Author Topic: On to Saturday.  (Read 4049 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: On to Saturday.
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2019, 09:45:05 AM »
Iím not with you on that one Mike.  Ryan always gives you 100%  but I donít feel he has a good enough  touch to play as a wing back. Not enough awareness to play that role.  He does a fine job where he is.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2019, 12:27:08 PM »
Fryatt played there on Saturday and did a decent job but doesn't have the capacity to get past people, making the angles for his crosses not particularly effective.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2019, 01:46:27 PM »
Sorry Stan, think we will have to agree to disagree on Fryatt and McAuley as I wouldn't go anywhere near 'capable', we are nowhere near as solid as we were last season but I would agree with your comment about our right hand side although I am with Mallard on Fryatt at right back, from what I have seen, Kerins is a much better bet in that position and looks like he has the potential to improve under the guidance of one of the best ever to have played that position for NCFC.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2019, 01:50:33 PM »
In fairness to Stan, Tony I think he was agreement with the idea of Ryan playing wing back

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2019, 05:47:23 PM »
Sorry Stan, think we will have to agree to disagree on Fryatt and McAuley as I wouldn't go anywhere near 'capable', we are nowhere near as solid as we were last season but I would agree with your comment about our right hand side although I am with Mallard on Fryatt at right back, from what I have seen, Kerins is a much better bet in that position and looks like he has the potential to improve under the guidance of one of the best ever to have played that position for NCFC.
I'd be interested to know what others think of Fryatt and McCauley as a centre back pairing. I rate both of them very highly.
I agreed with Mallard that Fryatt is not a wing-back. As for Kerins: I was initially impressed with him but he looked completely out of his depth away to St Ives and was taken off. I know Kerins is young and needs time but it is telling that Culverhouse hasn't started him since despite Lynn being short on the right.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2019, 05:56:01 PM »
I'd be interested to know what others think of Fryatt and McCauley as a centre back pairing. I rate both of them very highly.
I agreed with Mallard that Fryatt is not a wing-back. As for Kerins: I was initially impressed with him but he looked completely out of his depth away to St Ives and was taken off. I know Kerins is young and needs time but it is telling that Culverhouse hasn't started him since despite Lynn being short on the right.

I believe both of them are better players than Ward last season, however we seem weaker at the back this year. I do think Fryatt is having a slight down year compared to last season but has still been superb. Robinson isnít as good as either of them and seems to be caught out a couple of times a game. Think you hit the nail on the head with Kerins, would like to see some more of him to then give us the opportunity of Jones at CM

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2019, 10:40:24 PM »

I didn't go to St Ives but did Kerins play left back or right back that evening?  He has switched flanks when FBT went off injured in the prior home game and after having a decent game at right back looked like a fish out of water on the left.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2019, 05:28:57 PM »

I didn't go to St Ives but did Kerins play left back or right back that evening?  He has switched flanks when FBT went off injured in the prior home game and after having a decent game at right back looked like a fish out of water on the left.
Kerins played on the right against St Ives.