Author Topic: Lynn News article  (Read 456 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
Lynn News article
« on: March 24, 2019, 07:18:18 PM »
New Linnets signing willing to clock up the miles in an effort to drive the club to success

By Greg Plummer - greg.plummer@iliffepublishing.co.uk

To quote Shakespeare: "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The word 'greatness' might be a bit strong at such an early stage of his career, but King's Lynn Town's new arrival Ross Barrows did enough in the author's homeland on Saturday to suggest that he has a big future in a Linnets shirt.

Barrows enjoyed an impressive debut for the Linnets in the 2-0 win at Stratford with an assist and, more importantly, a clean sheet in what was a huge win in the context of the Southern League play-off race.

With a bit more luck, the 21-year-old could have marked his Lynn bow with a goal but it still wasn't a bad day at the office for the defender who was handed his first start after completing a move from Grantham Town on Friday evening.

Speaking after his debut, Barrows said: "I absolutely loved it and it was a great result to come away with the three points.

"It taken a while for me to finally get here and I've been keeping an eye on Lynn's results since I first knew they were interested in signing me.

"I played under the Gaffer at the start of the season, so I know what he expects and how he wants me to play, while the lads have been brilliant with me and very welcoming.

"Ian spoke to me before the game and told me that Gashy (Michael Gash) is a great target man. He told me that he was the out ball so I've clipped it in, he's flicked it on and it was a great finish for the goal.

"It was a great start. I don't know much about the players in this league, but i will keep working hard and challenging myself as much as I can."

The former S****horpe United defender says he was determined to link-up with former boss Culverhouse again - even if it meant clocking up extra miles.

Based at Sheffield, the ex-FC Halifax Town, North Ferriby United and Frickley full-back faces a round trip of about 200 miles just to make a home match at the Walks.

"I played at Halifax for four years and that took me about an hour-and-a-half just to get there what with the traffic," explained Barrows.

"If it means playing under a great manager where I'm going to develop and get even better, that's what I'm willing to do.

"That's part of the game unfortunately, but I jumped at the opportunity to play under Ian again.

"He's a great manager. He gets the best out of me and at the start of the season I was playing some of the best football I'd ever played under him.

"Ian wants his sides to get the ball down and play, which suits me perfectly, and my game is getting forward as much as I possibly can."

And on the prospect of making his home debut against Halesowen at The Walks on Saturday, Barrows said: "I can't wait. I came to watch the home game against Kettering after Christmas, it's a great place and a massive football club.

"The atmosphere in that game was brilliant and I'm excited about playing in front of crowds of 800.

"The club has got so much potential and there is a lot of ambition from the chairman and the management team to succeed."

Saturday was the opening page of a new chapter for the youngster and, on this evidence, there are plenty more to come.
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!