Author Topic: Stratford 0 v Lynn 2  (Read 3969 times)

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
Re: Stratford 0 v Lynn 2
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2019, 05:18:33 PM »
The comment was about some missing fans to get behind the club ,my response was not when I don't know enough about where my potential 13 squids might be going with the club very much in debt and the person steering it has had a number of crashes so far ,I for one will not be returning until things are a bit more clear.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2019, 05:44:12 PM »
The comment was about some missing fans to get behind the club ,my response was not when I don't know enough about where my potential 13 squids might be going with the club very much in debt and the person steering it has had a number of crashes so far ,I for one will not be returning until things are a bit more clear.
"Very much in debt"
How do you know this?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2019, 06:37:26 PM »
"Very much in debt"
How do you know this?

I guess what S2S should have said was according to Companies House the club had a negative balance sheet of over £160K as at 31st May 2018 (up from just over £90K the previous year) so was effectively insolvent.  Presumably within the £191K creditors figure are some directors loans (or at worst intercompany loans from another one of SC's businesses) which means the club can continue to trade until such time as SC calls these in? 

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2019, 07:40:31 PM »
S t s I feel really sorry for you ,you are missing some great football

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2019, 07:49:54 PM »
Hill you make it sound like we should enjoy it while we can.?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2019, 08:11:33 PM »
"Very much in debt"
How do you know this?

I guess what S2S should have said was according to Companies House the club had a negative balance sheet of over £160K as at 31st May 2018 (up from just over £90K the previous year) so was effectively insolvent.  Presumably within the £191K creditors figure are some directors loans (or at worst intercompany loans from another one of SC's businesses) which means the club can continue to trade until such time as SC calls these in?
Ok Tony. Thanks for clarifying this. That is obviously a potentially very serious issue.
As I said before, fans staying away will only make things worse. Another 300 full ticket paying fans each week would bring in about £80,000 across the season. I'm not blaming stay away fans for the financial problems but I imagine the club has probably bought a playing squad with a certain attendance level in mind and that was clearly higher than the current average of 700 Some might argue and, as an ex- accountant, I would be one of them, that this was not a prudent thing to do.
You could argue,  as Cleeve did in his programme notes, that the town are not interested in playing beyond step 3, as this cannot apparently be funded from attendances of only 700.
The fans have a part to play in things too and staying away because you think the club might be in financial difficulty is bonkers in my eyes.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2019, 05:32:52 PM »
Mr Cleeve has his head in the clouds, which maybe soon heading for a downpour after reading some of his program notes I think he is trying to do a Ken Bates, like I said in my post the team and manager are doing fine its how the club is run that worries me.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2019, 08:36:51 PM »
Talk about cutting of your nose to spite your face itís all beyond me