Author Topic: Dear Mr Cleeve  (Read 3598 times)

birch95

• View Profile
Re: Dear Mr Cleeve
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 12:07:59 PM »
when are you lot happy :dontknow: another decent side, another promising season but yet again doom and gloom with general swipes at mr cleeve :banghead;

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 01:11:38 PM »
Why would he want trust in the club ,it’s the trusts sole intention to get their hands on the club ,it’s the trust that wanted fans to stay away in first place .....don’t trust the trust
From the man who said
"I have always believed never trust a liar and I wouldn't trust cleeve ,hope the trust on standby you got a chin mark 2"

Do you trust anyone?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 01:59:25 PM »
Years ago, I supported a Club that had an ex professional who was a fantastic Manager. He had put together a team that was a delight to watch, and we were having a very promising season.

Unfortunately something then happened, which could probably have been avoided if supporters were aware of the situation at the time, and action had been taken sooner.

The result was I and many others were left with no team to watch.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 02:07:37 PM »
when are you lot happy :dontknow: another decent side, another promising season but yet again doom and gloom with general swipes at mr cleeve :banghead;

All well and good providing we have a team to watch next season?  IC has done a great job taking over from from Backie and Fryatt, who pulled the team around from what looked like relegation prospects into challengers? Are we playing outside our means again?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 02:31:14 PM »
B&G. All the warnings signis were there and many were warning about it, while others buried their head in the sand.  Then were all up in arms about it when it all went tits up.

In the Championship we have the B’s (Bolton, Blackburn and Brum) all spending far more on players wages than they receive in income.

Wouldn’t it be good to have a full board of directors who ran the Club within its means?

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 02:53:20 PM »
.....others buried their head in the sand.  Then were all up in arms about it when it all went tits up.

Can't see that happening again Mallard, can you?   :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 03:07:32 PM »
Reading certain comments on here, I’m not sure people ever learn lessons from the past.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2019, 03:32:00 PM »
Unbelievable pessimistic dribble

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2019, 03:37:54 PM »
Unbelievable pessimistic dribble

So the club is solvent?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2019, 04:08:39 PM »
I have the same feeling about the trust they could do a lot more to help the club prosper instead of doing nothing ,I would like all involved in wanting the kings lynn football club to go forward to all pull together in the same direction .I do has much as I can to help I wish I could do more but at least I try if a few more did the same who could afford it  the club would be a lot healthier ,you can say what you like about about the Chairman but he does like his football and wants the club to move forward
Malcolm Hill, quote: "I have the same feeling about the trust they could do a lot more to help the club prosper instead of doing nothing,"

SC has said many time he does not want the help from the Trust. Too many strings attached to any Trust involvement. He has the FOTL.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2019, 05:09:09 PM »
Amazing how this forum can turn a superb week for the club into a week long debate across several threads about absolute rubbish. :comeon:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2019, 06:00:16 PM »
Amazing how this forum can turn a superb week for the club into a week long debate across several threads about absolute rubbish. :comeon:

Everyone has stated what a great thing is happening on the pitch, just some people are concerned about what is happening off the pitch?  :dontknow:

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2019, 08:43:56 PM »
Those that refer to this club as a "Sleeping Giant" are sadly, these days completely misguided. The club's fans have been divided, in terms of what they want for years. The genuine core fan base seems to be currently 750 max with another potential 700 or so who are happy to cherry pick and come to a play-off or a cup game.
A "Sleeping Giant" would currently be being cheered on by a couple of thousand at this stage of the season.
The only things currently consistent with the "Sleeping Giant" tag are the owner's money and ambition, the management and team and the ground. I hope SC is successful, because at this stage of the game if he fails, the only thing that will be left is the ground. A ground which is 80% empty almost all of the time. Without the owner's ambition, I can see crowds of 350-500 being the norm, which might support a struggling step 3 side or a top half step 4 side.At that level of interest from the town's population surely the Council could call time on the ground, negotiate a settlement with SC and suggest the club move to Lynnsport.
Having said all of this, I am a supporter of the Trust and the Trust model and would love to see supporters more involved...but where are they when needed ?
Wake up football fans who live in the town.....it's  possibly getting to a point of "use it or lose it...possibly for good"
Our average gate is better than 12 of the conferance South and I'm pretty sure the current squad is good enough to cut it a league up so let's not be all doom and gloom.There are clubs much smaller than ours that have played at a better level than us for a long time and if you have no ambition to progress then people lose interest.Not sure if I would attend if the height of our ambition was to remain in the Southern League.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2019, 09:18:17 PM »
I agree fully with that last sentence....there is no point in existing to tread water with no ambition for promotion. My post wasn't intended to be doom and gloom, but more a rallying cry for people to get to the ground at this crucial stage. Costs for Lynn are higher than many due to geographical location......surely these can be met to a greater degree by attendances.......what is the population of Lynn and the surrounds these days.......surely at least 1,000 can make it to the home games when the team are vying for promotion.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2019, 05:35:32 AM »
With regards to the dodgy looking balance sheet, if as Tony suggests, the main creditor is the chairman himself, then there is probably less to concern fans than if there are other creditors like the taxman etc. I'm not sure what the club's balance sheet assets are but I imagine it is mainly the goodwill that the chairman acquired when he bought the club from Buster. The way things appear at present then is that it would be madness for the chairman to initiate a liquidation as he would lose a fortune. The only way he would get his money back would be if the goodwill has increased since he took over - in accounting terms it probably has  - and he sells the club for more than he paid for it.
So, on reflection I think fans can rest easy as the probable worst case scenario is for the chairman to sell the club not dissolve it. It would be financial madness for the chairman to pull out now, unless someone offered him substantially more for the club than he paid for it.
It would help if the chairman would clarify this to allay fans' suspicions but the best thing that concerned fans can do to help the club is to turn up in vast numbers.