Author Topic: Admission prices 2019-20  (Read 7694 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Admission prices 2019-20
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2019, 07:48:28 PM »
Linnets chairman Stephen Cleeve said: "Firstly, it goes without saying that I am truly delighted for Frazer on securing this move into league football with a great club like Peterborough United.

"I must also thank Peterborough United for their handling of the situation and I am pleased to confirm that King's Lynn Town have been looked upon very favourably financially in the deal that has been agreed.

I would much rather see the money from this sale spent on the team than reducing admission costs.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2019, 08:53:11 PM »
Taking money at a bar is completely different to making money at a bar, just ask the ex landlords of the 18 pubs that are closing each week in the uk. I totally agree that a good bar adds to match day atmosphere but selling a hundred or so pints of beer on a Saturday afternoon will generate very little if any profit by time staff costs etc are taken into consideration. I just don't understand the infatuation by some people on here about beer. There's more PROFIT to be made in tea,coffee and food.  :cheers:

If you have a successful bar on a match day it can be busy from start to finish, all of the away grounds I visited last season all he busy bars, all with bar staff run off their feet? I think you will find that even with the very limited choice at our bar and the dragon surroundings and atmosphere more than 100 pints are sold? Why do you think the Lord Napier bends over backwards for Lynn fans on a Saturday afternoon? Do you think they make no profit, how much better would it be if that profit went to the club instead of the Napier?  :dontknow:
I've been to a few away games and I haven't seen that many bars that are run of their feet. Rushden seemed busy but it was a pokey little bar. A busy bar with atmosphere is nice and might pull a bit of money in but not critical to a club's finances. The best way for a club to make money is to charge a fair price for tickets and get decent attendances. The new ticket prices are clearly seen as fair by about 99% of the fans who use this forum. It remains to be seen what the attendances will be next season but ticket price increases haven't had a negative impact on attendances thus far so no reason to think there will be any drop off next season.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2019, 09:36:50 PM »
If the team starts positively then the numbers will be there Stan. If its a poor start then they might slip to 500/600

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2019, 09:43:19 PM »
If the team starts positively then the numbers will be there Stan. If its a poor start then they might slip to 500/600

Agree with this in terms of Lynn fans, however a lot of teams will bring decent sized travelling contingents.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2019, 09:55:13 PM »
Taking money at a bar is completely different to making money at a bar, just ask the ex landlords of the 18 pubs that are closing each week in the uk. I totally agree that a good bar adds to match day atmosphere but selling a hundred or so pints of beer on a Saturday afternoon will generate very little if any profit by time staff costs etc are taken into consideration. I just don't understand the infatuation by some people on here about beer. There's more PROFIT to be made in tea,coffee and food.  :cheers:

If you have a successful bar on a match day it can be busy from start to finish, all of the away grounds I visited last season all he busy bars, all with bar staff run off their feet? I think you will find that even with the very limited choice at our bar and the dragon surroundings and atmosphere more than 100 pints are sold? Why do you think the Lord Napier bends over backwards for Lynn fans on a Saturday afternoon? Do you think they make no profit, how much better would it be if that profit went to the club instead of the Napier?  :dontknow:
I've been to a few away games and I haven't seen that many bars that are run of their feet. Rushden seemed busy but it was a pokey little bar. A busy bar with atmosphere is nice and might pull a bit of money in but not critical to a club's finances. The best way for a club to make money is to charge a fair price for tickets and get decent attendances. The new ticket prices are clearly seen as fair by about 99% of the fans who use this forum. It remains to be seen what the attendances will be next season but ticket price increases haven't had a negative impact on attendances thus far so no reason to think there will be any drop off next season.

Don't need a decent bar now Stan, gate receipts and a pocket full of wonga in Mr Cleeve's pocket, instant success, Kerching.  :cup2:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2019, 10:03:23 PM »
Team should do well and so crowds will be there...the likes of York City, Chester, Darlington, Hereford should provide enough interest for crowds to be well up on last year.

There is an additional cost to the bar that hasn't been mentioned and that's the policing and stewarding of potential unruly behaviour. Instead of 50 or so away fans , on regular occasions there could be 100-250. Lynn fans don't have an unblemished record themselves .
Think I would be looking to improve the food, hot drinks, soups and  and light drinks and yes improve the atmosphere, maybe have soccer on the Tv...my stance would be, that if people want to drink alcohol they can go to the pub after the match and talk over the game. For the vast majority of the season I am wanting something warm to eat and drink to be honest.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2019, 10:23:14 PM »
Mr Cleeve will probably appreciate someone recommending fans drink elsewhere?  :cheers:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2019, 05:01:11 AM »

Don't need a decent bar now Stan, gate receipts and a pocket full of wonga in Mr Cleeve's pocket, instant success, Kerching.  :cup2:
The money goes into the pockets of the players not the chairman and I don't begrudge them a penny of it. The club isn't a cash cow that Cleeve will milk dry! He's already put in shed loads of his own money. Yes, I am sure that in the long term he will hope for some sort of return but I am convinced that his main motive for taking on project KLTFC is the buzz of making great things happen.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2019, 07:52:04 AM »
Whats the saying... In football the best way  to make a small fortune is is to start of with a large one.

Im pleased SC is getting a lump sum from Peterborough for FBT. Gives him a good head start for next season.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2019, 09:03:49 AM »
I bought my Concession Season Ticket for 2019/20 before end of Season for 220.

I take it that it is still valid?

Mr Cleeve posted on Twitter that if you brought a Season Ticket before the Super Play-Off Final price would be the same as last year and would be valid for the coming Season..Hope that helps.

Keep The Faith  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Thanks but does it include entrance to the stand?

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2019, 12:27:57 PM »
Whats the saying... In football the best way  to make a small fortune is is to start of with a large one.

Im pleased SC is getting a lump sum from Peterborough for FBT. Gives him a good head start for next season.

A good head start for funding the ground grading improvements.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2019, 12:45:01 PM »
As already said, hopefully not as grants are available from the FA for a large proportion of the work.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2019, 01:00:47 PM »
And don't forget the trust ground improvement fund, still time to donate?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2019, 07:40:36 PM »

The money goes into the pockets of the players not the chairman and I don't begrudge them a penny of it. The club isn't a cash cow that Cleeve will milk dry! He's already put in shed loads of his own money. Yes, I am sure that in the long term he will hope for some sort of return but I am convinced that his main motive for taking on project KLTFC is the buzz of making great things happen.

I didn't actually mean straight into his pocket so he could have a couple of weeks all paid in the Maldives or something, it will all be thrown intothe pot so to speak!! We don't know what we got but even if we got 30 or so grand just how far would that stretch if no tangible income was there to back it up? It is all great to think we have x amount of money but it won't last so fundraising has to be an issue,not that anyone cares!! :bankrupt:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2019, 08:31:03 PM »
Lets hope the money isnt spent before we get it.  All very quiet on the FBT front.  Has it happened or not ?