Author Topic: St Neots  (Read 1601 times)

KES80

• View Profile
St Neots
« on: April 14, 2019, 01:20:41 PM »
Thinking that Lynn need to get the squad players more involved, as we may need them during the play offs and the odd 5/10 mins at the end of a game isn't enough for them to really bed in.
How about keeping the same defence, but including Limb and Hawkins ( if fit) along with Mellors Blair, Parker, Jones and maybe even Robinson as target man in the starting eleven. Radical I know, but if we are even or down a goal with 20 mins left in a play off, we need to have subs who are ready to make an impact and have a bit of confidence from some game time.
Thoughts guys ??

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: St Neots
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 12:22:17 PM »
Whatever happens in Play-Off's who could still be with us next season Step 3 or Step 2?

Obviously some players may not be deemed adequate at Step 2.

I would like to see the following retained whichever Step we are at:

Street, McAuley, Fryatt, Robinson, Barrows, FBT, Jones, Henderson, Richards, Marriott, Gash.

We have not seen enough of Mellors-Blair or Limb to make a case for either.

I think Jarvis may call it a day.

Are Parker or Hawkins in IC's plans?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 12:50:19 PM »
Clunan WLM ?  For me I’d let him go.

Think you are spot on with keeping the 11 thought not sure about Barrows, Jones is a better right back.

Parker, Hawkins, Limb and MB would all be let go. Jarv, I think the higher level may suit him. Depends on whether he wants it.

Is Jake Kerins contracted for next season or was he just given a 6 month deal ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 01:48:39 PM »
Be good to get a big contingent of Lynn fans going?  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Dave De-bono

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 08:32:35 PM »
Forcasting 22degrees C at St Notes on Sat and mainly unbroken sunshine

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 12:16:07 AM »
Hopefully a good turn out from Lynn,beer in the sunshine and break the St Neots scoreboard would be fantastic. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 09:05:13 AM »
Going for 2-1 to Lynn, scorers Limb and Mellors-B

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 09:46:54 AM »
Any Lynn victory will do.  I’m going for a ‘sunshine boys’ type of victory for The Linnets 5-1 With Gash amongst the goals

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 01:29:46 PM »
I think Lynn will be far too strong for St Neots and will win comfortably.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 01:31:08 PM »
It will be a tough game in the Easter sunshine and Lynn will do well to get a point.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 01:37:18 PM »
Ha ha...or ...it will be somewhere in the middle....a good opportunity to test the mettle of the squad players who will do just enough, despite a cold easterly and occasional hail showers

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2019, 02:07:57 PM »
4-1 Lynn, Bostock hat trick and an OG  :scarf: :scarf:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2019, 04:33:35 PM »
Ha ha...or ...it will be somewhere in the middle....a good opportunity to test the mettle of the squad players who will do just enough, despite a cold easterly and occasional hail showers
Always pays to hedge your bets.  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Dave De-bono

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 07:44:37 PM »
With Stourbridge (2nd) at home to Alverchurch (4th) on Good Friday it will add to the built up for Lynn fans listening in ahead of Lynn's short trip to St Notes.
If Stourbridge takes the points Lynn know that they will need 3 points at St Neots to keep up the pressure and give Lynn a 5 point gap between themselves and Alvechurch.
If Alverchurch takes the spoils, Lynn will head to St Neots now in 4th place and needing 3 points to go back to 3rd on level points with Stourbridge - ahead on GD.
If S & Alve ends in a draw, that could well be the ideal result, but whatever a win for us it has to be.  :scarf: :scarf:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2019, 08:07:57 PM »
Cue : Theme tune to "Allo Allo "
Are you all gathered round, good ......listen carefully I shall say this only once (more).
If this season shows us anything about our current team, it is that 7  straight wins are highly unlikely. Tamworth is one, Snots would be 2, Needham Market 3, Stourbridge 4.....plus 3 playoffs.
Last year showed that home adv in play offs isn't always so important.
I do hope the whole of Lynn doesn't get carried away with trying to overhaul Stourbridge, (which actually may not be that important) and then not have enough left  in the tank for the IMPORTANT 3 GAMES.
Cue accordian and end music