Author Topic: Promotion!!!  (Read 11696 times)

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
Re: Promotion!!!
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2019, 01:57:26 PM »
Hi Jesus  that was just my point anything less than the £20 even at £18 that would decrease the income to  £14400 or £7200  per week and that is even more income to find via other things like  merchandise food etc
I personally think the club will be walking a  financial tight rope and we cant expect the chairman to keep putting money in even he hasn't a bottomless wallet 

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2019, 02:26:41 PM »
Chorley got promoted charging £12? :dontknow:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2019, 02:43:58 PM »
We aint chorley, and we aint going from £13 to £12 and in a higher standard football  :dontknow: :banghead;

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2019, 02:44:29 PM »
£12 may be   but 3 of there last four attendances were in excess of 3500 at £12 = £42000

there crowds are a lot bigger than us  so you cant compare

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2019, 02:57:50 PM »
I would just like to say, in the interests of balance, since there is already too much doom and gloom on here, that although there need to be some serious marketing initiatives and sponsorhips, I actually believe the squad (with two or three additions) will do well at step 2. I expect them to be top half, though scraping into the play offs is probably expecting too much and the club presumably wouldn't be ready for back to back promotions on many levels. However, Slough have managed something similar.( ie comfortably top half) in their first year back at step 2.
It's really important for Lynn to be competitive for the crowds to be at an improved level on the year just gone and with S C and IC at the helm I am sure they wiil be. That being the case, I can see crowds of 850-1,000 being the norm, with 1200-1500 when the larger clubs come to town. I would think around 750 Lynn fans and a minimum of 100 away support for the 'smaller' games.
Really important for Lynn to start well....bound to be decent sized home crowds for the first few home games and important yo keep the interest and momentum going.
Personally think £15 or £16 would be reasonable without hopefully being out if the reach of many. It is the town's club....really home the town embraces this special time in the club's history and supports it in every way it possibly can . Step 2, with a high calibre manager and a talented, confident squad......has there been a better time to be a Lynn supporter ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2019, 02:58:07 PM »
We aint chorley, and we aint going from £13 to £12 and in a higher standard football  :dontknow: :banghead;

Where did I even mention going to £12? I mentioned it nowhere and I was just pointing out that you can gain promotion without charging the earth! :banghead; :banghead;
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Blue_and_Gold

• Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2019, 03:26:02 PM »
has there been a better time to be a Lynn supporter ?

I suppose the answer to that one depends on how old you are!   :laughcry:

:scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2019, 03:49:48 PM »
Ha ha yes.......standing watching at Darlington in a brisk north easterly in February...I can see your point  B and G

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2019, 05:13:51 PM »
Would a possible compromise be to bring back a grandstand charge?

£13 general admission
£15/16 for a seat.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2019, 05:18:11 PM »
Lough I did suggest that about 3 pages back.  Seems a win win to suit all pockets.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2019, 05:34:35 PM »
Wouldn't be fair on those who have already purchased season ticket.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2019, 06:21:02 PM »
Wouldn't be fair on those who have already purchased season ticket.

Would be, as they paid this years prices, and £18(I think) for a reserved seat, so theyíre still up on the deal.

Apologies Mallard, I mustíve missed it.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2019, 07:03:51 PM »
Griss I donít see how you can say we will be the most expensive in the League, have any other clubs released prices yet ?  You quoted York in an earlier post in which they were charging £17 for one part of their ground and that was the season just gone.  They could be £18 next season.

As for the bar, I have no idea how you would attract match day drinkers to use The Walks.  Not my forte Iím afraid.  Sinking pints isnít part of my match day experience.

Bar, Bar, Bar - it's like a scratched, scratched, scratched record, record, record, record ..........  :watching: :watching: :watching:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2019, 07:07:27 PM »
£18 is a reasonable sum to pay and I canít understand why anyone would whinge at that. We will need a lot more income to survive in this league and you canít rely solely on sponsors and other fund raising. I realise some wonít or canít pay this but if we invest in a good team and do well, then I am confident we will attract more supporters. What other clubs charge has not been relevant hitherto and there is no reason why this should be in future.
I would not go at that price.
Not a chance.

Jesus, can I have the spot where you usually park your car?  :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2019, 07:08:54 PM »
£18 is a reasonable sum to pay and I canít understand why anyone would whinge at that. We will need a lot more income to survive in this league and you canít rely solely on sponsors and other fund raising. I realise some wonít or canít pay this but if we invest in a good team and do well, then I am confident we will attract more supporters. What other clubs charge has not been relevant hitherto and there is no reason why this should be in future.
I would not go at that price.
Not a chance.

Jesus, can I have the spot where you usually park your car?  :laughcry: :laughcry:
If you're disabled, you can.