Author Topic: Coalville  (Read 3287 times)

Linnet1993

• View Profile
Coalville
« on: February 25, 2019, 08:49:48 AM »
A massive game this weekend against a fellow playoff contender, who have lost 2 on the spin. Big implications on where one another will sit in the playoffs if reached! Hoping for 800+ with the magnitude of the game and straight after payday.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Coalville
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 02:39:19 PM »
Fingers crossed for a great turnout,Norwich away, good weather predicted,and hopefully they will bring a couple of nice fans,I think we can turn them over,I will go for 3-1, crowd 856. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Customers,not Supporters? ;)

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 05:03:18 PM »
I will be there in spirit and this is the last match I will miss

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 04:24:40 PM »
With The Ravens at The Walks on Saturday followed by a trip to Play Kettering on Tuesday.  Two defeats could see thier play-off hopes all but ended.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 08:21:20 PM »
Think there will be plenty of ups and downs. If Coalville were to lose the next two, it would leave them 31 51 which is still only 2 points adrift from where R and D are now.Would be good tho if Lynn could start putting a bit of daylight between themselves and the following pack and 3 points against Coalville might start to do that.

Linnet 1958

• Harry H.Overton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 08:34:19 PM »
3 points against Coalville and leiston beating Stourbridge would cut the gap on 2nd place to 7 points, and next Sat (9th) Stourbridge do not have a game, so could come away from Rushall just 4 behind and a game in hand and we have to play stourbridge on 27th April, so 2nd place is now a possibility :clap: :clap: :scarf: :scarf:
Supporting the Linnets Since 1964.
Owner of Harry H.Overton & Company (Est'd 1975 - Kings Lynn)
Funfair Amusement Makers & Decorators.
Honourable members of The Showman's Guild of Great Britain.
Our Business Is Fun, continuing a historic tradition and preserving skills and our past for the future.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 09:34:18 AM »
Should be a belter of a game  remember the games against these in the past  always a battle especially if Ryan Robbins was playing  =  happy days

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 09:54:47 AM »
Hopefully the troubles of the past can be laid to rest and we can all enjoy the game.

Lots of Coalville’s play went through Perry at their place, caused us problems but his early bath did swing the game dramatically in our favour.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2019, 10:34:02 AM »
Not just a big game for King's Lynn in terms of getting into play offs, but a big game psychologically too for if they do get into play offs. Record at the moment against teams in the top 8 is played 10 and won just 2. Just the 2 clean sheets too. That's very poor and something that needs correcting, not only just to get into the play offs, but winning them.

Seem to be a step quality down this season in those games, where as last season it was a different question winning 7 of the 14 against top 8 and that was largely thanks to the home form, which seems to have disappeared this season.

Last season Kettering averaged 2.1 points per game, this season 2.35. Lynn last season 2.17 and this season 1.77. Hopefully this will be the game where they kick on now we enter the 'business' end of the season and go into the play offs in form, and fit.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 05:40:28 PM »
What a big result we were very very good

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2019, 05:50:09 PM »
A 4 - 1 Win has put some clear water between Lynn and the chasing pack. Both Rushden and Alvechurch (1 - 1) dropped points and Coalville drop back 3points and are now 7points behind us with their 2games in hand.

A great display where our defence held solid apart from the Coalville goal that came out of nowhere. Midfield controlled and Chris Henderson (MoM) and Michael Gash were everywhere and did not let up for a moment. Adam Marriott turned supplier and got another (penalty) goal for his tally. Hendo took his two goals well with a run down the middle and shot past the goalie and his 2nd was a smasher into the top corner from an angle on the left. Michael Gash headed FBT's cross from the goal-line from the far post back across and into the goal over the top of the defence pack. Michael Clunan had a good game with his usual deft passes left and right and Jordan Richards mixed it with the big boys and really got stuck in.

Coalville had one real chance and took it with several long range shots high and wide. We dominated the park and hassled them when they had the ball. They never really looked as if they were dangerous in our half. No9 ate all the pies and could hardly leave the ground for any high balls - he got cheered off and he good naturally milked his moment of fame. No6 was a dirty git and could easily have got 2yellows with a Ref who was a bit whistle/card happy in the 1st half but seemed to calm down in the second - he was being assessed!

All in all a great result with good results (for us) by the nearest teams in the Play Off pack.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 07:28:44 PM »
Their number 6 Joe Doyle-Charles not only a dirty git but a play actor as well all in all a complete nonentity

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2019, 07:14:53 AM »
An immense performance from the boys today, couldn’t fault a single one of them. Coalville did not impress me at all with nothing going forward and we looked like cutting them open nearly every time we went forward. We seem to have found a starting 11 to go forward with now which plays to our strengths.

Also a shame to see Jake Kerins leave the club but I think this standard my have been a step to high for him.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2019, 09:35:49 AM »
Also a shame to see Jake Kerins leave the club but I think this standard my have been a step to high for him.

Thought he played for Ressies yesterday. Was it announced after the game?

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2019, 10:01:38 AM »

Thought he played for Ressies yesterday. Was it announced after the game?

In the chairman’s notes that he’s been transfer listed.