Author Topic: Admission prices 2019-20  (Read 6453 times)

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
Re: Admission prices 2019-20
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2019, 03:38:49 PM »
For Clarity. The season ticket covers 21 first team  league games and ALL home  league fixtures for the clubs other sides.

Cup fixtures will be ALL PAY as usual ( Inc Norfolk Senior Cup).

I understand there is no League Cup competition.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2019, 07:50:57 PM »
So does the season ticket not get you free entry to the reserves and youth games this season? If I have an afternoon at the football with the family just getting through the gate will cost me an extra £30! :bankrupt:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2019, 08:33:13 PM »
So does the season ticket not get you free entry to the reserves and youth games this season? If I have an afternoon at the football with the family just getting through the gate will cost me an extra £30! :bankrupt:
According to the post above you Griss yes it does get you in to ressies and U18s, women also presumably for free.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2019, 10:35:41 AM »
Can’t believe the food and drink make much of the substantial sum the club need to acquire.  Sponsorship and competitions are easily the main answers.  The food thing always amazes me - have a burger at home before you come, if you want one...

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2019, 11:44:48 AM »
Can’t believe the food and drink make much of the substantial sum the club need to acquire.  Sponsorship and competitions are easily the main answers.  The food thing always amazes me - have a burger at home before you come, if you want one...

A well used bar on a match day would actually bring in quite a healthy sum of money,been to some away games and there have been up to 5 staff behind the bar. At the Stourbridge game the bar was full troughout the game,and they were serving from a shed as well. :cheers:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2019, 12:08:18 PM »
Taking money at a bar is completely different to making money at a bar, just ask the ex landlords of the 18 pubs that are closing each week in the uk. I totally agree that a good bar adds to match day atmosphere but selling a hundred or so pints of beer on a Saturday afternoon will generate very little if any profit by time staff costs etc are taken into consideration. I just don't understand the infatuation by some people on here about beer. There's more PROFIT to be made in tea,coffee and food.  :cheers:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Blue_and_Gold

• Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2019, 12:48:31 PM »
There's more PROFIT to be made in tea,coffee and food.  :cheers:

................unless you are Jamie Oliver!
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2019, 01:06:08 PM »
Taking money at a bar is completely different to making money at a bar, just ask the ex landlords of the 18 pubs that are closing each week in the uk. I totally agree that a good bar adds to match day atmosphere but selling a hundred or so pints of beer on a Saturday afternoon will generate very little if any profit by time staff costs etc are taken into consideration. I just don't understand the infatuation by some people on here about beer. There's more PROFIT to be made in tea,coffee and food.  :cheers:

Costings for refreshments are what they are. The issue is with getting them at half time. The cafe could really use a third til, and if you were hankering for a pie or a sausage roll much after 2:30, you’re normally out of luck.

There’s certainly potential to better maximise sales (and therefore profits). Won’t address all the issues. But an extra £500 a match is £10,500 by the end of the season. Would help fill some (small) holes in the budget.

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2019, 01:22:27 PM »
Is this all a little  hasty? Carried away by the promotion success etc , why is the club making these announcements so soon? Surely they would have needed more time to review the likely squad structure, and what that will cost prior to this. It is almost certain they have only just got back to the ground after the wonderful occasion in Warrington and much number crunching remains incomplete. Positive , it may be, but the message is wrong, and a concern.

I actually think the opposite -

I think it's good that the club have announced the prices so soon after the end of the season as it stops speculation and gives people ample time to buy a S/T or set their budgets accordingly.

I also don't think announcing them is "hasty" as I guess that over the last few weeks, when the prospect of promotion became a realistic achievement, that discussions/decisions were being had/made and the decision of £15 is quite reasonable.........and certainly A LOT more reasonable than the £18 price which was being mentioned by a few

pc627

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2019, 05:59:00 PM »
Admission prices spot on, should bring in extra supporters.
Refreshments basically are non existant compared to other clubs.
As I have mentioned before, the bar needs a complete make over to attract supporters in there, turn the TVs on.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2019, 07:20:28 PM »

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2019, 07:29:56 PM »

If you have a successful bar on a match day it can be busy from start to finish, all of the away grounds I visited last season all he busy bars, all with bar staff run off their feet? I think you will find that even with the very limited choice at our bar and the dragon surroundings and atmosphere more than 100 pints are sold? Why do you think the Lord Napier bends over backwards for Lynn fans on a Saturday afternoon? Do you think they make no profit, how much better would it be if that profit went to the club instead of the Napier?  :dontknow: