Author Topic: Dear Mr Cleeve  (Read 3601 times)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Mr Cleeve
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2019, 05:39:17 AM »
Cleeve has shown massive financial commitment to the club and it is a shame that so called Lynn supporters won't do the same by turning up each week.
If attendances rose to 1,000 this club would fly up to the National league.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2019, 07:30:23 AM »
Stan at what point does a businessman decide enough is enough and decides bankroll a business any further ?  The MO that he using clearly is not working.   We currently in the same league as when he took over and with a big hole in the balance sheet. As for a new ‘buyer’ come the end of this current FY he could be looking for 500k to recoup what he has paid out to buy and run this club.  With little to no assets in the Club that is a heck of a lot of goodwill. 

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2019, 08:10:35 AM »
All fair points Mallard but selling the club is a far better option than liquidation, wouldn't you agree?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2019, 08:32:01 AM »
100% Stan.  I just think the expectation level for the price might take some obtaining. Can’t see the EBITDA coming into play on any sale.
 Stan in truth I just wish the guy would swallow his pride or whatever he has a problem with and reach out to any ‘investors’ who could line his load.   The guy is not all bad and it’s clear he has a real passion for the club, and some decent ideas.  This club of ours has so much to offer.  Stan, do you see it working as a one man operation ? The trouble is the deeper in debt it gets the less options will be available

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2019, 08:46:27 AM »
100% Stan.  I just think the expectation level for the price might take some obtaining. Can’t see the EBITDA coming into play on any sale.
 Stan in truth I just wish the guy would swallow his pride or whatever he has a problem with and reach out to any ‘investors’ who could line his load.   The guy is not all bad and it’s clear he has a real passion for the club, and some decent ideas.  This club of ours has so much to offer.  Stan, do you see it working as a one man operation ? The trouble is the deeper in debt it gets the less options will be available
I'm with you all the way Mallard but this discussion started when a poster said he wouldn't come to watch Lynn because he feared that the club was heading for liquidation and Tony posted details of the latest Balance sheet. On reflection,  liquidation seems an unlikely outcome so I cannot see why fans would stay it away as this only makes matters worse. Yes Cleeve needs support but that support should also come from the fans by turning up in larger numbers than they do at present. The fans are out there.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2019, 08:53:43 AM »
Individual ‘investors’ and fan groups, for me would be the the way forward.  The 2 ‘supporters’ organisations and Stephen Cleeve have one big thing in common.  The well being of the club.  It is time for all to come together and find a way forward to make the thing work.  Factor in a few local business people, like yourself Stan to get onboard and the thing could work. 

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2019, 08:55:31 AM »
Many of the posts are critical of the lack of interest from local people not turning up to no longer watch Lynn, with the exception of a few juicy cup ties etc, the problem is this, everyone on this site does go to watch Lynn anyway, you should be aiming most of these comments at the local media, not just a dozen people on here. As for the trust , read their charter on the home page, are they sticking to it? I think not.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2019, 09:28:17 AM »
If an extra 300 turned up for each home game then that's £80,000 extra income per season. It wouldn't take long for that balance sheet to pick up and we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2019, 10:14:55 AM »
All we need for that to happen Stan is to have a half decent team with a nice blend of youth and experienced players, a decent manager who knows the game and has played at a high level, a nice playing surface to encourage good football for the fans to enjoy, a safe comfortable stadium with seating areas and cover from inclement weather, no other higher level football teams within 40 miles ....
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2019, 10:16:09 AM »
40% increase is a big overnight ask Stan

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2019, 10:33:23 AM »
You can't achieve this overnight Mallard

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2019, 10:53:47 AM »
All we need for that to happen Stan is to have a half decent team with a nice blend of youth and experienced players, a decent manager who knows the game and has played at a high level, a nice playing surface to encourage good football for the fans to enjoy, a safe comfortable stadium with seating areas and cover from inclement weather, no other higher level football teams within 40 miles ....
Irony noted Blue Moon.
I can't speak for others but I love watching Lynn on a Saturday. If you offered me a season ticket for any football league side or a season ticket for Lynn, I would take Lynn every time. I have a 60 mile round trip to home games but wouldn't miss it for anything.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2019, 10:57:14 AM »
With you there Stan.  Nothing beats The Walks on a Saturday afternoon or indeed a Tuesday night. 3 hour round trip for me these days so don’t get there as often as I would like.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2019, 12:23:35 PM »

Putting a stop to those you claim to support the club then don’t pay to get in should add a few K to the coffers Stan. 

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2019, 03:15:14 PM »

Putting a stop to those you claim to support the club then don’t pay to get in should add a few K to the coffers Stan.
???