Author Topic: Promotion!!!  (Read 11702 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Promotion!!!
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2019, 06:43:18 PM »
Good call Linnet.  Think it would be an idea for SC to call a fans meeting to see what can be done to help the Club ( and him). 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2019, 06:58:46 PM »
Mallard unless your info is from the inside I don't believe any where near that amount has really been spent , and the nett spend is much less, however I have not been to many games since reform but would gladly pay 15 pounds to see the Linnets play the likes of York Boston etc, great achievement for the all at the club, just hope its not a one season wonder like the last time.

Sworn.... inside only what I have read on Companyís House and Stephen Cleeveís Programme notes saying the Club will lose even more money in the current trading year than the one he had been asked questions on.  Donít forget he had to pay Buster to buy the Club as well.

Blue_and_Gold

• Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2019, 07:20:33 PM »
Sworn, I wouldn't think Mallard is far out with his figure.
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2019, 07:26:10 PM »
Good call Linnet.  Think it would be an idea for SC to call a fans meeting to see what can be done to help the Club ( and him).

I have been saying that for months!!
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2019, 07:54:21 PM »
Now though Griss there is a clear picture of where we are at.  Plus of course the owners stock is at its highest level since he took over the club.  There is a massive buzz going on after yesterday and the time to strike and ask,  is now.

Perfect opportunity to really take advantage of the goodwill factor that has been generated by the 3 play-off games and fiasco attached to the Southern League play-offs where the Chairman really went to Town on behalf of the Club.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2019, 08:24:25 PM »
Now though Griss there is a clear picture of where we are at.  Plus of course the owners stock is at its highest level since he took over the club.  There is a massive buzz going on after yesterday and the time to strike and ask,  is now.

Perfect opportunity to really take advantage of the goodwill factor that has been generated by the 3 play-off games and fiasco attached to the Southern League play-offs where the Chairman really went to Town on behalf of the Club.

Needs to work out the difference in budget requirements between last season and the coming season,base it around the average attendance from last season. Once he has that figure he can then try and organise meetings to raise the difference,if he can do that then he won't need a price increase? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2019, 08:32:45 PM »
Trouble is Griss he didnít cover this seasonís expenditure with income.  So he is starting from a - position to kick off with.  So he must look for an increase.  If the Town wants a successful Club itís gonna cost.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2019, 08:37:22 PM »
Trouble is Griss he didnít cover this seasonís expenditure with income.  So he is starting from a - position to kick off with.  So he must look for an increase.  If the Town wants a successful Club itís gonna cost.

What you mean is that once again we will go into a season with probably the highest entry fee in the league and probably the most expensive understocked bar in the league,I can see this keeping the extra fans who attended the play offs!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2019, 08:44:43 PM »
Griss I donít see how you can say we will be the most expensive in the League, have any other clubs released prices yet ?  You quoted York in an earlier post in which they were charging £17 for one part of their ground and that was the season just gone.  They could be £18 next season.

As for the bar, I have no idea how you would attract match day drinkers to use The Walks.  Not my forte Iím afraid.  Sinking pints isnít part of my match day experience.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2019, 08:55:03 PM »
Easy fix Mall, make the prices more attractive,change the decor, get some football related things on the walls, talk with the people who used to pack the place out every game,and put some good offers on early in the day, make the place feel football!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2019, 09:04:07 PM »
Griss I donít see how you can say we will be the most expensive in the League, have any other clubs released prices yet ?  You quoted York in an earlier post in which they were charging £17 for one part of their ground and that was the season just gone.  They could be £18 next season.

As for the bar, I have no idea how you would attract match day drinkers to use The Walks.  Not my forte Iím afraid.  Sinking pints isnít part of my match day experience.

I also quoted the Boston prices £13 for the stands,and they average over 1000, we averaged just over 700,so if we pulled in another 300 then no price increase would be needed? :dontknow: You just know it won't happen!

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2019, 09:20:30 PM »

I also quoted the Boston prices £13 for the stands,and they average over 1000, we averaged just over 700,so if we pulled in another 300 then no price increase would be needed? :dontknow: You just know it won't happen!

If 1000 is the target, we should break down how itíll be made up.

From the Chapman days, itís probably safe to say that thereís a core of about 500 fans who will watch Lynn, week in, week out, come what may, who plan their weekends around the fixtures schedule.

Then at present, we have about 250 fans a week who might be termed more casual fans, probably not the same every week, come when the club is successful or thereís a buzz, donít when theyíve got something else on. Probably drawn from about 700 individuals, given play-off semi turn-out.

Thereís big game only fans, as evidenced by play-off final this year and last, but they are a harder market to tap into.

And away fans, given the size of some of the clubs, weíre lokely to average about 100 a game, rather than an average of about 20 this year.

500 core + 100 away = 400 left.

The club needs to find a way to encourage 400 casual fans a match, rather than 250, before making grand plans based on 1300, 1400 or more.

How to be achieved? Thatís a different matter.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2019, 09:29:16 PM »
Griss below is taken from the Boston Utd website.

The headline figures of the annual offer include adults being able to watch football for £9.52 on the terraces and £10.95 in the main stand ó instead of the respective £13 and £15 matchday admissions.

So it appears general admission to sit is £15.  So I still maintain £16 for us is a fair price.

Though for balance both Blyth Spartans and Oxford City both charged £12 this season

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2019, 09:41:24 PM »
Loughborough it might be interesting for the Club to do a bit of research into the age demographics of the fanbase.

I know down at Saddlebow and Speedway in general they have a fanbase which is very biased toward the elder generation not sure if Non League Football suffers the same issues.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2019, 09:51:12 PM »
In my opinion I think it will be £17or £18 next season  the expenses will be a lot more next season the referee and linesman will cost more as they will be a higher grade travel will be more  so I donít think we can run a club like ours at this seasons prices so we will just have to wait and see