Author Topic: Rushall away  (Read 1681 times)

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
Rushall away
« on: March 09, 2019, 07:29:52 AM »
Let's hope Lynn can keep the recent run going today. 3 straight wins with 9 goals for and only 1 against since the Rushden defeat, suggests that Culverhouse has regrouped them and fixed the problems. Much respect to any fans who are making the journey today: it's a bit too far for me.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Rushall away
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 07:37:30 AM »
Would loved to have gone,but sadly work beckons. I think we willl get a nice 3-0 win today to keep the momentum going nicely. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Customers,not Supporters? ;)

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 01:44:31 PM »
 :cheers: that would be good

Linnet 1958

• Harry H.Overton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 02:06:38 PM »
See Limb has been recalled and on the subs bench.
Supporting the Linnets Since 1964.
Owner of Harry H.Overton & Company (Est'd 1975 - Kings Lynn)
Funfair Amusement Makers & Decorators.
Honourable members of The Showman's Guild of Great Britain.
Our Business Is Fun, continuing a historic tradition and preserving skills and our past for the future.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 10:58:28 PM »
We were poor. Can't say much more!

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 09:17:14 AM »
The lack of reaction on here suggests we are all in a state of shock. Lynn can't afford to keep dropping points like this or I  can see them slipping out of the play-offs altogether.
I'm not trying to add two and two together to make 5 but note that this is the second defeat recently when Lynn have not played with their tried and trusted centre back pairing of Fryatt and McCauley. Was this also the case against Hitchin?
Must win games against Hitchin and Alvechurch coming up.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 09:23:58 AM »
Fryatt missing from the Hitchin defeat also. Ummm! Is there a pattern here?

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 09:28:53 AM »
The lack of reaction on here suggests we are all in a state of shock. Lynn can't afford to keep dropping points like this or I  can see them slipping out of the play-offs altogether.
I'm not trying to add two and two together to make 5 but note that this is the second defeat recently when Lynn have not played with their tried and trusted centre back pairing of Fryatt and McCauley. Was this also the case against Hitchin?

Becoming abit of thing that we lay some real duds after winning big games or decent runs. Bedworth, Leiston, Hitchin and now Rushall. All should be fairly simple wins but we seem to lack intensity against the ‘smaller sides’ at times. Now in a real dog fight for playoffs with some monster games upcoming.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 09:33:00 AM »

Becoming abit of thing that we lay some real duds after winning big games or decent runs. Bedworth, Leiston, Hitchin and now Rushall. All should be fairly simple wins but we seem to lack intensity against the ‘smaller sides’ at times. Now in a real dog fight for playoffs with some monster games upcoming.
Sounds a bit like Spurs against Southampton yesterday. Great win at Dortmund; fluffed their lines against the Saints.

Attleborough Doug

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 04:39:53 PM »
You're so right Stan ! Spurs can match any team in Europe then lose to Burnley and Southampton ! Linnets need to regroup.  I think we need some pace and real bite in midfield in order to give the back four some degree of protection ; too often they are left exposed. 

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 09:20:56 PM »
You're so right Stan ! Spurs can match any team in Europe then lose to Burnley and Southampton ! Linnets need to regroup.  I think we need some pace and real bite in midfield in order to give the back four some degree of protection ; too often they are left exposed.

Crying out for a dominanting CM at times sadly we don’t have a player in that mould.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 10:10:35 AM »
Not seen any highlights for the game yet,and did we get the managers interview, be interesting on his view on the difference between this week and last? :dontknow:
Customers,not Supporters? ;)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 11:52:56 AM »
Not seen any highlights for the game yet,and did we get the managers interview, be interesting on his view on the difference between this week and last? :dontknow:

Not sure if they are going to be put up soon,although I think it was said that the equipment was broken the other week.

Have to say that when the interview and highlights are actually done, they are the best we have ever had. Unfortunately, there seems to be quite a lot of occasions when there's nothing. When Paul Hampson was doing this job, there was hardly ever a game missed.

Wouldn't it be possible for Paul to be involved again (if he wanted to be involved). Couldn't some agreement be reached so he covers the games that the current guy can't get to?   :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 12:57:04 PM »
Paul Did a hellva job with matchday coverage both home and away.  He showed the commitment that is needed to carry out such a job.  However I guess it got to him as well in the end.  This season’s highlights seem to have been very hit and miss.  I guess other commitments got in the way, some week’s.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 01:36:44 PM »
Sorry, but don't quite understand some peoples shock at this result, we haven't played consistently well for much of the season and have only really played in patches, hence lots of draws.  The table doesn't lie and we are in a fight for the playoffs, yes we gave other teams a bit of a start with the Clark mistake but we have been there or thereabouts since Christmas without really being able to put a good run together (the unbeaten tag is a bit of a red herring in the days of 3 points for a win). 

Losing Jones for a further 3 games (?) will be a blow and yes Stan you could point to a different centre half pairing being an issue (I don't know as I wasn't there) although I think problems more often than not start further up the field, but why on earth did Clunan take the penalty?  Appreciate Marriott had been subbed so wasn't an option but given he must have missed more than he has scored this season would it be such a loss to let someone else take it?