Author Topic: Ross Barrows  (Read 2664 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Ross Barrows
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2019, 10:04:51 AM »
Says he has signed only till end of the season so maybe a short term contract.  Maybe lessons are being learnt after what the seemingly error with the Jake Kerins signing.   Crazy if £300 of the first team budget is being played in the Reserves.  Makes the business rates on The George at Cley look value for money.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2019, 12:35:28 PM »
Maybe, depending on his work situation in Sheffield, Lynn could put him up in a nearby Hotel to mitigate the travel time/expenses ?

Any idea what young Barrows does for a job? What's his personal situation ref Partner and home?

Travel to Lynn is by far the biggest problem from "oop North". Getting to a lot of Away games that are Birmingham way is not a problem.

Welcome Ross Barrows.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2019, 12:55:37 PM »
Says he has signed only till end of the season so maybe a short term contract.  Maybe lessons are being learnt after what the seemingly error with the Jake Kerins signing.   Crazy if £300 of the first team budget is being played in the Reserves.  Makes the business rates on The George at Cley look value for money.
I agree Mallard: Culverhouse cocked up with Kerins.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2019, 01:19:28 PM »
And judging by the Chairmanís proggie notes from Tuesday he will be expecting the fans to fund these mistakes going forward.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2019, 01:40:50 PM »
And judging by the Chairmanís proggie notes from Tuesday he will be expecting the fans to find these mistakes going forward.
Maybe he should deduct it from Culverhouse's salary.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2019, 02:51:33 PM »
Good call Stan or maybe Culverhouse could deduct from the training bill from last season.

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2019, 02:57:04 PM »
why does IC need to do anything? In all walks of life you employ people and they don't work out or are not what you expected, crazy talk!!!!!!!  :banghead;

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2019, 04:11:47 PM »
why does IC need to do anything? In all walks of life you employ people and they don't work out or are not what you expected, crazy talk!!!!!!!  :banghead;
My comment was tongue in cheek Graham. I agree with you.

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2019, 04:13:46 PM »
Gotcha  :clap: you never know on here!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2019, 05:27:25 PM »
Graham old son it was all meant somewhat tongue in cheek.  Lighten up fellow.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2019, 06:08:04 PM »
And judging by the Chairmanís proggie notes from Tuesday he will be expecting the fans to fund these mistakes going forward.

I didn't see the programme,has anyone got it? :dontknow:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2019, 07:22:30 PM »
I agree Mallard: Culverhouse cocked up with Kerins.
Even Fergie made some duff signings in his time.Kerrins is still a young lad and from what I remember it was Backie who recommended him and his other signings have been excellent.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2019, 08:09:15 PM »
Spot on Long.  Mistakes happen when signing players. The trouble comes when those mistakes get costly when contracts are given.  Still have to think the Chairman is happy to keep sticking these players on Contracts.  So everyone is happy.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2019, 07:47:47 AM »
Spot on Long.  Mistakes happen when signing players. The trouble comes when those mistakes get costly when contracts are given.  Still have to think the Chairman is happy to keep sticking these players on Contracts.  So everyone is happy.

Talking of "duff" players and Jessop immediately springs to mind. Possibly the worst player I have seen in a Lynn shirt.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2019, 10:54:00 AM »
Wasn't he a speedway rider? :dirtbike: