Author Topic: Is there a game this weekend?  (Read 1392 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Is there a game this weekend?
« on: March 15, 2019, 09:26:43 PM »
All been very quiet on here this week,wondered if we had a game coming up? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

YouSayItBest

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a game this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 09:44:04 PM »
Has it been called off due to structural damage?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 12:16:17 AM »
Structural damage all repaired now. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 07:00:12 AM »
Tough game today Griss. Jones will be a big loss. Lynn can't afford to drop points. I hope the fans come come out in force to support the team through this final critical part of the season.
I'll be in the bar around 2.30 if you fancy a beer.

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 10:49:47 AM »
I wonder how many will be late due to tennyson road being closed off & being diverted through town!?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 11:45:23 AM »
Enjoy ya beer and the gamevtoday Stan & Griss.  Wish I could join you and share one with you.  Sadly laid up Ill at the moment.

Here’s hoping for a home win and secondly a good performance

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 07:23:05 PM »
Thought we were poor today and lucky to get away with one, Pedro superb second half.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 07:25:33 PM »
Tough game today Griss. Jones will be a big loss. Lynn can't afford to drop points. I hope the fans come come out in force to support the team through this final critical part of the season.

Sorry I didn't make it today,work sometimes gets in the way,will you be up Tuesday? :scarf: :scarf:

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 08:19:05 PM »
Who trains Hitchin? Tom Daley

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 06:26:28 AM »

Sorry I didn't make it today,work sometimes gets in the way,will you be up Tuesday? :scarf: :scarf:
I'll be there mate. Don't worry we'll catch up one of these weeks.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 05:21:05 PM »
Thought we were poor today and lucky to get away with one, Pedro superb second half.

Same thoughts L1993, not sure if the weather played its part but Hitchin proved you could get the ball down at times but we didn't seem to want to play that way today, 3 points gained but not many other positives.  Heaven only knows what formation we reverted to, planned or otherwise, in the second half but can't hope to get away with the same level of performance tomorrow night. 

Lots of talk beforehand about Kerins but given he didn't even make the bench with Jones out for 3 games tells its own story, hopefully IC will have come up with a better plan than Fryatt at right back for tomorrow night - we are weaker in the middle and really can't see what he contributes at right back so a lose-lose scenario imo

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 06:01:40 AM »

Same thoughts L1993, not sure if the weather played its part but Hitchin proved you could get the ball down at times but we didn't seem to want to play that way today, 3 points gained but not many other positives.  Heaven only knows what formation we reverted to, planned or otherwise, in the second half but can't hope to get away with the same level of performance tomorrow night. 

Lots of talk beforehand about Kerins but given he didn't even make the bench with Jones out for 3 games tells its own story, hopefully IC will have come up with a better plan than Fryatt at right back for tomorrow night - we are weaker in the middle and really can't see what he contributes at right back so a lose-lose scenario imo
I don't agree. I thought Lynn were excellent for most of the first half, keeping the ball on the deck and raising questions about how Hitchin managed to beat Lynn so comfortably in the away fixture! Lynn created enough chances to have been out of sight by half-time but Hitchin's goal gave them hope and Lynn were definitely on the back foot in the second half and if your comments were based on that second 45 then I would probably agree with you.
In the absence of Jones, who would you play as a right wing-back? My preference is Richards but that does leave Lynn too light in the middle.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 09:15:55 AM »
No Stan, my views were on the whole game, thought 2-1 was a fair reflection of the first half and then thought we rode our luck second half to come away with all three points, which as people have repeatedly said on here is what matters at this point in the season.  As for right back, I would also go with Richards and then bring Parker into the starting 11, yes it is a bit of disruption but more positives than keeping Fryatt out wide in my view. 

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 11:08:40 AM »
We were superb for the first 15 and poor after that. Lucky to get away with a win. I would stick with Fryatt at RB