Author Topic: Promotion!!!  (Read 11139 times)

Paul47

• View Profile
Re: Promotion!!!
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2019, 11:23:16 AM »
I would think we are going to need gates prices to increase to £15/£16, more commercial activity, real sponsorship, and fund raising, if we are going to survive and thrive at this level.

I'd agree with that.

National League North is a tough division (arguably the harder of the 2). We're going to need some better players and probably a bigger squad. Better players don't come cheap!

Also, factor in more travelling expenses which may include a couple of overnight stays it's not going to be cheap. And even current players who are staying may want more money (again travel).

Hopefully going up a league will help with sponsorship, and I'm expecting more travelling supporters to come to The Walks which again will help.

As others have mentioned, and talking to quite a few fans at Warrington, £15 or £16 seems to be what people are expecting to be pay next season.

I do agree about fundraising needing to increase - just need someone to offer/help organise something.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2019, 11:42:37 AM »
Unfortunately success brings increased costs.  To say that admission prices need not increase is living in cloud cuckoo land.  We will definitely need a substantial increase as well as much enhanced financial support and sponsorship.  I can’t see why there is such a reluctance of some to not pay a little more.  £18 would not be unreasonable.  After all, don’t we all want a successful club and I see no reason why fans should not contribute to the cost of that.

Why not go the whole hog, £5 for a pint,£5 for a burger,£4 for the programme, £3 for soft drinks and tea?   After all, don’t we all want a successful club and I see no reason why fans should not contribute to the cost of that. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2019, 11:56:38 AM »
Why not.  Unfortunately Griss, it’s not all about you and what you want to pay. You seem to convey that you know so much about finances and marketing, maybe Cleeve should put you in control of these!! 

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2019, 12:02:44 PM »
Why not.  Unfortunately Griss, it’s not all about you and what you want to pay. You seem to convey that you know so much about finances and marketing, maybe Cleeve should put you in control of these!!

I know about my finances, and of course it is not all about me!! Just you seem to be speaking for everybody else when you say £18 is acceptable?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2019, 12:22:56 PM »
With respect gentlemen,barely 48 hours has elapsed and we are on the negative side of implosion :dontknow: let things settle and give our chairman the benefit of doubt and see what he comes up with in the next few weeks :scarf:

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2019, 12:31:05 PM »
Face facts there will be an increase. However I think Mr Cleave can win some favor with fans by keeping this to a minimum. It cant go over £15. £18 just sounds a lot for the casual fan. Whilst some £18 isn't an issue, I would suspect to many that extra fiver a week is a lot of the weekly budget.

The club does need to reach out to sponsors and more of them. Would be good if a few sponsors approached the club and not wait to be asked.

Fundraising does need to be looked at. Raffles and quiz nights are not the real answer. It needs to be something with impact that also reaches out to sponsors, whilst raising the profile of the club in the community. Golf day (with players), Sports dinner or similar.

Finally, maybe there needs to be some imagination. I didn't travel on the coach on Saturday. Was anyone on either bus trying to sell merchandise? Just a simple example.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2019, 12:33:53 PM »
if we say 800 fans per home game even at £20 = £16000 -  a home game every 2 week therefore £8000 per week to run the club  say 16 players on £200 bet some are on more  = £3200 plus the manager trainers etc  floodlights training expenses rates and all the other bills  plus bar staff ticket office  I bet  we still make a loss and this is all propped up the chairman I think people need to have a think how much it actually  costs to run the club at our level.
Imagine if we got promoted to the football league what that would cost it doesn't bear thinking about  this is just my opinion

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2019, 12:39:34 PM »
Costs just don't stop.
Referee more expensive plus their additional travel costs
More turnstiles = more staff
Busier bar = more staff so no impact on profit
Wages will be up plus travel cost for them
Travel costs
plus, plus, plus

However, we got what we all wish for. We need everybody on board to keep us there and build for the next stage. With solid foundations.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2019, 12:40:29 PM »
I would think we are going to need gates prices to increase to £15/£16, more commercial activity, real sponsorship, and fund raising, if we are going to survive and thrive at this level.

I'd agree with that.

National League North is a tough division (arguably the harder of the 2). We're going to need some better players and probably a bigger squad. Better players don't come cheap!

Also, factor in more travelling expenses which may include a couple of overnight stays it's not going to be cheap. And even current players who are staying may want more money (again travel).

Hopefully going up a league will help with sponsorship, and I'm expecting more travelling supporters to come to The Walks which again will help.

As others have mentioned, and talking to quite a few fans at Warrington, £15 or £16 seems to be what people are expecting to be pay next season.

I do agree about fundraising needing to increase - just need someone to offer/help organise something.

I hope whoever gets involved in the fund raising side doesit for the love of the Club and not for the freebies that might be offered.

Next season we need to Everyman and his dog to get behind the club and follow the lead of the Chairman and put in not take out.  Really p’s me off to see people, who can more than  afford the admission taking handouts.  Time to have a look at yourself people.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2019, 12:46:52 PM »

I'd agree with that.

I hope whoever gets involved in the fund raising side doesit for the love of the Club and not for the freebies that might be offered.

Next season we need to Everyman and his dog to get behind the club and follow the lead of the Chairman and put in not take out.  Really p’s me off to see people, who can more than  afford the admission taking handouts.  Time to have a look at yourself people.

Must be me, but seems a bit of a random reply?

I don't have an issue if  someone works at the club on match days have a "freebie" as you put it. No non-league club would survive if it wasn't for match day volunteers!!

I know you have a personal issue with it for some reason. Never really worked out why though?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2019, 12:54:47 PM »
Either people are ‘voluenteers’ Or they receive remuneration ( in whatever shape that comes) Can’t have it both ways.  I’ve seen too many ‘freeloaders’ at Clubs in the past.  For me, if theses people are true supporters of the club then they would pay, like the rest of us. For example do the people doingbthr 50/50 pay admission ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2019, 12:57:04 PM »
Either people are ‘voluenteers’ Or they receive remuneration ( in whatever shape that comes) Can’t have it both ways.  I’ve seen too many ‘freeloaders’ at Clubs in the past.  For me, if theses people are true supporters of the club then they would pay, like the rest of us. For example do the people doingbthr 50/50 pay admission ?

Don't forget the stewards and St Johns,why should they get in for nothing? :dontknow:

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2019, 01:10:04 PM »
You will not get 800 at 20 quid a game.
We were not even close to that this season, despite playing great football and finishing 2nd in the league.
With the promotion, games are going to be a lot tougher.
Do you think 800 will turn up if we're struggling? Especially with a big price hike, the third in three seasons?

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2019, 01:22:36 PM »

Sorry, took me a few minutes to realise you’re actually serious.

I didn’t think anyone actually thought that. Oh well!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2019, 01:52:48 PM »
Looking around admission prices for the rest of the league the average price is around £13, Chorley who have gained promotion is £12 before going up? Good enough to get them promoted! :dontknow: