Author Topic: Club Statement  (Read 2928 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Club Statement
« on: January 24, 2019, 04:31:39 PM »
From Clubs website:

Club statement regarding social media postings
January 24, 2019

King’s Lynn Town Football Club are aware of a number of what the club can only describe as 'vile' and 'disgusting' postings which were made on social media platform Twitter following our fixture at Hitchin Town on Wednesday evening.
The three ‘Tweets’ were posted using the name of @UltrasLynn and have since been removed.
The club have already began a thorough investigation into this incident and we understand that more than one person has access to this account which allows them to post messages.
We appeal to the person(s) who made these comments to contact the club as a matter of urgency so that this very serious situation can be dealt with.
We also would ask any supporters who may know who is responsible for these actions to please contact the club by sending a direct message to our official twitter account @officialkltown
Once we have solid evidence as to the person(s) involved they will be dealt with by the club.
As a club we are sickened by the actions of this person(s) and we wish to publicly condemn their disgraceful behaviour.
We have today received many calls and messages from our supporters insisting that we take action against anyone proven to have been involved in this unpleasant incident and can promise that the club will take the appropriate steps in due course.
There will be no further comment from the club at this time. 

Linnet1993

• View Profile
Re: Club Statement
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 04:37:49 PM »
Can anyone enlighten me on what these tweets were?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 04:52:01 PM »
Not seen them nor do I want to see them just hope you ever sent them gets their just deserts

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 04:53:32 PM »
Racist comment about one of our players. Plus a totally disgusting comment about the unborn child of the same players girlfriend.  How’s that to start with.

Ban them for life

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 05:13:56 PM »
Racist comment about one of our players. Plus a totally disgusting comment about the unborn child of the same players girlfriend.  How’s that to start with.

Ban them for life

Just wow, completly unacceptable.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 07:58:17 PM »
That Twitter account no longer exists.  :dontknow:
Customers,not Supporters? ;)

Barmy856

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 10:11:06 PM »
Nice to see that the club has finally taken action against this griup.

I say ‘finally’, as its a shame things have been allowed to get to this stage. Ive followed the twitter profile in question for the last year or so. In this time , i’ve seen personal abuse directed at rival club officials , anyone who dares to have a different opinion and even our own hardworking volunteers!

I dont think its a case of identifying who it was in particular who published the tweet. Personally, i think anyone assoicated with the profile should be banned. Enough is enough and a the club needs to take a tough stance. The ‘support’ this group provides is not the kind we need.

I also hope the perperator is dealt with by the relevant authorities and, if relevant, employer.

I hope the club statement is actually backed up with action this time unlike the flare incident and the condemnation that followed almost a year ago.

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 12:46:43 PM »
This is the first post for a very long time for various reasons. I find the actions of a few to be absolute disgraceful. Kieran is a very well mannered young man who had suffered an horrendous injury just as he was breaking into the King's Lynn Town 1st team in 2018.He is now thankfully making a comeback and for some idiot/idiots to hide behind there keypads and give that sort of racist remark and disgusting comments, is dreadful. King's Lynn Ultras need to get a life. If someone was to say BOO to them they would mess themselves. Get your backpacks on and just keep walking, singing your silly girlie songs and just hope that a REAL Ultra never crosses your path. As for their employees we need to have them named and shamed surely you mean headmasters and teachers. Aren't the backpacks to carry their homework around in, and a spare pair of boxer shorts? They will need them!

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 12:58:36 PM »
Updated statement from Club website:

Updated club statement regarding social media posts
January 25, 2019

The club wishes to provide an update on the statement issued yesterday (Thursday) following social media incidents on Wednesday evening involving remarks made on a Twitter account.
Late yesterday afternoon, the club was contacted by an individual who has admitted responsibility for some of the remarks made on social media platform Twitter following the club’s league fixture at Hitchin Town on Wednesday.
Following further investigations and information received, the club are satisfied of the persons validity.
Club officials have initially spoken to the person concerned and a meeting has been arranged with club chairman Stephen Cleeve to determine further action.
The club wishes to thank supporters for their help and support in this situation. There will be no further comment from the club at this time.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2019, 02:27:25 PM »
 :dirtbike: These people need to get on their bikes and leave our club to the decent and honest people amongst us. Finally well said Chilly, I wholeheartedly agree with all you posted.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 02:30:58 PM »
:dirtbike: These people need to get on their bikes and leave our club to the decent and honest people amongst us. Finally well said Chilly, I wholeheartedly agree with all you posted.

They will probably join the people responsible for the flares and the fighting at the Slough play off final? :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 04:02:32 PM »
With the Chairman having previously banned people just for making comments he did not agree with, I guess a ban is the only course of action open to him on this occasion.

:dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 04:17:29 PM »
The club has to make a stand and ban this person/s anything less will send out totally the wrong message.  I assume that this matter will also be dealt with by a higher level than the Club.

The Non League newspaper will no doubt give this full coverage both in terms of what has happened and the outcome.

The Club has a sense of duty to the player in this matter. How can the lad play for a club that doesn’t take the action of a ban.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 07:14:42 PM »
The club has to make a stand and ban this person/s anything less will send out totally the wrong message.  I assume that this matter will also be dealt with by a higher level than the Club.

The Non League newspaper will no doubt give this full coverage both in terms of what has happened and the outcome.

The Club has a sense of duty to the player in this matter. How can the lad play for a club that doesn’t take the action of a ban.

Let us get in the real world here Mallard,you can let off flares; no ban, fight with opposing fans no ban; and now spout vile racist ****;no ban! Disagree with the chairman' BANNED! What signals are we sending out as a club?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 07:25:05 PM »
Hard for anyone to disagree with that one Griss.   Does seem a very strange set of standards that this club operates.

I would hope the likes of Culverhouse Fryatt and Back should have the ear of the Chairman on this one.  As they deal with the players, almost on a day to day basis then they I am sure will be pushing for the strongest sanctions that the Club can impose.

I am surprised that the Club haven’t issued a ban straight away. Then again after the points Grissles has made, maybe I’m not.