Author Topic: Next season's squad ?  (Read 17516 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Next season's squad ?
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2019, 05:46:45 PM »
Report suggests a budding centre half

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2019, 05:51:17 PM »
Left sided central defender.    I wonder if he was the signing that SC suggested would be coming in this week?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2019, 05:55:34 PM »
Might be wrong but thought the quote was something like a couple of signings coming in this week AND we will be looking atthe loan market carefully (?)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2019, 05:58:24 PM »
Maybe he didn't suit Culverhouse's plans, despite his apparent playing credentials. Perhaps he has family in the south!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2019, 06:02:00 PM »
Possibly, born in Bedford and signed from Luton

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2019, 06:08:44 PM »
KES. Maybe SC was being over optimistic in suggesting signings would be in this week.  Not about when we get the 5 plus signings in more about the quality of those coming in.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2019, 06:10:19 PM »
Just seems weird that he is dropping to (presumably) part-time football at step 2 of non-league.  I can't imagine Eastbourne are full time so training will be limited to a couple of nights a week so what is the lad going to be doing for the rest of the week?  As I said earlier, if he was at Lynn he could still be involved with some training at Norwich.  I can't see Culverhouse being too sniffy, centre half is certainly one area where we need to strengthen for next season although I would accept that the midfield and full back(s) are perhaps more pressing but personally I don't think the central pairing is capable of making the step up.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2019, 06:14:58 PM »
Taylor Parr was a central defender I thought the club was very keen on last season.  Not sure who he joined from St Neots.

Maybe the lad Jones will train with Norwich and then travel down to Eastbourne for match days etc.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2019, 06:18:20 PM »
Just seems weird that he is dropping to (presumably) part-time football at step 2 of non-league.  I can't imagine Eastbourne are full time so training will be limited to a couple of nights a week so what is the lad going to be doing for the rest of the week?  As I said earlier, if he was at Lynn he could still be involved with some training at Norwich.  I can't see Culverhouse being too sniffy, centre half is certainly one area where we need to strengthen for next season although I would accept that the midfield and full back(s) are perhaps more pressing but personally I don't think the central pairing is capable of making the step up.
McCauley has played step 2 before. I think the centre back pairing are fine Tony.  They've had a strong season together. We obviously need a left sided defender and a bit more grunt in the middle  but if Culverhouse keeps the centre back pairing as it is then he will be confident that they can do the job

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2019, 06:25:58 PM »
McCauley has played National League.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2019, 06:27:57 PM »
Stan, game of opinions... individually I think both McAuley and Fryatt had good seasons, I just don't think collectively they are that solid and I think the step up will leave that more exposed.  If we do go with the same starters then I think we will need a hell of a midfield to protect them.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2019, 06:37:52 PM »
Personally, I think this Lynn squad will surprise a lot of people next season, 5 quality signings needed (one as replacement For FBT, one tough tackling, ball winning no nonsense hard chap in defensive midfield, one replacement centre half,as cover, one replacement forward, as cover and a utility squad man.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2019, 06:55:09 PM »
McAuley played at National League North in a team that was relegated from this level.  Think both are good enough but for sure we need back up for McAuley and Fryatt.  Might be suggested they could pick up a few bookings between them next season.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2019, 07:06:31 PM »
McCauley played for Dartford and Chelmsford in the National League before Lowestoft.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2019, 07:08:32 PM »
Stan, just saying his last term at this level ended in relegation.  Think the lad will more than hold his own at this level.