Author Topic: REALITY  (Read 9880 times)

Non League

• View Profile
Re: REALITY
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2019, 02:52:34 PM »
Hopefully they are able to get Norwich to come again for pre season. Didn't hurt Norwich last season, and hopefully with them being a Premier League side and getting the game on a Sat midday, rather then Friday evening could increase the attendance a lot more then it got last season. Maybe try and get P'Boro to come too next season because they always play a few local (ish) sides. If you could get those and say a combined attendance of at least 4k (ambitious, but may as well aim high) for the two, that'd be some valuable early doors money.

Summer, could be proactive and make a day of the Nations League final. Would be a gamble on needing England to reach the final for it to be worthwhile, but late evening game on a Sunday. Get a large screen down at the Walks, and go either two ways for the day. Make it a family inclusive activity day from 12pm - 10:30pm. Different things going on with the large screen showing the first game for casual viewers and activities finishing around 6, with the focus switching to the England game. Or don't go the family route and turn it into a big drinking event, ticket sales, pop up bars, food etc. Game being on Sky (I think) might be an issue, along with weather and England getting to the final/lateness to set it up if you are waiting till after the Semi Final. But just an idea for a potential cash income on a Sunday, where the cash would otherwise go to other places around town.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2019, 07:57:29 PM »

SC has ‘paid’ 140k for his season ticket. How much of those behind the scenes paid for theirs ? They claim to be true supporters of the club and carry out there various jobs for the love of it. So why do they get remunerated with free admission and catering ? The likes of the EDP, YLP Lynn News should all be encouraged to buy a couple of season tickets each.

There is just a few grand savings for next season.

Lots of sense in that post Mallard. So, if these match day volunteers, media guys etc, all declined Mr Cleeves generosity and paid to get in as the majority of other supporters are expected to, would you be prepared to buy a season ticket, even though you can't get to every game?

As you say, a few grand there straight away!
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2019, 08:12:36 PM »
If they showed thier support it would be hypocritical of me not to do that B&G.  In fact I’d buy 2, to encourage others to join me at my expense.  I assume a season ticket could be used in this way ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2019, 08:14:43 PM »

SC has ‘paid’ 140k for his season ticket. How much of those behind the scenes paid for theirs ? They claim to be true supporters of the club and carry out there various jobs for the love of it. So why do they get remunerated with free admission and catering ? The likes of the EDP, YLP Lynn News should all be encouraged to buy a couple of season tickets each.

There is just a few grand savings for next season.

Lots of sense in that post Mallard. So, if these match day volunteers, media guys etc, all declined Mr Cleeves generosity and paid to get in as the majority of other supporters are expected to, would you be prepared to buy a season ticket, even though you can't get to every game?

As you say, a few grand there straight away!

At Clubs where Trusts are involved, its quite normal for match day "volunteers" to pay for admission to the games.
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

wixy

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2019, 10:12:37 PM »
Unfortunately I am unable to attend many evening functions at the club now so do not know what the end of season presentations are like.
When I ran the supporters club we always had a guest speaker, a priors hog roast meal and a disco or group. The place was always full and really great atmosphere with quite a large amount of alcohol drunk.
The club was also the place for heavy metal groups to perform, as above great atmosphere. Never any trouble with the neighbors re noise. Could try again?

Lord Milsom

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2019, 11:49:47 PM »
Steady on Mallard, Don’t forget that Your Local Paper does in fact sponsor the all singing and all dancing under 18 side at the football club.

:birthday:
Few quick points.

If we gain promotion stick a couple of quid on the admission. That pulls an extra 8%.   Getting the Trust onboard could bring in an extra 60/70 people.  There’s another 14%.  SC has put a figure of -140k for this season.  How much of that is the pay-off on the mistakes with Clark, Beevors, Gaughran and now Kerins ?  That could be another 15% saving.

There is just a few grand savings for next season.  Loads more ideas.  Come on guys let’s here some strong ideas that Stephen could use.

How about a summer fun day in the ground ?  What would people like to see there.
Dinner nights with a guest speaker.  Been to a good few of these and they are always well suppported.

Ok, that’s enough from me for now.  Come on the likes of Stanand others lets hear from you.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2019, 06:12:46 AM »
Few quick points.

If we gain promotion stick a couple of quid on the admission. That pulls an extra 8%.   Getting the Trust onboard could bring in an extra 60/70 people.  There’s another 14%.  SC has put a figure of -140k for this season.  How much of that is the pay-off on the mistakes with Clark, Beevors, Gaughran and now Kerins ?  That could be another 15% saving.

There is just a few grand savings for next season.  Loads more ideas.  Come on guys let’s here some strong ideas that Stephen could use.

How about a summer fun day in the ground ?  What would people like to see there.
Dinner nights with a guest speaker.  Been to a good few of these and they are always well suppported.

Ok, that’s enough from me for now.  Come on the likes of Stanand others lets hear from you.
Hi Mallard.
As my original post "Dear Mr Cleeve" probably prompted last week's programme notes and this subsequent discussion thread, I don't. think you can suggest that I am backwards in coming forwards on such issues.
I am having a careful think about this, however, and will put in my two penneth worth in due course.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2019, 09:52:55 AM »
Charge the press to report on and publicise our games ??? Never heard anything so ridiculous , who 's gonna be charged next, stewards ? first aiders? ground staff?   If we don't get coverage in the press people moan then some want to charge them for the privilege of doing so. We've got to encourage these people, use them to promote the club and all the fantastic events that may come out of these upcoming discussions and meetings. :welcome: :scarf:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2019, 09:59:53 AM »
Charge the press to report on and publicise our games ??? Never heard anything so ridiculous , who 's gonna be charged next, stewards ? first aiders? ground staff?   If we don't get coverage in the press people moan then some want to charge them for the privilege of doing so. We've got to encourage these people, use them to promote the club and all the fantastic events that may come out of these upcoming discussions and meetings. :welcome: :scarf:

Well said. Imagine if the EDP (as an example) had to pay for admission to all of the sporting events that they cover. If they’re paying admission for Lynn but not for say Dereham, that could cause a backlash. In the current climate it wouldn’t be worth their while. The back pages of the local papers are probably the biggest platform of free advertising these clubs get!

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2019, 10:05:34 AM »
Few quick points.

Hi Mallard.
As my original post "Dear Mr Cleeve" probably prompted last week's programme notes and this subsequent discussion thread, I don't. think you can suggest that I am backwards in coming forwards on such issues.
I am having a careful think about this, however, and will put in my two penneth worth in due course.

:banghead; :farmer: Stan, so glad to have you on board, but can I just say that in no way did your previous post have any bearing on my decision to start this thread, I started the thread to try and put a bit of reality back into what we as supporters expect. We can all crow about this and that, but we must remember we are a quite well supported team who have performed well in general over the last two years , and promotion really must be our aim, but with this , we need bigger income and basically this is what the thread was started for, to allow people put forward their views without the infighting that very often happens on this forum. OPEN AND HONEST , yes please , INFIGHTING. no thanks.

I also think charging the press is not the route we need to tread, we need the press to report and publicise our club. Pictures in papers with sponsors boards in the background, are the reason companies pay money to the club.  :oldman"

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2019, 10:10:28 AM »
Purposely stayed away from posting on here but have to say Mallard, charging the local press to get in is a daft idea and agree totally with Blue Moon & Robbo.

Do you honestly think Chris Lakey, for example, would be at virtually every home game if the EDP has to pay? I'm sure Dereham or Wroxham or Norwich Utd would welcome him warmly at all there games. We get very good coverage in the EDP, Lynn News & YLP and we are lucky. I'm sure most non-league clubs would like that coverage.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2019, 10:30:44 AM »
For a non league club we are quite frankly spoilt with the media coverage we do get. I doubt there are many, if any non league clubs that can match our coverage.

Three local/regional newspapers. Regular full commentaries from Radio Norfolk. Again there are other clubs to choose from besides us when Norwich aren’t playing at the same time. Hospital Radio have also been doing match commentaries this season. Video coverage has dropped in the last few weeks which has also caused moans, but Daryl is also a volunteer providing a service on match days when he can, intended to be for the benefit of the fans.

Still a few warriors quick to moan if the match day coverage drops but still happy to pick up their tweets on the live feed for example. Maybe they should start charging the admins of the live feed for the service they are providing?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2019, 11:51:48 AM »
Ok, the EDP covers the whole of Norfolk and bits of Support but no harm in trying to tap them for support in some way.  As for the Lynn News and YLP.  Lord has stated that they offer sponsorship for the U18 and the Lynn New, I know in the past have been the headline sponsor of the first team. 

There is also nothing to stop the reporters from
The above two papers offering to buy season tickets to show thier support for the club, is there ? Robbo, I think you are the announcer (stand to be corrected) do you buy a season ticket or are you happy to be taking a few ( free admission) for your work?  That is not a dig at you just interested to hear your views on the subject.

Like the idea to charge for coverage. Everyone with an interest in the club should support it. 

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2019, 11:59:50 AM »
This has turned silly now.
Charging volunteers to help?
What next, players"pay-to- play? :laughcry:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2019, 12:01:55 PM »
This has turned silly now.
Charging volunteers to help?
What next, players"pay-to- play? :laughcry:

I actually think Mr Cleeve could afford to pay? :bankrupt: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”