Author Topic: Redditch at home  (Read 2823 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Redditch at home
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2019, 12:06:20 AM »
See you all in the bar about 14:30? :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 11:03:28 AM »
Let's hope the beer is not as flat as usual

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2019, 05:29:31 PM »
See you all in the bar about 14:30? :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Ok Griss

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2019, 05:39:02 PM »
Great game with full committment by everyone. Pedro made two good saves, defence was solid, midfield was able to dominate and FBT and Aaron Jones made good use of wings as well as good defending. Ryan Jarvis and Michael Clunan were back to their usual standard and Michael Gash worked hard up front as well as tracking back to defend. Chris Henderson was involved in everything and young Jordan Richards just would not give up and won lots of lost causes. Adam Marriott was often up front on his own and had several efforts just wide or high. His goal was superb, linking around a couple of players before smashing his shot home. Ryan Fryatt defended solidly alongside Rory McAuley and headed home FBT's corner at the far post..Ryan Hawkins  came on but didn't make much impact and made some errors when defending at right back but the job had already been done. Clunan came off injured and Richard's was subbed along with Hendo. Not really long enough t.ime for M-B to make any impact or Craig Parker either. All in all a good solid game against a skilful team who could have been more dangerous but did not break out as we had them covered.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2019, 06:14:49 PM »
Great game with full committment by everyone. Pedro made two good saves, defence was solid, midfield was able to dominate and FBT and Aaron Jones made good use of wings as well as good defending. Ryan Jarvis and Michael Clunan were back to their usual standard and Michael Gash worked hard up front as well as tracking back to defend. Chris Henderson was involved in everything and young Jordan Richards just would not give up and won lots of lost causes. Adam Marriott was often up front on his own and had several efforts just wide or high. His goal was superb, linking around a couple of players before smashing his shot home. Ryan Fryatt defended solidly alongside Rory McAuley and headed home FBT's corner at the far post..Ryan Hawkins  came on but didn't make much impact and made some errors when defending at right back but the job had already been done. Clunan came off injured and Richard's was subbed along with Hendo. Not really long enough t.ime for M-B to make any impact or Craig Parker either. All in all a good solid game against a skilful team who could have been more dangerous but did not break out as we had them covered.
A fair overview Mike. Strong performances all round. Fryatt and McCauley impressive at the back. TonyM were you watching?

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2019, 06:22:06 PM »
I thought Redditch were cynical at the back. Constant fouling against Gash. Surely that number 6? should have been sent off for that horrible challenge on Clunan. The ref prefers to chat to players than take action. Several yellows for sure but should have been more. I hope Redditch get relegated: horrible team.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2019, 06:46:25 PM »
And nice to put a face to a name Stan, drink next game.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2019, 07:05:55 PM »
And nice to put a face to a name Stan, drink next game.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Definitely Griss.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2019, 09:42:53 AM »
A fair overview Mike. Strong performances all round. Fryatt and McCauley impressive at the back. TonyM were you watching?

Yes, not how I saw the game but fully respect others opinions.  For me it was 3 points that yet again we made look far harder than our league positions (and ambitions) would have suggested before kick off.  Up until the goal there was only one team trying to get the ball down and play, thankfully Redditch's forwards were not as impressive as their midfield/defence (and until the goal the worst foul was by Jones).  After the goal we did seem to want to play more but for me the diamond doesn't work if Henderson is at the top of it and spends half his time taking a square pass from Jarvis who is at the base of it!  Good games by Clunan and Richards and Marriott worked his socks off and took his goal well but at 1-0 we still looked vulnerable through the middle it was just Redditch didn't take advantage (plus a couple of good saves by Pedro).  We are really missing leadership at the back and really not sure having Bastock trying to marshall the defence from the sidelines is helping anyone, last season Culverhouse was a calming influence on the touchline and the team mirrored that, this season has seen a change in the dugout and on the pitch.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2019, 10:48:01 AM »

Yes, not how I saw the game but fully respect others opinions.  For me it was 3 points that yet again we made look far harder than our league positions (and ambitions) would have suggested before kick off.  Up until the goal there was only one team trying to get the ball down and play, thankfully Redditch's forwards were not as impressive as their midfield/defence (and until the goal the worst foul was by Jones).  After the goal we did seem to want to play more but for me the diamond doesn't work if Henderson is at the top of it and spends half his time taking a square pass from Jarvis who is at the base of it!  Good games by Clunan and Richards and Marriott worked his socks off and took his goal well but at 1-0 we still looked vulnerable through the middle it was just Redditch didn't take advantage (plus a couple of good saves by Pedro).  We are really missing leadership at the back and really not sure having Bastock trying to marshall the defence from the sidelines is helping anyone, last season Culverhouse was a calming influence on the touchline and the team mirrored that, this season has seen a change in the dugout and on the pitch.
I agree that Henderson needs to play further forward and would add that I feel that Parker plays this role more effectively. I was interested in what you thought of the two centre backs. I thought they were excellent: worked as a pair, dropped and covered each other; both won everything in the air; never saw them miss a tackle; Fryatt popped up with the opening goal as well. Do you agree that they played well yesterday? If you didn't what did you see that wasn't working?
I'm not sure why you mention the Aaron Jones' foul. Are you suggesting that Lynn were as dirty at the back as Redditch?

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2019, 03:43:04 PM »
I’m not actually convinced Redditch were that good defensively. The simple reason being a stronger referee would have clamped down on the number 5 repeatedly manhandling our attacking players off the ball. The 6 should have already been on a yellow for the Ramos style arm lock on Marriott a couple of minutes before the foul on Clunan which warranted a straight red.

For a game which saw even passing play with not much between the sides for the first 20 minutes, Redditch seemed to resort to increasingly dirty tactics to stop us when we did get in the ascendancy.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2019, 09:00:04 PM »
Thought Lynn were superb at times, Mike Clunan might be playing his best football in a Lynn shirt over the last few weeks. I hope the injury wasn’t to bad how it wasn’t a red card I do not no.

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2019, 11:53:37 AM »
Good win against a physical side.

Regarding Clunan - I've been one of his biggest critics, but one thing I did notice on Saturday was his work rate for the team.
Many times he sprinted back to defend when we lost possession.

So, credit where it's due.

And.......Jordan Richards could turn out to be a little gem of a player

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2019, 12:59:40 PM »
Good win against a physical side.

Regarding Clunan - I've been one of his biggest critics, but one thing I did notice on Saturday was his work rate for the team.
Many times he sprinted back to defend when we lost possession.

So, credit where it's due.

And.......Jordan Richards could turn out to be a little gem of a player
I agree about Richards. He's still young and is coming on well.