Author Topic: Pitch/ bad weather  (Read 5507 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Pitch/ bad weather
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 09:46:25 AM »
Snow Snow in West Lynn just random flurries of sleet and a few hail-like showers.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 10:20:10 AM »
Lot of snow in Swaffham their game is off. Will have to wait and see about the Linnets.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 11:15:12 AM »
Sunshine at the moment. :scarf: :scarf:
Customers,not Supporters? ;)

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 11:26:19 AM »
Snowing quite heavily in Heacham,and starting to settle in places  :swear: :freezing:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 02:22:03 PM »
Match off - can't wait to here the excuses for not calling in a referee for a 9 am pitch inspection
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2019, 02:39:40 PM »
Match off - can't wait to here the excuses for not calling in a referee for a 9 am pitch inspection

Greg Plummer
@GregTheLynnNews
Interesting to hear that @officialKLtown manager Ian Culverhouse felt the decision to call today’s game off should have been made earlier as the pitch was clearly unplayable, despite the efforts of groundsman Steve Curtis.

@Alvechurch1st
Gotta be honest complete shambles. @officialKLtown said no doubt at 9.30, chairman spoke to ours at 12 said no problem. Got here called off! It looks like a Tuesday night will have sort this.

Greg Plummer
@GregTheLynnNews
Today’s visitors not happy and you can understand why. Common sense prevails in the end but I had my doubts that it would go ahead after walking the pitch at 10am this morning.

Charlene Walker
‏ @MrsCLW1

Think @officialKLtown and @StephenCleeve should release a statement in regards to this. Appalling decision. Could’ve been called off last bight. Would’ve been if was reserve team. Think @Alvechurch1st should get 50% £ gate intake on resched #appallingclub

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2019, 03:17:47 PM »
Begs the question, why was the Chairman so keen and determined that today’s game went ahead ?   Makes no sense.  Not as though he is short of few Bob, is he ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2019, 03:25:13 PM »
One wonders what goes through peoples heads,apart from wasting everyones time, I presume that with such a late call off officials will still be paid,and I presume staff were in and food cooking? :dontknow:

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2019, 03:51:33 PM »
A lot of you may think he's a god but he's not Mr Cleeve can't be blamed for the weather . And surely it's not down to the chairman to say whether a pitch is playable or not or even if it should be inspected, a lot if I not all the responsibility for this should be down to the "football" people within the club. On the bright side it gives the players carrying niggles extra time to recover

:scarf: :scarf:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2019, 03:57:08 PM »
A lot of you may think he's a god but he's not Mr Cleeve can't be blamed for the weather . And surely it's not down to the chairman to say whether a pitch is playable or not or even if it should be inspected, a lot if I not all the responsibility for this should be down to the "football" people within the club. On the bright side it gives the players carrying niggles extra time to recover

:scarf: :scarf:

Have you considered the possibilty that maybe the "football" people did advise him, but were over ruled and ignored?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2019, 04:07:34 PM »
Had many fans entered the ground before it was called off? might have shifted a burger or 2 and some beer? :scarf: :scarf:

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2019, 05:11:08 PM »
Going to be a fiesty affair when it’s re-scheduled by the sounds of the incident after it was called off.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2019, 05:53:14 PM »
Got to feel sorry for Alvechurch team and Supporters all that way and only found out when they got here. Think us lot would have been annoyed as well if the positions were reversed.

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2019, 05:54:32 PM »
I have to say how embarrassing it is that we put Alvechurch in such a position that they thought it ok to make the trip. If the pitch was frozen at 14:00 it sure as hell would have been at 10:00. Historically the area in front of the stand takes an age to thaw. I feel so sorry for them to have made such a long trip, the players, fans and officials. This was so preventable.

I was annoyed and I'd only made a four mile round trip, more annoyed perhaps that I'd ruffled my hair unnecessarily wearing a warm hat!

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2019, 07:05:15 PM »
Going to be a fiesty affair when it’s re-scheduled by the sounds of the incident after it was called off.

What incident is that?