Author Topic: updates  (Read 2094 times)

jetmanpaul

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: updates
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 10:15:53 AM »
First away game last night for a few years and cannot believe it was the same team Iíve been watching at home, devoid of ideas correct the 2 fullbacks weíre out of their depth and too lightweight, I took a friend last night and he thought the teams should be in the opposite positions in the table, he said and I agree that they wanted it more and we kept pulling out of tackles the 50/50 balls, with regard to the dugouts the linesman bottled it as their manager took a swing at our player( no names) and it was his father who reacted and I would have probably done the same, he should be reported but wonít be as ref didnít even send him off, we are a better team than this and everyone has an off day, ( remember they beat Stourbridge and have 3 loanees in) we will still be in the playoffs and the new lad looks to be a good aqasition from the little time I saw

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 12:24:45 PM »
I keep hearing that Hitchin have got these Loanees and are on the rise up the league and clearly are...but how have they managed to attract such players if they are so good being in the position in the league that they were/are? How are lynn not able to get a couple of decent players on loan? Has Ian got no connections left at norwich nowadays, is there no youngsters looking for regular games?
Yeah new faces are coming in but even the new striker if you look at his record has played a few games here & there never really stuck anywhere for too long from what i can see.
Just think we need a bit of a refresh for the playoffs if sc still has serious ambitions about getting promoted this season

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 12:56:56 PM »
Catchment area.

They've got two football league clubs within a stones throw where they can get players on loan (Luton/Stevenage), whilst also being closer to North London which opens up a lot more connections and ability to bring in players on a conveyor belt. They've been good in past seasons (won the league cup last season I think), so one of those sides where away from home, their position was not a true reflection of their quality they have.

Just got to brush it off, hope there was the hairdryer treatment and look for a response next game to get things going again. Lynn had some shockers last season away to low sides, Farnborough being main one.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 01:16:42 PM »
From last nights horror show there was one player imo needs a rest but above all replaced at the" moment",  that is ryan Jarvis :dontknow: as a big admirer I feel his age is gradually caught up with him, which means the younger opponents are able to close down easily. having said that the one thing that he was admired for was his passing but of late it has been poor..its time for someone to step up, but the only player capable is aaron jones but he is injured....
Jarvis has been carrying an injury for a few games. I wouldn't write him off just yet. He's not that old.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 01:30:05 PM »
Whats the chances of getting Lappin in we seem to be short left side.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 01:39:12 PM »
Whats the chances of getting Lappin in we seem to be short left side.
Good shout for the King of Spain. He's probably committed to Wroxham's promotion push, however.