Author Topic: Promotion!!!  (Read 11117 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Promotion!!!
« Reply #195 on: May 16, 2019, 11:01:17 AM »
It would seem as a consensus of opinion that we are happy with 15 plus. The Chairman ( who reads this), Im sure will make note.

Of course he will be happy, the more he makes on the gate the less effort he has to make in getting decent array of sponsors on board, can't do no worse than last year!! :bankrupt:
That isn't how ticket prices work. They are set according to market rates.
Thank God Lynn got promoted. Imagine how grim your posts would have been if they hadn't!

I would still be moaning about price rises!!

Since when have you not moaned about something Griss  :dontknow:  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2019, 11:11:47 AM »
Part of the Trusts fund raising involves the collection of old clothes and fabric. They've done it for years. I can't think of any reason why the Club should not be involved with such things.
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2019, 01:48:10 PM »
I would much rather pay a little bit more for admission.  At least this would bring in hard cash.  In my view instead of say, 18 it could be 20.  This would not only help with the playing budget but also help with the costs of the improvements necessary.  Successs has to be paid for, we should not expect it for nothing, wouldnt you agree Grissles?.  What other clubs charge is totally irrelevant.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2019, 04:58:39 PM »
I think a rise of two pounds for a higher league is fair, any more not to sure ,would come more often at 15 and 16 for a seat, any more maybe not.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2019, 08:43:10 PM »
 kltfc media‏ @kltfcmedia

Will be announcing general admission and season ticket prices for our @vanarama @TheNationalLge campaign within the next 48 hrs

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2019, 02:55:19 PM »
Cant believe what Im hearing;  who the hell is going to a game of football with a load of tin cans!!!!  In any event, the scrap value is very small.  Any more hair-brain schemes?   All this to avoid paying a reasonable admission price.  As said by others, the admission price will have to rise by a small amount of a fiver or so, any other fund raising schemes will be in addition to this, not in place of it.  Im afraid it wont be a voluntary contribution as everyone will need to pay the going rate so we can professionally finance the club rather than some airy fairy scheme that might or might not raise a few pounds which in the scale of finance required will, believe me,  be insignificant.

Notice you didn't think solar panels was a harebrained scheme? Okay so scrap cans might not be a good idea, but it helped Blue Peter build a hospital!! Don't notice many suggestions from elsewhere? What would you suggest as a way to raise funds, apart from putting the admission up by a fiver? Nothing from anyone!!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

around 30k of solar would get rid of the clubs daytime energy bills, for around the next 40yrs, maybe more. Can do 24/7 with a big enough battery system on top of it.

Collections banks are not only a great little income generator, they show environmental credentials and a little bit of community care.  What's not to like?

Make every day a Sun day.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2019, 06:19:08 PM »
Cant believe what Im hearing;  who the hell is going to a game of football with a load of tin cans!!!!  In any event, the scrap value is very small.  Any more hair-brain schemes?   All this to avoid paying a reasonable admission price.  As said by others, the admission price will have to rise by a small amount of a fiver or so, any other fund raising schemes will be in addition to this, not in place of it.  Im afraid it wont be a voluntary contribution as everyone will need to pay the going rate so we can professionally finance the club rather than some airy fairy scheme that might or might not raise a few pounds which in the scale of finance required will, believe me,  be insignificant.

Notice you didn't think solar panels was a harebrained scheme? Okay so scrap cans might not be a good idea, but it helped Blue Peter build a hospital!! Don't notice many suggestions from elsewhere? What would you suggest as a way to raise funds, apart from putting the admission up by a fiver? Nothing from anyone!!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

around 30k of solar would get rid of the clubs daytime energy bills, for around the next 40yrs, maybe more. Can do 24/7 with a big enough battery system on top of it.

Collections banks are not only a great little income generator, they show environmental credentials and a little bit of community care.  What's not to like?

:worship: :worship: :worship:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2019, 12:00:13 AM »
1. Would the roof structure take the weight or be suitable to take the solar panels ?
2. Is it "our" roof to be fixing things too ?
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 18, 2019, 08:28:55 AM »
1. Would the roof structure take the weight or be suitable to take the solar panels ?

As a way of saving/making money I believe it would be worthwhile enquiring,it would be an asset to the property? :dontknow:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 18, 2019, 08:44:24 AM »
In for a penny grissles....what a bout a wind farm :dontknow: :laughcry:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 18, 2019, 10:07:39 AM »
In for a penny grissles....what a bout a wind farm :dontknow: :laughcry:

On this Forum we could do Wind and Thermal there's so much Hot Air flowing.  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 18, 2019, 11:16:18 AM »
Notice nobody has touched on the subject of sponsors yet? Checking other teams websites they seem to have many sponsors,we have 5,two being the owner,another being the securtiy company that I believe doesn't pay for sponsorship? :dontknow:

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 18, 2019, 11:21:28 AM »

As a way of saving/making money I believe it would be worthwhile enquiring,it would be an asset to the property? :dontknow:

Agree Gris, it's well worth asking/ enquiring, it does make me wonder why no other clubs/ stadiums (to my knowledge) haven't done this before,maybe an insurance or health n safety issue against it
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 18, 2019, 11:50:59 AM »
Yes the roof is structurally sound for solar.
Yes plenty of other clubs have solar roofs.
Permission is required, both from the grid and legal owner of stadium.

Make every day a Sun day.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 18, 2019, 11:57:49 AM »
Whats all the Bill boards around the ground then Griss