Author Topic: ‘The FA Explain’  (Read 1127 times)

Linnet1993

• View Profile
‘The FA Explain’
« on: February 12, 2019, 10:28:25 PM »
https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/25749/football-matters-league-restructuring-ground-grading-and-player-registration-issues-explained/

An article all non league fans should read, fantastic news that the super playoffs are hopefully for this season only.

KES80

• View Profile
Re: ‘The FA Explain’
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 07:46:27 AM »
So grants are available for the changing rooms...have Lynn applied ?

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 08:36:47 AM »
So grants are available for the changing rooms...have Lynn applied ?

Changing rooms are already to requirements

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 09:27:24 AM »
Thought they were fractionally small...or was that a step 1 requirement?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 09:57:25 AM »
I thought that was one of issue’s when we were demoted from step2 to step 3 under the Bobbin’s watch.  I seem recall when Buster and Boonie came in that problem was adjusted.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 10:52:47 AM »
I thought that was one of issue’s when we were demoted from step2 to step 3 under the Bobbin’s watch.  I seem recall when Buster and Boonie came in that problem was adjusted.

Not sure if anything was done with regards to the actual size of the rooms. I thought it was still an issue.  :dontknow:

Also heard very recently that there's an issue with dug outs that needs to be sorted within next few weeks.   :dontknow:

GrahamB

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 11:52:39 AM »
The dug outs are being moved and extended, hence the hole and fencing in that area

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 11:59:40 AM »
 :clap:
The dug outs are being moved and extended, hence the hole and fencing in that area

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 01:41:58 PM »
Decent article, still not sure that 4 down from Conference North & South really does anyone any favours given what it takes to get and stay there, just more potential for teams to overstretch themselves.  Good explanation of the rationale behind ground grading and seems to make sense.  SC made reference to the Walks ground grading a few weeks back in his programme notes - "we now have to move the away dug out before March to comply with the regulations" - something the article implies could be left to the end of the season, SC also noted "our dressing rooms have passed the new criteria and we have to make one or two other amendments but overall nothing too serious".  I would assume this is all to stay at step 3 rather than move up to step 2 but I guess we cross that bridge when (if) we get to it.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 04:25:46 PM »
If there are areas of concern between compliance for Step 3 and Step 2 then the Club needs to be able to meet the higher grade, either already or planned and feasible.

We don't need to be in a situation of the team and Club working hard and gaining promotion and then not being able to maintain the elevated status due to some ground grade not being met.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 04:48:23 PM »
Exactly WLM. That's why I was asking if we have got any grant applications  in on any areas where improvements may be required.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 05:20:46 PM »
If there are areas of concern between compliance for Step 3 and Step 2 then the Club needs to be able to meet the higher grade, either already or planned and feasible.

We don't need to be in a situation of the team and Club working hard and gaining promotion and then not being able to maintain the elevated status due to some ground grade not being met.

Without wishing to upset or antagonise anyone, isn't this the reason the Trust's Ground Development Fund was set up?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 06:28:54 PM »
Didn’t Mr Cleeve kick the Trust and Thier Ideas into the long Grass ?

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2019, 10:05:59 AM »
If I remember correctly, the club was advised of work to be done to the ground to meet criteria upon promotion to Conference North in 2008. This included the size of the changing rooms, installation of additional shower heads, additional turnstiles and upgrading the floodlights. Rather than actually attempting or completing the work, our owners attitude at the time was pointing out that The Walks was a better ground than certain other clubs at that level had (despite the fact that these so called “lesser” grounds met all of the criteria required to play at that level).

Work has been done to the changing rooms and floodlights at The Walks since then, we also had to have additional safety barriers installed to satisfy promotion to step 3 in 2013 which probably highlights how regulations change over time. We do have room to install additional turnstiles if required.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2019, 10:54:43 AM »
If I remember correctly, the club was advised of work to be done to the ground to meet criteria upon promotion to Conference North in 2008. This included the size of the changing rooms, installation of additional shower heads, additional turnstiles and upgrading the floodlights. Rather than actually attempting or completing the work, our owners attitude at the time was pointing out that The Walks was a better ground than certain other clubs at that level had (despite the fact that these so called “lesser” grounds met all of the criteria required to play at that level).

Work has been done to the changing rooms and floodlights at The Walks since then, we also had to have additional safety barriers installed to satisfy promotion to step 3 in 2013 which probably highlights how regulations change over time. We do have room to install additional turnstiles if required.

Wasn't the problem with the (away) changing room just down to size? i.e. It was fractionally too small? I was always led to believe that this was the only issue with it, following the refurbishment when Club was reformed. Apparently needs to be 18sq metres and a supporting pillar in the changing room means is doesn't meet that criteria?  That's what I was told a number of years ago by people involved with the actual refurbishment. 

So, (as the Actress said to the Bishop)...................Is it big enough? Is it acceptable?  :dontknow: