Author Topic: Halesowen  (Read 2693 times)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Halesowen
« on: March 28, 2019, 04:38:21 PM »
On paper, this should be a home banker. Lynn are in form and Halesowen have the worst away record in the league, with only 1 win all season and that was against the team 1 place below them at the bottom of the table: Bedworth.
It will be interesting to see how Lynn accommodate the returning Jones and the, by all accounts, highly impressive Burrows. I'd be inclined to give Jarvo a rest and stick Jones in his place, leaving Burrows on the right.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: Halesowen
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 04:52:02 PM »
Barrows not Burrows.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 07:00:56 PM »
Stan my thoughts exactly Jones will do well in midfield

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 07:55:49 PM »
People keep saying Jones in and give Jarvis a rest but although I agree he has looked a bit jaded lately and a rest would be good I don't see Jones in Jarvis's class on the ball even though he is much quicker.Unless he is carrying a knock Culverhouse will not drop him as he has such an influence on the team.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 09:01:44 PM »
People keep saying Jones in and give Jarvis a rest but although I agree he has looked a bit jaded lately and a rest would be good I don't see Jones in Jarvis's class on the ball even though he is much quicker.Unless he is carrying a knock Culverhouse will not drop him as he has such an influence on the team.

I agree I also think now with the depth we have, if we have the luxury off taking our foot off the gas in games we need to be looking at resting Clunan, Gash and few others to keep them fresh.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 06:27:27 PM »
A comfortable win; an impressive attendance and Stourbridge drop points!
What's not to like?
Onwards and upwards!

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 06:41:54 PM »
Halesowen maybe the worst team at the walks this year, a comfortable victory. The final game of the season is looking very juicy.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 07:14:04 PM »
Make sure to get in quick if you wish to go on the bus,filling up fast. :bus:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 07:35:09 PM »
Cannot get to the Tamworth game how can I book a ticket before then

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 07:38:04 PM »
Cannot get to the Tamworth game how can I book a ticket before then

Contact Mark Mortimer on the facebook page. :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 07:45:07 PM »
Thanks much appreciated

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 08:03:38 PM »
Halesowen were lack lustre and did not seriously pose a threat even when getting in the box. No14 fell over at the slightest touch and got a FK only because he cried out. I'm surprised the Ref didn't book him for one pathetic crumple (couldn't even call it a dive). On the whole the Ref and his Lino's had a decent game - Ref let them flag for offences which is a rarity in this League.

We ran rings around them and out-classed them in all departments. Several players had a slippery time with the most obvious being Pedro who miss-hit two clearances that should have been punished but Halesowen were not quick enough off the mark to capitalise.

No one had a poor game but nothing really sparkled - it did not have to against a poor opposition.  None of the visitors stood out as a threat. We were spoilt for chances with players lining up to have a crack but side netting, posts and crossbar denied us.

After the 2nd goal went in I thought we slacked off and Halesowen had a Purple Patch but could not make any inroads.

Big BONUS - Stourbridge dropped 2points.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2019, 09:35:34 PM »
I could not agree more Mike it was a walk in the park for the lads, I thought the new lad had a decent first game at the Walks. I did think he wasn’t given the ball enough and he was playing as a winger most of the time but when he was needed he defended really well he is good addition to the team

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 01:36:59 PM »
Probably the most comfortable 3 points of the season, Halesowen showed why they are where they are in the league, poor from the outset and then things went against them with a soft penalty and having two lads go off injured before half time - hope the lad who took a nasty knock to the head is OK.  Liked the fact that Lynn tried to get it down and play and the 3-4-1-2 formation is a better use of the players we have, although Jarvis and Jones both would need more minutes in that new role to look fully comfortable and just wish Henderson would not drop so deep at times.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 04:44:54 PM »
Probably the most comfortable 3 points of the season, Halesowen showed why they are where they are in the league, poor from the outset and then things went against them with a soft penalty and having two lads go off injured before half time - hope the lad who took a nasty knock to the head is OK.  Liked the fact that Lynn tried to get it down and play and the 3-4-1-2 formation is a better use of the players we have, although Jarvis and Jones both would need more minutes in that new role to look fully comfortable and just wish Henderson would not drop so deep at times.
Brian Clough, when asked about formations, said that when your team have possession of the ball you are an attacker and when the opposition have the ball you are a defender.
Formation is indeed a flexible friend and may alter depending on how the opposition set up, whether the team are attacking or defending etc. At times in attack Lynn played 2:5:1:2 and possibly 3:4:1:2 but neither of these were their default formation which was the 442 diamond.