Author Topic: REALITY  (Read 10433 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: REALITY
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2019, 05:15:10 PM »
Spot on Mallard, but still some good times

WLM, I suppose one or two of those names have been involved with the club over the years and there are plenty of reasonably sized businesses in West Norfolk but we just don't seem to have the right offering that brings in the commercial £££s, not that any sporting club has the 'right' to have big sponsorship revenue but something isn't right when we struggled attracting match sponsors (for less games than last year) and our shirt / main sponsors are unlikely to have been dealing in big bucks.  That said I do think Birch was right in raising the B word, lots of companies out there in 'wait and see' mode.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2019, 07:51:53 PM »

Big Companies are:

Mars
Bespak
Foster Refrigerator
Greenyard
Tesco
Sainsbury's
Sibelco (WWB Minerals as was)
Motor Groups (BMW/VW/Volvo etc - Marshalls?)
Wetherspoons (Globe and Whalebone)
Premier Inn
Stebbings
Omex
Adult Warehouse  :laughcry: :laughcry:
SKF Cooper (Cooper Roller Bearings as was)
Tulip

:oldman" How about the PALM PAPER WALKS !  :farmer:

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2019, 10:20:31 PM »
 Would any of those firms “invest” in a business owned by a person with the past track record of the incumbent owner?   I think not.  Most businesses carry out due diligence before entering into transactions of this nature (apparently with the exception of the Borough Council) when all would be revealed.  Let’s face it, the most recent business he is involved with is insolvent and it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if the football club goes the same way.   If he is struggling to make ends meet at our current level, then believe me, he will fail at a higher level unless he is prepared to put in further large sums.  Far, far larger than hitherto;  the costs involved will be at least 3 or 4 times what they are now, that’s without a contingency for those inevitable unexpected or unforeseen expenses.  The current owner has already clearly stated that he would not be prepared to dilute his ownership as he wants to own it 100%.  That is, of course, his prerogative if he wants to continue as a “one man band” so quite how he sees others getting financially involved is not too clear.   Maybe he has some “scheme” up his sleeve, after all, this is something he is quite adept at!!

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2019, 01:42:33 PM »
North wootton you are spot on, the team and manager very capable of going places ,the club under the present guidance am not to sure, even a one band can split  .

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2019, 11:21:29 AM »
 :oldman" Well guys,this thread has now run it's course,many issues and ideas raised, thanks for all joining in and a real reality check was had at Banbury on Saturday. All the best to kltfc for the rest of the season COYL.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2019, 07:31:46 PM »
Just to bring this thread back up again.

What do people think to the idea of a Blue & GOLD card.  Pay up front for say 15 games ( of your choice).  Add in some other benefits like:

1.  Discount on all food and drink purchased in the ground
2.  Entered into a draw for every home game where the winner gets a VIP day in the Directors box half time refreshments. Etc.
3. Maybe a Blue & GOLD clubroom for match days where all the members can meet before during and after the game with bar available

Anyone have any thoughts on this idea.  The price of the card can reflect all the add on’s.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2019, 09:29:05 PM »
Interesting post Mallard, even if I do say so yourself.
Obviously would have to fit in with SC's vision of things, but it could reach out to the community and encourage more to see it as their club and encourage more consistent attendance......perhaps it could be extended to a B &G family card.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2019, 10:59:20 PM »
Sort of like belonging to a social club,if you pay your memberships you get the benefits?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2019, 05:21:19 PM »

What do people think to the idea of a Blue & GOLD card.  Pay up front for say 15 games ( of your choice).  Add in some other benefits like:

2.  Entered into a draw for every home game where the winner gets a VIP day in the Directors box half time refreshments. Etc.
3. Maybe a Blue & GOLD clubroom for match days where all the members can meet before during and after the game with bar available

Anyone have any thoughts on this idea.  The price of the card can reflect all the add on’s.

:farmer: Well, this thread has reared its head again, I thought It was all debated , but I must say,
WHAT A GREAT IDEA, OBVIOUSLY CHARGE A BIT MORE FOR THE PRIVILEGES , BUT, DO NOT INFLATE THE PRICE TOO HIGH AND I COULD SEE THIS BEING A SUCCESS.  :oldman"

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2019, 09:51:57 AM »
Great idea Mall the club had a similar thing back in the day called the Vice Presidents club with pre match tea and coffee, program, was very well supported and well used.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2019, 11:36:34 AM »

How much 'over and above' the standard entry price x 15 would you expect this to be?  I thought the club did have something in place for 1. and given how full the bar is it hardly seems worth creating (and having to staff) another area for 3.  Sorry, not trying to knock ideas but lots of what has been put forward on this thread as a whole has been tried before in one shape or another.  Fundamentally the club 'should' be able to survive (and even thrive) on the gates and the fact that we are 'top end' in terms of entrance fees for our level, the fact that we are so far adrift partially points to some underlying problems with football finance in general and also some specific things with Lynn, which for me come back to a lack of common purpose between owner and fans, initially started under Buster who was very keen to kill off the fledgling Trust and SC has also chosen to go down the 'I know best' route for the majority of his tenure, hopefully that is now changing but lots of bridges have been burned in the meantime.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2019, 03:43:42 PM »
 :oldman" well guys and gals, the reality is that we win all our remaining league games and we finish second, home advantage and big crowds should help the club along our road to promotion. We lost the playoff final last season at home, but hopefully we will have quite a few players involved who played last season and have learnt lessons from the experience and will not want  a repeat of the feelings.  All ifs and buts l know, but we are definitely in a good place at this moment in time, beware STOURBRIDGE the super LINNETS are coming for you.  :oldman"

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2019, 03:47:10 PM »
:oldman" well guys and gals, the reality is that we win all our remaining league games and we finish second, home advantage and big crowds should help the club along our road to promotion. We lost the playoff final last season at home, but hopefully we will have quite a few players involved who played last season and have learnt lessons from the experience and will not want  a repeat of the feelings.  All ifs and buts l know, but we are definitely in a good place at this moment in time, beware STOURBRIDGE the super LINNETS are coming for you.  :oldman"
"Guys and gals." Oh dear!
 :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2019, 06:03:20 PM »
"Guys and gals." Oh dear!
 :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

:banghead; Oh dear Stan, women watch and indeed play football now. :red card:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2019, 08:07:56 PM »
Dazz I think Stan was referring to the pervert who had that catchphrase