Author Topic: Promotion!!!  (Read 11155 times)

Paul47

• View Profile
Re: Promotion!!!
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2019, 04:09:19 PM »
Griss for me I go to watch a game of football and hopecupon hope to be entertained after the game I have little to no interest in getting a pint. More for me driving the 90 mins home to get an evening meal.
It seems this bar and beer scenario is becoming an obsession with you.  I would suggest for some people a pint at game is not a necessity.  Maybe Im alone on this ?

I'm with you on this Mallard. I can quite easily go to a football match without the necessity of a pint, or even a burger.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2019, 04:21:43 PM »
Griss for me I go to watch a game of football and hopecupon hope to be entertained after the game I have little to no interest in getting a pint. More for me driving the 90 mins home to get an evening meal.
It seems this bar and beer scenario is becoming an obsession with you.  I would suggest for some people a pint at game is not a necessity.  Maybe Im alone on this ?

I'm with you on this Mallard. I can quite easily go to a football match without the necessity of a pint, or even a burger.

Same here, takes me 50mins to get to games. Have no interest in having a drink.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2019, 04:22:55 PM »
Cant believe what Im hearing;  who the hell is going to a game of football with a load of tin cans!!!!  In any event, the scrap value is very small.  Any more hair-brain schemes?   All this to avoid paying a reasonable admission price.  As said by others, the admission price will have to rise by a small amount of a fiver or so, any other fund raising schemes will be in addition to this, not in place of it.  Im afraid it wont be a voluntary contribution as everyone will need to pay the going rate so we can professionally finance the club rather than some airy fairy scheme that might or might not raise a few pounds which in the scale of finance required will, believe me,  be insignificant.

Notice you didn't think solar panels was a harebrained scheme? Okay so scrap cans might not be a good idea, but it helped Blue Peter build a hospital!! Don't notice many suggestions from elsewhere? What would you suggest as a way to raise funds, apart from putting the admission up by a fiver? Nothing from anyone!!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2019, 04:59:44 PM »
 :scarf: Could we not run a car boot sale on a  Sunday morning through the summer, l know the pitch needs protecting but hard summer pitches could I'm sure take the weight of a normal family car. Just look at the amount of people drawn to the car boot on a Sunday morning at Knight's Hill, open the burger bar no caterers allowed ,all profits to KLTFC.  Consult with the groundsman as to when to stop these allowing time to get the pitch pristine before pre season. I know this will not be popular with some but just floating an idea.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2019, 05:07:54 PM »
:scarf: Could we not run a car boot sale on a  Sunday morning through the summer, l know the pitch needs protecting but hard summer pitches could I'm sure take the weight of a normal family car. Just look at the amount of people drawn to the car boot on a Sunday morning at Knight's Hill, open the burger bar no caterers allowed ,all profits to KLTFC.  Consult with the groundsman as to when to stop these allowing time to get the pitch pristine before pre season. I know this will not be popular with some but just floating an idea.

We used to have car boots a few years back, just used the car park at the walk end, we also now have the large concrete area outside the club?
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2019, 05:08:14 PM »

You wouldn't need to use the pitch.

Previously, been held in car park. Always used to be well attended.
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2019, 06:05:35 PM »

A car boot sale on the pitch. You'll give groundsman Steve Curtis palpitations. lol 

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2019, 06:07:21 PM »
It's good to help the club with fundraising ideas, of course. I don't have any fundraising ideas myself (cue tedious bucket "jokes") and wouldn't criticise anyone for coming up with an idea and carrying it out to help the club but it's attendances that are key.
An addition of 20 supporters a week could = 300 for every home game. What would a boot sale generate? I'm not saying that I have the answers when it comes to increasing attendances as It's clearly a complicated issue but that's the area that we need to give attention to.
But none of this, of course, will have any impact on ticket prices for the reasons already explained by several posters on here. I'm sure everyone will be on message about this by now.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2019, 06:26:27 PM »
Lots of little bits add up, do think  the trust raised 1000s all in one go?  :dontknow:

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2019, 06:42:47 PM »
These ideas need costing Griss. Perhaps the trust could create a fundraising action plan if they have expertise in this area but none of this will affect ticket prices. Ticket prices are set according to the market rate, currently between 15-17.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2019, 06:44:52 PM »
These ideas need costing Griss. Perhaps the trust could create a fundraising action plan if they have expertise in this area but none of this will affect ticket prices. Ticket prices are set according to the market rate, currently between 15-17.

Currently between 12 and 17! :banghead;

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2019, 06:49:03 PM »
 :banghead; ??
No need to be rude Griss!
How many National League North clubs allow full paying adults in for 12?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2019, 06:53:43 PM »
:banghead; ??
No need to be rude Griss!
How many National League North clubs allow full paying adults in for 12?

Up until promotion Chorley for one,and Boston only charge 13!

https://www.chorleyfc.com/admission-prices-18-19/

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2019, 07:09:06 PM »
But that's only 2 teams Griss. From what I've seen most charge more so I reckon you'll find that 15 is probably the norm.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2019, 07:52:35 PM »
It would seem as a consensus of opinion that we are happy with 15 plus. The Chairman ( who reads this), Im sure will make note.