4-2 win
« on: January 29, 2019, 09:50:57 PM »
Lynn win 4-2 in awful conditions.

Attendance 389.

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: 4-2 win
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 10:08:42 PM »
Not a bad turn out considering the weather and 2 home games in the space of 5 days

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 10:18:28 PM »
Good result but some comedy defending and Hawkins very wasteful when he came on.Thought Clunan was mom.So many chances again but we keep trying to walk it in.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 10:52:45 PM »
Extremely entertaining, a nightmare for defenders and goalies. We must be more ruthless in front of goal we wasted so many golden chances. Thought Clunan and Jarvis were superb tonight, Mellors-Blair is going to be a great option for the run in gives us something else

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 12:01:59 AM »
I think they done well tonight considering the atrocious conditions,struggled to stay on their feet at times,I also thought the officials were decent tonight as well,couldn't have been an easy game for them to watch. Just a shame that the weather kept people away. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Customers,not Supporters? ;)

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 05:35:51 PM »
Thankfully we got out of the game with a win but the conditions in second half made the game a complete lottery, IC obviously decided the wide areas were too slippery so we played a large chunk of the second half with a 4-2-2-2 formation.  Thought WMB looks a good signing although again not sure it has balanced out the squad at all, a front three of Gash, Marriott and WMB will cause problems for most clubs at this level but we still look dodgy at the back, something IC spoke about in his post-match interview on Radio Norfolk, complaining about the gaps between individual defenders.  I know he got MotM but for me Fryatt isn't as good a 'traditional' right back as Kerins so we either play the best players for each position or if we are going with Fryatt, Robinson and McAuley then lets find a formation that fits them in, which imo is pushing FBT on and moving Richards to right wing back.

On to another tough test on Saturday, hopefully the weather and gate both improve for what should be a decent game.  Hopefully the Lynn fans can get behind the team and allow them to play their football - 1st goal last night was a good a move as you will see in non-league but still last night people were moaning about getting the ball forward quicker, fair enough in the 2nd half when conditions dictated it but when we can we are far, far better team playing a passing game but that needs patience in the stands.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 07:29:26 PM »
100 percent agree Tony.