Author Topic: Alex Street and his 250.  (Read 3616 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Alex Street and his 250.
« on: February 24, 2016, 12:29:29 PM »
http://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/football/street-s-ahead-in-king-s-lynn-town-fc-play-off-push-1-7227168

Apparently, has kept 74 clean sheets in the 250 games (information supplied by Richard).

rod

• View Profile
Re: Alex Street and his 250.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 02:26:11 PM »
Still a youngster in goalkeeping terms and will IMO mature and improve with age - like a good wine!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 03:18:27 PM »
Could have been even More, as I seem to recall Danny Gay joined us and took his place.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 11:27:09 AM »
Almost one clean sheet every four games. Not a bad record considering our struggles for two years in the NPL.

I actually think the loan to Leiston probably benefitted him when Danny Gay came back. Let's not forget that while Gay was cup-tied Pedro played all the games in our FA Trophy run which resulted in us reaching the last 16 (our best ever run in the Trophy I believe) and knocking out several teams from higher divisions including then Conference side Telford.

He demonstrated his maturity by coming back to fight for his number 1 jersey and he can honestly say he's made it his own again. I agree wholeheartedly with Setch that he "makes saves that other keepers don't make". In my opinion he is the reason we didn't drop out of step 3 last season in what was otherwise a poor team, and can say he is "in credit" in terms of points saved to errors made.

Hope he remains in goal for us for many years to come.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 11:53:52 AM »
Quite simply the best signing Setch has made since the Club was reformed.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 12:25:44 PM »
Between Alex Street (24), Jordan Yong (25) and Ryan Fryatt (22) - our three longest serving players who have come up from the UCL with us, they have made a total of 680 appearances for the First Team. Easy to forget they are all still so young.

Sam Mulready is also fast approaching his 150th appearance - and he is still only 22.

Once again fantastic examples of 'local talent' that have achieved so much with us.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 12:31:40 PM »
I cannot disagree with that B&G, while some like to moan when he makes a mistake, even the very best keepers do, they are far outweighed by the saves he makes, they can be absolutely brilliant at times. Further to his credit he always has time for the reserve/U18 keepers who join in his workout when on the bench for the 1st time, top man. I cannot disagree with your post either Robbo great servants of the club, hopefully with the new set up we will get several more coming through. Exciting times.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 03:21:09 PM »
Given his relative youth and record to date, Pedro is already in my top four or five keepers in my many years of Linnet watching and as previously posted it is my belief that he will continue to improve with age.

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 08:16:49 PM »
As well as being a pleasant and approachable young man he gives some of his spare time to coach and mentor young players a credit to the club and the area.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 10:27:50 AM »
Well done Alex big milestone passed and more to come, also helps when you see young Luke waiting in the wings, i know you our helping him as well,  real credit to our club you are a top man.