Author Topic: Promotion!!!  (Read 11144 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Promotion!!!
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2019, 07:13:21 PM »
Either people are ‘voluenteers’ Or they receive remuneration ( in whatever shape that comes) Can’t have it both ways.  I’ve seen too many ‘freeloaders’ at Clubs in the past.  For me, if theses people are true supporters of the club then they would pay, like the rest of us. For example do the people doingbthr 50/50 pay admission ?

Don't forget the stewards and St Johns,why should they get in for nothing? :dontknow:

The Club has to pay for First Aid cover (a legal requirement) - St John Ambulance guys do not "get in free" it's their job and they are volunteers in uniform.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2019, 07:36:19 PM »
Oxford-blyth Spartans.....550 mile round trip, that puts this league into perspective and the enormity of the travelling for some supporters...... :worship:

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2019, 08:17:45 PM »
Either people are ‘voluenteers’ Or they receive remuneration ( in whatever shape that comes) Can’t have it both ways.  I’ve seen too many ‘freeloaders’ at Clubs in the past.  For me, if theses people are true supporters of the club then they would pay, like the rest of us. For example do the people doingbthr 50/50 pay admission ?
Where does that leave me? Offered to fit the glasswasher does that make me a volunteer or a freeloader

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2019, 08:30:51 PM »
Depends Mike.  If you had fitted it and been offered free admission, would you have accepted it or been happy to pay at the gate along with the rest of us?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2019, 09:40:54 PM »
Would a possible compromise be to bring back a grandstand charge?

£13 general admission
£15/16 for a seat.

Think it might need to be £14-£15 gen admission and £16/£17/£18 for a seat

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2019, 10:03:18 PM »
Would a possible compromise be to bring back a grandstand charge?

£13 general admission
£15/16 for a seat.

Think it might need to be £14-£15 gen admission and £16/£17/£18 for a seat

The issue with such pricing is, if we’re 12th to 18th, which is fairly likely in our first season, given Hereford’s performance, what will happen to our attendances with such prices? Hereford, (who have the history of being a bigger club than Lynn) saw their average attendance fall by nearly 8% from 2553 to 2353. With prices of £13 for standing, and £15 for seated, up from £10 and £11 last year.

Would we see an 8% fall, or back to the 500’s of a couple of years ago if the team struggle?

I’d also be happy to start paying £1/£2/£3 for under 16’s.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2019, 10:16:14 PM »
If Hereford suffered an 8% drop in numbers I would suggest this was more than compensated for by the 30 plus % rise in gate receipts

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2019, 11:35:12 PM »

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2019, 12:18:40 AM »

Don't forget the stewards and St Johns,why should they get in for nothing? :dontknow:

The Club has to pay for First Aid cover (a legal requirement) - St John Ambulance guys do not "get in free" it's their job and they are volunteers in uniform.

There may have been a hint of sarcasm there?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2019, 08:35:14 AM »
Depends Mike.  If you had fitted it and been offered free admission, would you have accepted it or been happy to pay at the gate along with the rest of us?
Would still pay at the gate

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2019, 08:58:31 AM »
Would still pay at the gate

:comeon:  :comeon:  :comeon:
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2019, 09:16:07 AM »

BBC Radio Norfolk

We’ll be celebrating @officialKLtown’s promotion in a special programme this evening from 8pm. @Phil_Daley will be hearing from @LocalNickBowler @kltfcmedia @Alex1Street @mikeclunan plus Ian Culverhouse @StephenCleeve and others.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2019, 11:44:25 AM »
Obviously Mr Cleeve will be sitting down and doing his sums, he will come up with a figure of what it will cost for next season, he will compare this to what it cost last season. The difference will be what he needs to raise, if he can pull the commercial side together + regular fundraising and increased use of the bar then there would be no need for a price increase? As has been mentioned on many platforms over the last few weeks, time for an open evening at the club, Mr Cleeve can put across what needs to be raised, and suggestions on how to raise some if not all of it? Run a few football cards etc during the evening and indeed a bucket collection can help, Stan could find a use for his buckets. Don't forget that every amount raised is useful, no matter how small, they all add up. P. S. Before anyone asks I am not asking to see the budget etc, just a figure to aim for. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2019, 11:54:31 AM »
With regards to ticket prices, they will be set according to the going rate for Step 2 football. I think it's a mistake to assume that fund-raising will reduce ticket prices or that if the commercial arm of the club did more to generate income that this would enable the club to charge a lower price. If the typical price of a Step 2 ticket is £15 then raising extra funds will not cause the price to go down.