Author Topic: Latest Club Statement  (Read 971 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Latest Club Statement
« on: January 29, 2019, 09:47:09 PM »

Football club statement
January 29, 2019

Following last Wednesday’s social media incidents, King's Lynn Town Football Club wishes to inform supporters of its findings and the actions that have been taken following the conclusion of their investigations.
After an initial statement was issued, the club was contacted by a person claiming responsibility for postings made on social media platform ‘Twitter’ last Wednesday evening.
The individual concerned has since spoken with chairman Stephen Cleeve on the phone and has this evening (Tuesday) met with Mr Cleeve and other club officials.
Consequently, the following action has been taken by the club:
The person responsible has been banned from all matches at The Walks for an indefinite period, which will be lifted at the club's discretion.
King's Lynn Town Football Club has sought and been given advice by the Football Association’s official partner Kick It Out, who educate supporters on equality in football.
The club has decided that the person must attend a course run by Kick it Out. The person, who will foot the full cost of the course, will also meet up with Kieran Shipp to apologise for last week’s actions and has apologised to the club for his actions.
Further to the above, the club are intending to talk to a small group of individuals about previous social media activity and general behaviour, both here at the Walks and also at away games, in the very near future.
They will be warned about their future behaviour and informed any repeat of actions deemed not acceptable would also result in banning notices.
The club has asked that the Twitter identity ‘UltrasLynn’ remains deactivated, as it is now. 
A separate incident that took place in the technical area at Hitchin Town, which is totally unrelated to the social media postings, is also under investigation by the club and the Southern League.
King's Lynn Town Football Club condemns all forms of abuse and will act quickly to punish anybody who is responsible for this type of grossly offensive behaviour.

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Latest Club Statement
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 09:48:57 PM »
Well done Mr Cleeve

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 10:50:18 PM »
Perfect response well done Mr Chairman.

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 11:17:58 PM »
It would have been perfect if part of the punishment was for him to be Shippy's bitch for a few months. Boot cleaning, kit washing etc.

GrahamB

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 10:49:13 AM »
A step in the right direction I agree , but does it go far enough? "Indefinite", how long is a piece of string? That sounds like a soft slap on the wrist until the end of the season, I think a more defined ban to be reviewed at the clubs discretion would be more positive with the others excluded until end of the  season IMO

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 11:53:05 AM »
A step in the right direction I agree , but does it go far enough? "Indefinite", how long is a piece of string? That sounds like a soft slap on the wrist until the end of the season, I think a more defined ban to be reviewed at the clubs discretion would be more positive with the others excluded until of the season IMO
I find I'm agreeing with you again. IMHO, strange wording, but as you say, a step in the right direction.