Author Topic: King's Lynn v Alvechurch Bank Holiday Monday  (Read 3560 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
King's Lynn v Alvechurch Bank Holiday Monday
« on: May 04, 2019, 05:39:49 PM »
After a thrilling game, King's Lynn managed a 3 - 1 win over Stratford and now entertain Alvechurch at The Walks on Bank Holiday Monday - 6th May 2019.

In the Northern Premier League Warrington came from behind to win 2 - 1. The winners of Monday's game travel to Warrington on Saturday 11th May for the Super Final and Promotion.

Lynn went behind in the 1st half in a game that was more Stratford's than ours. Both started evenly but Stratford bullied us and we showed too much respect and surrendered the midfield. Neither wings were used effectively but Stratford made the best of their chance on the break and scored.

In the 2nd half a different Lynn team soon started to play as we know they can and Ryan Hawkins thunderbolt from all of 25yards left to goalie rooted to the spot and all he could do was pick the ball out of the goal. Stratford were still dangerous and No9 was always ready to pounce. Stratford had the ball in the net twice but ruled out by a handball and offside. Then a penalty was blazed high and that rattled the visitors and Lynn scored twice more via Michael Clunan curling one in from outside the box and past an unsighted goalie. Rory McAuley then thumped a cross from the left with his head and it was game over. Stratford kept going but we defended in depth and saw the game safe.

Onwards and Upwards - I wonder how much Alvechurch had to work against Stourbridge to come back from a goal down? Fortress "The Walks" beckons!
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
Re: King's Lynn v Alvechurch Bank Holiday Monday
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 06:01:23 PM »
South Shields has a nice beach 🌴 Warrington has bugger all.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 06:25:51 PM »
Thoroughly looking forward to this, Averchurch signed a Striker from Hereford on loan who has been scoring for fun recently. Would have rather played Stourbridge but still feeling confident COYL

pasmith73

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 06:46:15 PM »
Why would the Super Final be at Warrington and not Lynn/Alvechurch?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 07:06:00 PM »
Because Warrington have a better points-per-game record than Lynn/Alvechurch

pasmith73

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 07:11:46 PM »
Because Warrington have a better points-per-game record than Lynn/Alvechurch

Thanks

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 12:54:45 AM »
So biggest game of the season now at the Walks,be great to get down there in massive numbers and hope for a continuation on from the second half today. Get down there and give the boys the final push they need to get them over this line. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 05:52:49 AM »
What team do people think we should go with?

I reckon almost the same as Saturday , but with a couple of changes: Jones for Jarvis who looked knackered by the end of the game, Parker for Richards who clearly got concussed and should have been taken off earlier. Id leave Hawkins on the bench as our impact sub.

Giving the team:
Street, Barrows, Fryatt, MacAuley, FBT, Clunan, Jones, Parker, Henderson, Gash, Marriot.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 06:17:13 AM »
I don't agree about Jarvis. I thought he had an excellent 2nd half and had a big hand in Lynn's 3rd goal. Culverhouse said he has injury concerns over Gash and McCauley.
Injuries aside, I would start with the same team that Lynn started with yesterday.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 07:27:14 AM »

I reckon almost the same as Saturday , but with a couple of changes: Jones for Jarvis who looked knackered by the end of the game, Parker for Richards who clearly got concussed and should have been taken off earlier. Id leave Hawkins on the bench as our impact sub.

Giving the team:
Street, Barrows, Fryatt, MacAuley, FBT, Clunan, Jones, Parker, Henderson, Gash, Marriot.
They all looked knackered at the end of the game.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 07:45:43 AM »

Giving the team:

More knackered than most then.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 08:06:18 AM »

Giving the team:

More knackered than most then.
Maybe, but thought Jarvis had a strong 2nd half.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 08:37:51 AM »
Gash is very much key to how we play, and has the ability to get us up the pitch.  We dont have anything in the squad to replace him.  So fingers crossed he is fit for Monday.

Gutted I had to miss yesterday.   What was crowd ?

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2019, 08:43:19 AM »
Agree  about Jarvis, I think he was excellent, I would rather have played Stourbridge as they play a more open game. Alvechurch I think were the best side we had seen on the Walks this season. We are also coming up to the time when players are performing for next seasons contracts. 2 or 3 at least will go. FBT going to Posh is a possible, he is a player we would miss, he has had a great season again.
But lets concentrate on Mondays match. 2-0 Lynn, att. 2000. 

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019, 08:55:38 AM »
Gash is very much key to how we play, and has the ability to get us up the pitch.  We dont have anything in the squad to replace him.  So fingers crossed he is fit for Monday.

Gutted I had to miss yesterday.   What was crowd ?
1250 ish