Author Topic: Jake Kerins  (Read 1310 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Jake Kerins
« on: March 11, 2019, 01:01:51 PM »
Is the lad still with us ?  If he is will he get a chance to re-stake a claim to the right back shirt with Arron Jones sending off ?

What do others think ? 

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Re: Jake Kerins
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 01:19:00 PM »
Is the lad still with us ?  If he is will he get a chance to re-stake a claim to the right back shirt with Arron Jones sending off ?

What do others think ?
Unless there's money available to spend at this very important stage of the season, that seems to make sense.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 01:46:29 PM »
At the moment I think it is very important to spend money on de fence? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
Customers,not Supporters? ;)

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 05:31:23 PM »
Think it unlikely Mallard, at this crucial stage. It's Hitchin Saturday....wasn't the away game one in which Kerins had a tough time.....think it will be McA and Rob in the middle and Fryatt filling in at right back.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 06:17:09 AM »
Think it unlikely Mallard, at this crucial stage. It's Hitchin Saturday....wasn't the away game one in which Kerins had a tough time.....think it will be McA and Rob in the middle and Fryatt filling in at right back.
Thought Kerins was ok defensively but looked short of ideas as an attacking wing-back. I would rather see Richards play there, with Hawkins to start in midfield.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 08:03:41 AM »
It does seem strange Stan that a first team
Player on a rumoured £300 a week is being played in the Reserves. Unless they are concerned about his match fitness and want to get him game time.  If this is the case then maybe a few more of the regular players on the bench will also get run outs in the Reserves.  Though as I recall when Jones returned from his injury that required surgery he was straight back in the first team.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 09:21:39 AM »
I just think Kerins was a stop gap, albeit an expensive one. No point playing him just because of his wages, if he is not cutting the mustard. I thought he played ok in the first couple of games but looked out of his depth against St Ives and Culverhouse hasn't picked him since.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 09:28:22 AM »
Another expensive mistake someone signed off on.  Maybe the best way forward would be to make the boy an offer to pay up part of his contract and let him find a new club.  Playing in the Reserves on that kind of money canít be good for either party

Al Dancer in the first at Cheltenham today

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 10:45:58 AM »
....... someone signed off, another dig at the Chairman, he gets damned if he allegedly gets involved in choosing players or picking the team then gets damned if he listens to advise from the management team on who to sign, give him a break for heavens sake
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 12:11:27 PM »
BM is that you reading between the lines or you reading things that are not written ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 03:14:42 PM »
At the timed of the Jones injury, I recall most people clamouring on here for the club to sign a replacement right back as it seemed Jones might be out for a long time. Kerins was the best option at the time and so was signed. Jones came back a lot quicker than first expected, so Kerins didn't have long to try and establish himself. Now he is deemed surplus to requirements and on transfer list I don't see him being recalled so makes sense to keep him fit, put him in the shop window and bolster ressies at same time

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 07:20:13 PM »
BM is that you reading between the lines or you reading things that are not written ?
Sorry Mallard, what did you mean by Another expensive mistake signed off on then?
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 11:46:48 AM »
Reported £1200 a month is an expensive mistake BM, whoever made it. Hopefully the boy is on the bench today and the place is not taken by Bastock