Author Topic: Promotion!!!  (Read 11188 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Promotion!!!
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2019, 10:00:09 PM »
Hill itís all good money every little helps, as the little boy said as he Píed in the sea.

93.  Do you think the Chairman has some great plan thatís going to raise an extra 100-150k per season to make that happen ? If so donít you think he start make it a bit more public ?

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2019, 10:08:45 PM »
Hill itís all good money every little helps, as the little boy said as he Píed in the sea.

93.  Do you think the Chairman has some great plan thatís going to raise an extra 100-150k per season to make that happen ? If so donít you think he start make it a bit more public ?

No I donít, I highly doubt he thinks he can do that in a season aswell. If we could drop from 150k to 100k in a season that would surely be viewed as a success?  Decreasing it of 3/4 seasons I think is potentially viable.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2019, 10:43:31 PM »

No I donít, I highly doubt he thinks he can do that in a season aswell. If we could drop from 150k to 100k in a season that would surely be viewed as a success?  Decreasing it of 3/4 seasons I think is potentially viable.

Problem being that its likely to go in the opposite direction next season after last Saturdays result, IC was in the EDP talking up new signings - "we have got to add because that is a hell of a challenge we are going into, it is a massive step up for us" and travelling, etc is bound to increase so it would be a real surprise if SC can find a way to keep the annual deficit under control whilst also providing a competitive enough side to retain and hopefully increase attendances.

MAH, things like the "win bonus" are certainly more practical ways that fans can help financially, although you would have to wonder what the problem was last year if it only attracted a dozen from an average crowd of 700+.  The Friends do lots of good fund raising although I have previously said that I don't think they should sponsor matches / individual players as their funds go to the club anyway so they are either depriving the club of additional 'external' income or, more likely, papering over the cracks that exist on the commercial side of the club.  Does anyone know if the Friends have an AGM and if so when it is?

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2019, 12:14:04 PM »
Keep the price the same as this season, and all you people willing to pay more can.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2019, 12:30:05 PM »
Maybe the club should now look into getting solar panels installed,free electricity would I presume be a large bill out of the way,and as the club is not used 24/7 it would mean a substantial amount of power could be sold to the national grid? And how about istead of dumping all of the metal cans the club collects them and sell for scrap,not much money from there, but it is free money that is costing the club nothing,no outlay,also save some money on waste colection? I am sure that many people could come up with many other ideas? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

P.S. Fans could contribute to the can collections by bringing their own to a game,a way of donating to the club without any cost? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2019, 01:03:33 PM »
I know itís small change but the £5.00 a win that only 12 people joined did raised a godly amount of money what kind of money good be raised if there was 50 people in the group or even a 100  ,500 a win would be a significant amount of money and I am sure there must fans out there who could easily afford a fiver a win itís somthing to think on

Or maybe if everybody who thinks raising the entry price by £5 is a good idea just stick an extra fiver in the pot at every game that would help even more? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2019, 01:24:52 PM »
Maybe the club should now look into getting solar panels installed,free electricity would I presume be a large bill out of the way,and as the club is not used 24/7 it would mean a substantial amount of power could be sold to the national grid? And how about istead of dumping all of the metal cans the club collects them and sell for scrap,not much money from there, but it is free money that is costing the club nothing,no outlay,also save some money on waste colection? I am sure that many people could come up with many other ideas? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

P.S. Fans could contribute to the can collections by bringing their own to a game,a way of donating to the club without any cost? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Do Corona still give 10p back on returned bottles ?
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2019, 01:37:59 PM »

Do Corona still give 10p back on returned bottles ?

Don't think they ever did.

I thought it was 3d!
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2019, 01:45:22 PM »
What really irritates me is that most of the people who are happy for the price to go up are the ones that walk straight out of the ground at full time,and make no use of the facilities during the game? Maybe if more people  used the bar after a game less would be  needed on the entry price? :cheers:

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2019, 02:42:51 PM »
Grizz I drive 50 miles there and 50 miles home - Drink driving  get caught and its Criminal Offence  then I don't watch any lynn football, and Imagine I am not the only one who drives a considerable distance

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2019, 02:47:22 PM »
Griss for me I go to watch a game of football and hopecupon hope to be entertained after the game I have little to no interest in getting a pint. More for me driving the 90 mins home to get an evening meal.
It seems this bar and beer scenario is becoming an obsession with you.  I would suggest for some people a pint at game is not a necessity.  Maybe Iím alone on this ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2019, 02:49:57 PM »
Grizz I drive 50 miles there and 50 miles home - Drink driving  get caught and its Criminal Offence  then I don't watch any lynn football, and Imagine I am not the only one who drives a considerable distance

I can fully understand under those circumstances, I mean the ones who don't drive and just rush atraight off,many to other drinking establishments,maybe because drinks are cheaper there,but what they are saving on drinks is going on the admission price. :bankrupt:

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2019, 02:56:10 PM »
Griss for me I go to watch a game of football and hopecupon hope to be entertained after the game I have little to no interest in getting a pint. More for me driving the 90 mins home to get an evening meal.
It seems this bar and beer scenario is becoming an obsession with you.  I would suggest for some people a pint at game is not a necessity.  Maybe I’m alone on this ?
  well that's two of us mallard

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2019, 02:58:17 PM »
fair point Griss on the people who do go else where  I have stayed in the past when I was driven  and I use to watch The Sky football more than anything  over a pint of Shandy

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2019, 03:20:48 PM »
 Canít believe what Iím hearing;  who the hell is going to a game of football with a load of tin cans!!!!  In any event, the scrap value is very small.  Any more hair-brain schemes?   All this to avoid paying a reasonable admission price.  As said by others, the admission price will have to rise by a small amount of a fiver or so, any other fund raising schemes will be in addition to this, not in place of it.  Iím afraid it wonít be a voluntary contribution as everyone will need to pay the going rate so we can professionally finance the club rather than some airy fairy scheme that might or might not raise a few pounds which in the scale of finance required will, believe me,  be insignificant.