Author Topic: Stratford 0 v Lynn 2  (Read 3973 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Stratford 0 v Lynn 2
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2019, 03:50:58 PM »
Out of 755 people who attended Tuesday night only 4 people went into the bar after the game,so that was a captive audience of 751, some who with a bit of effort could have been tempted into the bar,needs to be a welcoming place,not a drab dreary 80s throwback with expensive beer in plastic cups? Even some background music playing or something? :dontknow:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2019, 03:53:59 PM »
I am sure they would Stan if they had more faith in how and who is running the club, the team and manager are doing a very good job,I am behind the club but will  not return until I have some confidence my money would be well spent and not unclear where it is going, you only have to look at the clubs accounts to see we are heading for big bang two

It's a good job the other 700 odd a week who are behind the club don't follow these views

We don't get 700 a week,at one game there was less than 400? :dontknow:
The average home attendance is 693.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2019, 04:03:37 PM »
I am sure they would Stan if they had more faith in how and who is running the club, the team and manager are doing a very good job,I am behind the club but will  not return until I have some confidence my money would be well spent and not unclear where it is going, you only have to look at the clubs accounts to see we are heading for big bang two

I feel that you are not the only person to feel that way,doesn't help when you look at our owners chequered past? Yes he has put a lot of money in but I understand this is as a loan,no doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong? This is where we end up with a catch 22 position, do people go to the games and help pay off what is owed,or stay away and see the debt increase, which would increase the likelihood of the club folding again? Much as I enjoyed the closeness of playing teams in the UCL league I wouldn't want to see a return to that level? :bankrupt: :bankrupt: :dontknow:
I think you've hit the nail on the head here Griss:if you worry about the club going bust again and don't attend because you are not clear where your money is going then you are more likely to bring about the club's demise. It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy; it's also incredibly short sighted and self- interested to behave this way.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2019, 04:14:08 PM »

Correct. Down just over 11% on last season.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2019, 04:19:45 PM »

So that basically means 100 people less per home game,that is a massive loss for any team at our level? :dontknow:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2019, 04:23:08 PM »
"Down over 11%".......is that last season up to this point, or when compared to last season as a whole ? There were some big games at the end of last season, as there will potentially be this

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2019, 04:24:15 PM »

It's interesting that you are quick to jump on my factual statement yet you ignore the errors of others when those others present a case that is negative towards the club.
What's the trend of attendances over the past 4 years B & G?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2019, 04:32:37 PM »

It's interesting that you are quick to jump on my factual statement yet you ignore the errors of others when those others present a case that is negative towards the club.

the two previous seasons at this level were last season average 780,season before 544.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2019, 04:38:42 PM »

the two previous seasons at this level were last season average 780,season before 544
2015/16 - 488
2016/17 - 544
2017/18 - 780
2018/19 - 693 (to date)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2019, 04:59:33 PM »

the two previous seasons at this level were last season average 780,season before 544
2015/16 - 488
2016/17 - 544
2017/18 - 780
2018/19 - 693 (to date)

That would mean that to pull our average home gate up to last years levels the final three home games would need to average an attendance of 1300? :dontknow:

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2019, 05:01:42 PM »

So that basically means 100 people less per home game,that is a massive loss for any team at our level? :dontknow:
But 150 up on the year before which is a massive gain for a team at our level, and has helped fund the high quality squad that we have this year. But yes the club need more through the turnstiles. if supporters of King's Lynn want their team to progress then they need to do their bit by turning up in large numbers.
The club has made some errors for sure but which club hasn't?  The club has got far more right than wrong in recent seasons, certainly in terms of the playing side. Based on what I have seen, if there is money in the club then they will do their best to spend it on high quality footballers and a high quality manager in Culverhouse. So instead of cutting noses off to spite faces get behind the team that represents your town and turn up!

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2019, 05:02:27 PM »

2015/16 - 488
2016/17 - 544
2017/18 - 780
2018/19 - 693 (to date)

And its worth noting that there are two less regular season home games this year, with their associated revenues. (Weighed against the expense of two additional away games, and greater travel expenses in general last year)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2019, 05:08:03 PM »

2015/16 - 488
2016/17 - 544
2017/18 - 780
2018/19 - 693 (to date)

And its worth noting that there are two less regular season home games this year, with their associated revenues. (Weighed against the expense of two additional away games, and greater travel expenses in general last year)
There are numerous factors that make a simplistic comparison of one year to the next too crude to be of any value.
I went through this in fine detail on 31st December and it looks like I will have to go through it all again.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2019, 05:10:33 PM »
The start of the season will have put a lot of people off, the lure last season was we were superb all season instead of playing catch up to just get in the playoffs for 15 games. Ive never really understood the disappointment with the crowd, we are third in the league with the 3rd best attendance in the 3rd biggest catchment area in the league. Last year we had, Hereford to help that figure, Holt, Lappin signings and a raft a stellar signings at the start of the season. Yes we are a sleeping giant but I dont think you will see the gate improve considerably unless we had a really stellar cup run which meant people would get the taste again.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2019, 05:15:08 PM »

But 150 up on the year before which is a massive gain for a team at our level, and has helped fund the high quality squad that we have this year. But yes the club need more through the turnstiles. if supporters of King's Lynn want their team to progress then they need to do their bit by turning up in large numbers.
The club has made some errors for sure but which club hasn't?  The club has got far more right than wrong in recent seasons, certainly in terms of the playing side. Based on what I have seen, if there is money in the club then they will do their best to spend it on high quality footballers and a high quality manager in Culverhouse. So instead of cutting noses off to spite faces get behind the team that represents your town and turn up!

Very well put Stan,

Other factors to take into consideration.. General state of economy, them boys up the 47 doing well, number of away supporters.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't