Author Topic: Admission prices 2019-20  (Read 7666 times)

Paul47

• View Profile
Re: Admission prices 2019-20
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2019, 06:14:11 PM »
Why say why a trust ru.
Paul it’s excellant that the people you talk take nothing for their time and pay the admission charge the same as the rest of us.   Now if only everyone could be persuaded to do the same.

I know certain people who have helped run the Reserves and not only have they paid to watch but also donated monies to keep the thing running.

All credit to them.

In Trust run Clubs, everyone pays including the Chairperson. All for the common good. In it together and all that.

You make out all volunteers should pay. I certainly don’t think they should.

Personally see no relevance in how trust run clubs operate as we aren’t one.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 06:29:44 PM »
Nothing about the reserves. Does a season ticket give free admission for reserve and youth games as it did last season or is that not included?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2019, 06:31:04 PM »
Nothing about the reserves. Does a season ticket give free admission for reserve games or is that not included?

Will we have a reserves team, :dontknow:

GYP

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 06:46:37 PM »
About where many of us expected it to be pitched. 

Looks like those that can’t afford it should apply to join the ‘Backroom
Staff’. Who will be getting even greater reward for the efforts.

What is it with you and the volunteers. I don’t see you down the club in your spare time helping out. So what if they get in free - most are volunteering whilst the game is on. Are you telling me you expect people like Zoe who sells the tickets, cooks and other various jobs at the club that she should also pay an entrance fee? Get real and if you have such a problem perhaps approach these so called ‘backroom staff’  and tell them to their face how you feel about them getting in free.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2019, 07:06:48 PM »
Prices seems about right, seating for a extra £2 seems rather unfair tho.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2019, 07:25:57 PM »
About where many of us expected it to be pitched. 

Looks like those that can’t afford it should apply to join the ‘Backroom
Staff’. Who will be getting even greater reward for the efforts.

What is it with you and the volunteers. I don’t see you down the club in your spare time helping out. So what if they get in free - most are volunteering whilst the game is on. Are you telling me you expect people like Zoe who sells the tickets, cooks and other various jobs at the club that she should also pay an entrance fee? Get real and if you have such a problem perhaps approach these so called ‘backroom staff’  and tell them to their face how you feel about them getting in free.

Spot on GYP. Well said

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2019, 07:38:25 PM »
Very fair pricing structure.  Thought it might have been higher so good on Cleeve.  Maybe he’s relying on Gris pulling his finger out and getting some of his fund raising schemes up and running.  I’m really looking forward to the tin can collection, that should be a real winner.  It’ll be interesting to see what Cleeve does with all the money Gris has said it will bring.  Supposedly “a nice little earner”, little being the operative word.

Seems like you have a problem with me? Maybe because you live in North Wootton and place yourself above oiks like me? As  regards to the beer cans raising money, Of course I know it would not raise much,but it would raise much more than any other suggestions so far! So once again we move up a league and instantly become the most expensive club to attend!! :glum: :glum:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2019, 07:59:02 PM »
Paul you don’t like my post ? Simple don’t read them my man.  It’s not difficult.

All about fans supporting the Club and for the moment Stephen Cleeve

Mallard, ya gotta read it to find out ya don't like it. Pop your head above the parapet (post on a thread) and ya gotta expect to be shot at.

I may not like your post but, sure as hell I will defend your right to post it.

By the way - BANG.                   :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2019, 08:03:22 PM »
I bought my Concession Season Ticket for 2019/20 before end of Season for £220.

I take it that it is still valid?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Westlandallstar

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2019, 08:51:03 PM »
Mallard Why slate all the people who give up time to help the club run. It's people like you who constantly moans about them that makes them not want to do it. They should be rewarded for all the effort they put in!

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2019, 10:43:32 PM »
Why on earth would I have a problem with you Gris.  I couldn’t care less who you are or what you do and I only comment on what you post on here.  Where I live is irrelevant. You’re always moaning about costs and it’s about time you gave it a rest.  If you don’t like it then no one is compelling you to spend on something you think overpriced.  Some people like you might well cease their support, that’s to be expected, but if the club does well, then in my view the gate will increase.  Success costs money and unless supporters pay for it then we are going nowhere. Relying solely on sponsors and hair-brained ill thought-out fund raising schemes is for fantasists.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2019, 11:04:29 PM »
Why on earth would I have a problem with you Gris.  I couldn’t care less who you are or what you do and I only comment on what you post on here.  Where I live is irrelevant. You’re always moaning about costs and it’s about time you gave it a rest.  If you don’t like it then no one is compelling you to spend on something you think overpriced.  Some people like you might well cease their support, that’s to be expected, but if the club does well, then in my view the gate will increase.  Success costs money and unless supporters pay for it then we are going nowhere. Relying solely on sponsors and hair-brained ill thought-out fund raising schemes is for fantasists.

Please enlighten as to which fund raising schemes you find hare brained and ill thought out?As has been pointed out solar power could be a way forward,and the beer cans maybe could have been a little tongue in cheek,but even that would raise more than any other suggestion we have seen? See the if you don't like it don't go mentality still exists,it has already killed off the bar and increased sales at the Napier,and I notice you said if the club goes well? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2019, 11:27:28 PM »
Gris, just because yours are the only suggestions it doesn’t make them viable or acceptable.  Anyone can come up with glib suggestions which in my view is exactly what you appear to have done. I might be wrong, you might well have detailed plans, costings, viability and feasibility studies all prepared together with projected revenue returns so you can present this to Cleeve for him to consider. I wonder how you classify the “mentality” reference in your post.  It is not a state of mentality it is a matter of fact. No one is insisting or forcing you spend your money in any particular way, the choice is yours. Moaning about admission charges or the cost of drinks and food within the ground is not getting you anywhere and whatever you say or do is not going to change it.  Just give it a rest.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2019, 11:34:12 PM »
Gris, just because yours are the only suggestions it doesn’t make them viable or acceptable.  Anyone can come up with glib suggestions which in my view is exactly what you appear to have done. I might be wrong, you might well have detailed plans, costings, viability and feasibility studies all prepared together with projected revenue returns so you can present this to Cleeve for him to consider. I wonder how you classify the “mentality” reference in your post.  It is not a state of mentality it is a matter of fact. No one is insisting or forcing you spend your money in any particular way, the choice is yours. Moaning about admission charges or the cost of drinks and food within the ground is not getting you anywhere and whatever you say or do is not going to change it.  Just give it a rest.

I think you will find on a different thread that some figures had been quoted for solar panels,and it was by someone in the business?

And no I won't give it a rest. :watching: :watching: :watching:

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2019, 03:19:53 AM »
Anybody unhappy with the increases has little thought for the chairman who is putting his hand in his pocket week in week out to provide us a good entertaining squad