Author Topic: Royston at Home on Tuesday  (Read 1113 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Royston at Home on Tuesday
« on: January 28, 2019, 07:04:30 PM »
Come On guys, let's start talking about our next game tomorrow evening against Royston.

Has Ian Culverhouse got a plan to break down stubborn defences like St Ives? Should we be doing all the attacking and getting caught on the break?

A 3-4-3 formation would allow defence in depth with ample attacking options but plenty of players to defend the long ball break out.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
Re: Royston at Home on Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 08:37:26 PM »
Wrap up warm! Snow for the second half!

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 08:49:05 PM »
A very important game after the last two results, its a shame the weather will keep the crowd down.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 10:47:07 PM »
Will be my first game this year,so hope it is not too cold. :freezing: :freezing:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 03:13:03 PM »
Being at home again on Saturday, fans will pick and choose which game to watch, as it is going to be extra expense.   Tonight I'm going for a 2-0 win in front of 460 fans,   

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 04:11:26 PM »
Appears to be going ahead with no comment from the club  :clap:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 05:16:27 PM »
Looks like a cold one tonight so anything approaching 500 through the turnstyles will be a success.  On the pitch IC was in the papers saying teams are giving us more respect, whilst that may be true I still don't think he has found his best blend with the players at his disposal (some of whom were obviously not his choice), whilst it's nice to have options both in personnel and in potential formations, there has to be a plan A and I think we are less patient than we were last season.

For tonight (assuming no-one has picked up an injury from the weekend), I would start with
Street
Fryatt/Robinson/McAuley
Richards/Clunan/Jarvis/Blake-Tracey
Hawkins
Gash/Marriott

subs: Kerins, Parker, Henderson, Mellors-Blair

Think Richards is better right hand side midfielder than Kerins, although could make a case for playing Kerins in place of Fryatt in a back 3.  Think at home Hawkins is our best option in that 'third attacker' role, although IC seems to prefer Parker.  Not seen Mellors-Blair but the form Marriott is in would be mad not to start him and doesn't look like he is pushing to fill the role Gash plays for the team

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 05:49:00 PM »
I'm hoping for a masive response from the players and a good turnout,I will go for a 600+ crowd and a 4-1 win Gash and Marriot on the score sheet,and a culled ultras? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?