Author Topic: Dear Mr Cleeve  (Read 3604 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Mr Cleeve
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2019, 03:16:39 PM »
Just the 11.6% down from last season returning would be a start?  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2019, 04:02:31 PM »
Just the 11.6% down from last season returning would be a start?  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
From what S2S has said, I wouldn't put money on it Griss. If his views are typical then it looks like some fans are prepared to sabotage their own club. The idea that people would deliberately choose a course of action that could end up causing damage to something they value defies belief.
Strange times we live in Griss!

JJF182

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2019, 04:33:10 PM »
From what S2S has said, I wouldn't put money on it Griss. If his views are typical then it looks like some fans are prepared to sabotage their own club. The idea that people would deliberately choose a course of action that could end up causing damage to something they value defies belief.
Strange times we live in Griss!

Perhaps some of us aren't sabotaging 'our' own club! I got fed up of increasing ticket prices and food and drink prices and found other things to do on a Saturday, now running my own team and that's my fix of football every week. Easily done.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2019, 08:56:48 PM »

Stephen Cleeve
‏ @StephenCleeve

Just finished my programme notes which cover the financial issues around the club so if you want to know the actual state of play buy a programme on Saturday #bringamateforthegate

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: Dear Mr Cleeveereere
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2019, 09:06:11 PM »
There you go go to the match and buy a programme and all your question will be answered ,and for all those people who are staying away for whatever the reason I really feel sorry for you you don’t no what you are missing

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2019, 10:09:39 PM »
I don't think the real state of financial affairs concerning the club are going to be found in the match day program?

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2019, 11:13:33 PM »
Quite possibly it will raise more questions than it answers but at least it is a kind of dialogue regarding the finances and that has to be a step forward of some kind given what happened to the old club.
I remember the days when the full accounts used to appear in the Lynn News and I believe Buster also published accounts and forecasts after his first year. It will be great if Mr Cleeve can do something similar.
All credit to Stan and this forum for making it happen.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2019, 12:22:34 PM »
There is always potential for unwanted worry or exuberance when you simply publish numbers.
In most cases you need an accountant to talk you through, be it healthy or unhealthy looking numbers.
I'm a business man and would never trust my own judgement on an a simple spread sheet.

I find it amusing when it comes to money we should or shouldn't spend.
Buster was lambasted for not investing in the team.
Cleeve is having a go. Guess what? He is getting stick from some quarters.

Unless we as supporters want to put real money up (THOUSANDS), we should enjoy the entertainment that those who have invested feel they can provide us.

In reality I would love to be going to the game for £10 not £13
Then again I would rather pay £13 than having to work continuously on fundraising events and still have to be paying into those fundraising events to raise money to operate the club. If we went down this route I would guess a few would be paying in time and money much much more.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2019, 04:13:19 PM »
Regardless of what you pay to get in unless you have a very rich owner then fundraising is always a must at our level. Irrespective of what is raised through different activities it is another way of trying to get some community involvement, which I feel is sadly lacking at the moment?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2019, 04:31:48 PM »
Tend to agree with that but always been that way.
The volunteer cycle changes regularly.
At different stages over 40 yrs I have helped the club one way or another. Not done anything for probably 20 yrs. Other than sponsor matches.
I have seen people come with great ideas and enthusiasm only to get bored or realise their way isn't as easy as they thought. Wherever you get a voluntary committee you get conflict also.
The Bobbins had some great volunteers. However...…………..
Its not all the current chairman's fault or his predecessor, its just churn.