Author Topic: GROUND GRADING REQUIREMENTS / GROUND DEVELOPMENT FUND  (Read 3088 times)

GROUND GRADING REQUIREMENTS / GROUND DEVELOPMENT FUND
« on: May 16, 2019, 08:59:56 AM »
I have been reading on the forum with interest the regular discussion regarding admission prices for next season.
Certainly there will be additional costs for being in a higher league and supporters will expect a competitive team which no doubt will equate to at least this year’s playing budget or higher, such is ambition.
However, the bigger potential problem is the spectre of 2009, ground grading. The Trust had the foresight to anticipate this and launched a Ground Development Fund for this scenario. For reasons not relevant to today this was not well received and again Trust detractors used it as another opportunity to question our motives.
After offering our assistance to Stephen earlier this week, he has confirmed he is " happy to work together " whilst confirming a list of work which needs to be completed,  much of which we advised Stephen of 17 months ago. Stephen states that this work has to be carried out” before the start of the new season”.
2 new turnstiles ( 4 if funds allowed )
Permanent segregation for away fans with access gates
Portaloo portacabin for segregated area
Refreshment for segregated area
2 additional seats to both dugouts
Increase the size of the press box
Various smaller issues
As at today there is just over £3000 in the Ground Development Fund most of which has been generated by the Trust in sourcing a large donation,  smaller individual donations and a fund raising event. Now is the time to get behind this Fund by making a donation or offering any assistance or funding ideas. Details on how to donate can be found by clicking on the thermometer on the homepage. We will have nobody to blame this time as this issue is now public, not like in 2009. 
I would also make it clear that the Trust will not use any of the money raised in its main reserve account as to do so would not achieve our aims and objectives which we have worked hard for over the last 9 years.
We will be assisting Stephen however we can and at the very least we already have £3000 towards the work required.

Phil Ellis
Chairman
The Blue & Gold supporters’ Trust

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: GROUND GRADING REQUIREMENTS / GROUND DEVELOPMENT FUND
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 09:11:48 AM »
How much money is needed to fund this work? This would clearly be supported by fundraising activities.
It's good to see the trust and club working together; long may this continue.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 09:16:16 AM »
Horray.  Stephen Cleeve and The Trust finally embracing each other for the common good.  Baby steps and all that.

This listing of works needed to be carried out in such a short space of time doesn’t seem insignificant. 
Is there a fixed costing and an actual plan in place ( ie where will the away fans be sighted?).  Let’s get some idea on the amount to be raised.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 09:22:55 AM »
Will the Borough council be approached to make a contribution toward bringing their asset up the specification required ? Are there other agencies that could be approached for grants, or will this be too long winded and maybe should have been submitted before ?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 09:26:15 AM »
Trust and club now working together is such a significant step in the right direction. How did the trust raise that £60,000 that is in reserve? Can't we just try and repeat those fundraising actions, whatever they may have been?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 09:35:38 AM »
Will the Borough council be approached to make a contribution toward bringing their asset up the specification required ? Are there other agencies that could be approached for grants, or will this be too long winded and maybe should have been submitted before ?
I imagine that's already being investigated. The club will know what's on offer in that regard.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 09:41:41 AM »
It’s all a bit p1551ng the wind, right now Stan. Are we talking 10k ? 20k? More ?

Maybe the monies raised by the FOTL could be diverted to this immediate requirement ?  I’m sure they will want to be involved.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 01:07:36 PM »
Apparently we need up to two more turnstiles (Visitors Access?)

http://www.turnstile.uk.com/secondhand-reconditioned-turnstiles.html
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 01:09:04 PM »
What about a Linnets' Lottery?
You pay £1-2 per week via direct debit. 1,000 people over a year would generate between £50,000- £100,000 per annum.
Monthly pay out of ??? £1,000? The club makes between £38,000 and £88,000 each year. Maybe you could reduce the size of the monthly payout and offer some ticket concession deal to incentivise existing or potentially new supporters. Get some volunteers to knock on doors selling the lottery. I would help with this. Thoughts?

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 01:17:44 PM »
What about a Linnets' Lottery?
You pay £1-2 per week via direct debit. 1,000 people over a year would generate between £50,000- £100,000 per annum.
Monthly pay out of ??? £1,000? The club makes between £38,000 and £88,000 each year. Maybe you could reduce the size of the monthly payout and offer some ticket concession deal to incentivise existing or potentially new supporters. Get some volunteers to knock on doors selling the lottery. I would help with this. Thoughts?

Friends of the Linnets
25 March ·
Fancy winning £75 or £25 every month?
Join the 100 club, costs just £2 a month with all profits going to FOTL funds which ultimately help support the football club.
There are 6 draws left for this year, so just £12 gives you the chance to win!
If interested please see Barry Fysh who will be available in the cafe before Wednesday’s reserve game against Downham & Saturday’s game against Halesowen

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 01:20:50 PM »
I wonder how much that raises Jesus? With the help of volunteers could we get it out into the community to generate greater income?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 02:00:31 PM »
Like the idea Stan, I’d sure sign up for a few of those.  Maybe the Club could put an inexpensive added value item into the mix.  As in a ‘Golden Ticket’?  Little bit of VIP treatment. Costs sod all but has a high value content to the consumer.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2019, 11:57:38 PM »
It’s a great idea you can also get grants from the F A for ground improvements I know this has I was involved in getting a grant for £120000 of the F A for ground improvements

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2019, 12:09:09 AM »
I may be wrong but I am sure I heard somewhere that Kettering have until March next year to get work done? So why have we been told the start of the season? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”