Author Topic: Warrington V Lynn  (Read 3884 times)

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Warrington V Lynn
« on: May 10, 2019, 11:49:01 AM »
Well here we go, I'm glad we have radio coverage, unable to get a ticket, their press is saying its a sell out anyway.
I am going for a 2-1 Lynn win in extra time. We must take our chances as I think they have the best defence in the Non League step 3.
We can do this, lets remember early October and how things have changed. Come on Lynn! 

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Warrington V Lynn
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 12:46:01 PM »
Hope we go there with the intention of playing 'our' game.  They came and watched us in the playoff game so have had the advantage of seeing us 'in the flesh' but thought we played too long on Monday which IC said on Radio Norfolk after the game was the tactic after Alvechurch had closed us down so well in the previous league match, just can't see that working tomorrow as Gash unlikely to get as much success against what looks like a pretty tight defence.  That said, however good Warrington are at the back, I can't see that we won't create chances over 90 minutes but key for me going forward is FBT and Burrows and defensively whether Clunan, Richards and Jarvis can get the better of the middle of the park.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 06:14:22 AM »
Won’t be there today, but will be listening along to BBC Radio Norfolk. Hope those that are going can cheer the team on to victory.

If we play our  own game, we’re capable of beating anyone at this level.

Linnet1947

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 06:33:18 AM »
We have our tickets ! and we leave around 8 am. Staying overnight at Premier Inn in Warrington, only 1 mile from the ground ! This reminds me of so many great days in the past - Fisher, Merthyr, Bishops Stortford in the Cup etc. Can't wait ! I am sure we make some noise for the boys today - all 375 of us.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 11:40:38 PM »
Lynn dominated up to the first goal but with Warrington replying almost immediately that knocked Lynn off their stride and from then on the game just got scrappy.   2-2 at full time about fair.  Good chance each in extra time - great save by Pedro and then a cool finish by Gash, hopefully nothing will come of the aftermath of that goal, stupidity by small minority of both sets of fans with plenty of Lynn fans as well as the players pointing that out to them. 

Don't think any of the three sides we have played in this years playoff were anywhere near the standard of Kettering, Weymouth or Slough last year so think we need to be careful not to get too carried away with the victory this time round, enjoy it but realistically lots to do to be ready for Conference North in August.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 07:11:40 AM »
Lynn were the better side. Warrington, well-organised and hard-working, huffed and puffed whereas Lynn got the ball down and played.
After the play-off heartbreak last season their traumatic start to this season and the chaos of the play-off fixtures, this was some victory. Gash' s winning goal was a goal from a player who seemed to roll up his sleeves as he received the ball and said to himself, this bugger is going in the back of the net. You could almost see him grow in front of your eyes such was the absolute determination to score what was a brilliant winner.
I hope Culverhouse can keep the team together. The player most likely to move on is of course FBT, who looked classy again yesterday. The Warrington manager said he looked like a league player but why would any other player move on now?  Marriott is top class at step 3 but has not really succeeded beyond that. I can't see him leaving nor anyone else apart from possibly FBT.
Do we need strengthening? I think this current side are good enough for mid-table next season. Slough were no better than Lynn and they weren't far off a play-off place in National South.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 08:34:56 AM »
Let’s hope this season we don’t see any ‘key’ players leaving us.  Last summer we lost Lappin, Norman and King.

I can see the likes of Mellors-Blair, Robinson, Parker, Limb and Hawkins all on their way. Has Jarv got another season in him at a higher level ?  Will the travelling North next season cause issue’s with any other current players. Can see offers coming in for Marriott, 27 goals will certainly alert other clubs with bigger budgets than ours.

On the plus side I am sure there will be plenty of players itching too join Kings Lynn with a coach like Culverhouse on board.

Target next season ?  Love to see us top 10 at Christmas with the choices that brings.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 08:58:36 AM »
Let’s hope this season we don’t see any ‘key’ players leaving us.  Last summer we lost Lappin, Norman and King.

I can see the likes of Mellors-Blair, Robinson, Parker, Limb and Hawkins all on their way. Has Jarv got another season in him at a higher level ?  Will the travelling North next season cause issue’s with any other current players. Can see offers coming in for Marriott, 27 goals will certainly alert other clubs with bigger budgets than ours.

On the plus side I am sure there will be plenty of players itching too join Kings Lynn with a coach like Culverhouse on board.

Target next season ?  Love to see us top 10 at Christmas with the choices that brings.
Let's hope that your rumours about three players leaving stay as rumours Mallard. Players will always leave to better themselves and King and Norman were too good for step 3 or 2. FBT is too good for Step 3 but has he yet been tested at Step 2? Still, if a bigger club came in for him you can't blame him. My instinct is that Marriott will stay with Lynn. Boston came in for him last season, suggesting that he's not rated any more highly than a National League standard player and Lynn are now National League standard so why would he move?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 09:09:42 AM »
I think season on season all squads need a little freshen up.  2 of the players I have heard about leaving are very much bit part players.  So maybe wouldn’t cut it at step 2 anyway.

Nobody likes to lose quality players but losing Norman and King has turned out ok for us, as this season we have gone one better.

As always at Lynn think we are in for an interesting summer.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2019, 09:10:05 AM »
To be fair Mallard you didn't say that their were rumours of three key players leaving just 3 players including one high profile, who is surely FBT. It won't surprise anyone if some of the fringe players move on and indeed one or two players are coming towards the end of their playing careers but I can't see why anyone in the "key player" category apart from FBT is likely to move.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 09:22:42 AM »
That’s true to a point Stan, why would players want to leave after a successful season ? Some get rumours out there as a way to squeeze a few extra quid out of a Club. Others want to try and test themselves at a higher and maybe give it one last go.
 Rumours are just that.  Same way as rumours will start about players coming to us.

The one thing I feel sure about is with IC at the helm he will deliver a competitive team? Given the right backing. Hopefully next season will see the Commercisl side of the Club really click into gear. As SC has already stated he can’t do it all on his own.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2019, 09:31:14 AM »
That’s true to a point Stan, why would players want to leave after a successful season ? Some get rumours out there as a way to squeeze a few extra quid out of a Club. Others want to try and test themselves at a higher and maybe give it one last go.
 Rumours are just that.  Same way as rumours will start about players coming to us.

The one thing I feel sure about is with IC at the helm he will deliver a competitive team? Given the right backing. Hopefully next season will see the Commercisl side of the Club really click into gear. As SC has already stated he can’t do it all on his own.

The commercial side definitely needs to kick in,can't keep increasing matchday costs!
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 09:35:02 AM »
Griss, all Clubs that gain promotion up admission costs.  Think that’s perfectly acceptable.

I agree the Club needs to get its ass in gear re-generating extra revenue as a commercial enterprise.  Getting the b Clubhouse rocking would be a starting point and open on off match days.  How did  Live feed at the Club gonyesterday?  Hopefully plenty turned up for it

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 09:51:28 AM »
What Live Feed?

Radio Norfolk commentary was excellent but I was very disappointed that the usual On Line facility on this Trust website was not operating. Just Jesus posting on one of the Threads.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2019, 09:53:10 AM »
Did Warrington video the game?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.