Author Topic: Club Statement  (Read 3078 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Club Statement
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 08:10:21 PM »
Hard for anyone to disagree with that one Griss.   Does seem a very strange set of standards that this club operates.

I would hope the likes of Culverhouse Fryatt and Back should have the ear of the Chairman on this one.  As they deal with the players, almost on a day to day basis then they I am sure will be pushing for the strongest sanctions that the Club can impose.

I am surprised that the Club haven’t issued a ban straight away. Then again after the points Grissles has made, maybe I’m not.

Do what the f*** you like,just don't disagree with the Guvnor!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 09:34:24 PM »
The club has to make a stand and ban this person/s anything less will send out totally the wrong message.  I assume that this matter will also be dealt with by a higher level than the Club.

The Non League newspaper will no doubt give this full coverage both in terms of what has happened and the outcome.

The Club has a sense of duty to the player in this matter. How can the lad play for a club that doesn’t take the action of a ban.

Let us get in the real world here Mallard,you can let off flares; no ban, fight with opposing fans no ban; and now spout vile racist ****;no ban! Disagree with the chairman' BANNED! What signals are we sending out as a club?
This is obviously a serious issue. The club has said it will act. Give it a chance to act. If it doesn't it will condemned by all but until such time get off the club's back. At the first opportunity to attack the club out pop the usual vultures.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 09:45:30 PM »
The club has to make a stand and ban this person/s anything less will send out totally the wrong message.  I assume that this matter will also be dealt with by a higher level than the Club.

The Non League newspaper will no doubt give this full coverage both in terms of what has happened and the outcome.

The Club has a sense of duty to the player in this matter. How can the lad play for a club that doesn’t take the action of a ban.

Let us get in the real world here Mallard,you can let off flares; no ban, fight with opposing fans no ban; and now spout vile racist ****;no ban! Disagree with the chairman' BANNED! What signals are we sending out as a club?
This is obviously a serious issue. The club has said it will act. Give it a chance to act. If it doesn't it will condemned by all but until such time get off the club's back. At the first opportunity to attack the club out pop the usual vultures.

:comeon:

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 09:52:09 PM »

I actually agree,Stan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 09:58:26 PM »

I actually agree,Stan.

Of course they will act this time because Stan has spoken!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2019, 08:07:14 AM »
You old cynic Griss.  Vultures, Cuckoo or even Magpies. 

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2019, 08:12:57 AM »
You old cynic Griss.  Vultures, Cuckoo or even Magpies.

Can't make up my mind whether I'm a vulture or a magpie,I have been told I have quite a large beak,but on the other wing I could be a magpie because I like shiney things? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2019, 09:07:09 AM »

The "accused" should be suspended pending an official inquiry and if found guilty a suitable punishment issued. As you say Stan, the Club has said it will act so we should all allow its due process to be followed. The Club should have issued a statement in which they could have clarified if a suspension had been issued.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2019, 09:17:00 AM »

The "accused" should be suspended pending an official inquiry and if found guilty a suitable punishment issued. As you say Stan, the Club has said it will act so we should all allow its due process to be followed. The Club should have issued a statement in which they could have clarified if a suspension had been issued.

Do they suspend all of the Ultras until they have weeded out the culprit? :dontknow:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2019, 09:42:52 AM »
I thought the culprit has come forward

GrahamB

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2019, 09:43:49 AM »
They should suspend them ALL entry until they have carried out their investigation. Then the culprits should be given a lifetime home ban, as I assume any away one cant be enforced. The matter should then be handed to the Police due to the nature of the said "tweets". The damage this had done to the club locally and nationally will be enormous, the Non_league paper will certainly run this tomorrow and until its conclusion. Mr Cleeve has to deal with this swiftly and decisively

GrahamB

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2019, 09:45:21 AM »
"one" culprit has admitted to being party to "some" of the comments

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2019, 10:00:55 AM »
They should suspend them ALL entry until they have carried out their investigation. Then the culprits should be given a lifetime home ban, as I assume any away one cant be enforced. The matter should then be handed to the Police due to the nature of the said "tweets". The damage this had done to the club locally and nationally will be enormous, the Non_league paper will certainly run this tomorrow and until its conclusion. Mr Cleeve has to deal with this swiftly and decisively

100% with you on that one.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2019, 12:00:26 PM »
Yes agreed. I am wondering whether this is an opportunity, once this ghastly affair has been dealt with, to produce some sort of Code of Conduct for fans of the club.
For instance, the club wants to attract more fans to the ground. The language used by fans at the ground should therefore reflect the fact that young families may be present.
The Code could outline the likely sanctions for various forms of abusive and unruly behaviour, so that it is abundantly clear what the punishments will be, should anyone transgress.
This would provide a statement of intent from the club to the outside world. Then at least something positive will have come out of this awful situation.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2019, 12:14:15 PM »
Yes agreed. I am wondering whether this is an opportunity, once this ghastly affair has been dealt with, to produce some sort of Code of Conduct for fans of the club.
For instance, the club wants to attract more fans to the ground. The language used by fans at the ground should therefore reflect the fact that young families may be present.
The Code could outline the likely sanctions for various forms of abusive and unruly behaviour, so that it is abundantly clear what the punishments will be, should anyone transgress.
This would provide a statement of intent from the club to the outside world. Then at least something positive will have come out of this awful situation.

Code of conduct is printed in the programme every week I believe,and posted around the ground? :oldman"