Author Topic: Next season's squad ?  (Read 18003 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Next season's squad ?
« on: May 19, 2019, 08:47:28 AM »
 :bus: I know the season has only just finished and we are also not 100% sure what league we are going to be playing in next season, but I am sure Mr Cleeve and Mr Culverhouse have started planning the playing squad for next season. I just thought I would throw it out there as too who people thought we should retain and who we should possibly release. To me Marriott, Gash, and FBT ( if possible) are the 3 most important players to retain, I also hope Henderson stays, Ryan Fryatt is a very important cog, McCauley, I would also retain, Alex Street, on his day as good as any, but does have bad days,retain him but another good keeper could probably push him. Just a few of my thoughts over to you. :cup2: :farmer:

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
Re: Next season's squad ?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 09:20:28 AM »
Alex Street is number one in every respect, his heart beats KLFC and not a bad keeper either, change about 5/6 of the squad not the team and we will do ok in a very tough league, keep out of bottom six and would be a good season.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 09:55:52 AM »
Alex Street is number one in every respect, his heart beats KLFC and not a bad keeper either, change about 5/6 of the squad not the team and we will do ok in a very tough league, keep out of bottom six and would be a good season.

:oldman" Can't argue with that not saying he is a bad keeper and he does bleed blue and gold, but he does make some blunders, but also produces some excellent stops, I wouldn't get rid of him, just feel he needs challenging for the position, hopefully with Bastock in the background Alex will thrive even more.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 10:04:15 AM »
Excellent squad we have,I think they are all capable of playing a part in the new league,just have to see who wants to stay?  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 10:41:04 AM »
Thereís quite a few of the squad who were announced on two year deals last year. Whether getting promoted changes things I donít no would be good to get clarity form the club on this. Off to top of my head the players were

Ryan Fryatt
Rory McCauley
Aaron Jones
Chris Henderson
Adam Marriott
Harry Limb

I may be incorrect but 90% sure of this.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 11:56:18 AM »
In my mind, our squad can fall into 3 groups

Definitely Keep (try to):

Street
Fryatt
McCauley
FBT
Clunan (gets some grief from some sections, but quietly makes the side tick)
Henderson
Jones
Marriott
Gash

Definitely Release (if we can):

Hawkins - too inconsistent
Parker - isnít getting games
Limb - hasnít seemed good enough; whatever spark he used to have isnít on display.

Everyone else, would be happy enough if they stayed, wouldnít be too disappointed if they left.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 06:28:10 PM »
Like to see the following stay:

Street, McAuley (as Captain), Fryatt, Jones, FBT, Henderson, Gash, Marriott, Richards.

Possibles as cover for injuries:

Jarvis, Hawkins, Clunan, Robinson, Mellors-Blair.

Need to find:

5 New Players - Right Back, Centre Back, Mid Field x 2, 1 Striker, (+Left Back if FBT goes)

Goodbye to:

Limb (not shown any promise), Parker (not used enough since Hendo and Richards on the scene),
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 06:40:21 PM »
I think it will be

Street
Bastock
Jones
Barrows
Fryatt
McCauley
Robinson
Jarvis
Clunan
Richards
Henderson
Gash
Marriott

I think FBT moves on to bigger things, Parker, Mellors-Blair will prob want more games, will be sad to see Parker go. I canít see Limb wanting to stay around after a poor first season and could free up a decent chunk of wages if heís released.

The one Iím unsure about is Hawkins whoís had a poor season desperately lacking in consistency, yet the season before he was near unstoppable at times.

Meaning we will need a starting LB, two midfields and a ST just as replacements. Could also see us adding another CB to the mix and maybe another striker to give us depth will we need at this level

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 06:45:54 PM »
Would like to see Peds, Barrow, FBT, Jones, McAuley, Fryatt, Clunan, Hendo, Gash , Marriott and Richards all stay...
I have a hunch Limb will be kept on....Jarvis...I think it may be his decision either way. Think we need at least one hard tackling defensive midfielder, an additional centre half (Tom Ward?) and another forward with a proven track record at this level. Liked Hawkins when he was at it...again not sure re him...hope stays and proves his potential.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2019, 08:21:40 PM »
Thereís quite a few of the squad who were announced on two year deals last year. Whether getting promoted changes things I donít no would be good to get clarity form the club on this. Off to top of my head the players were

Ryan Fryatt
Rory McCauley
Aaron Jones
Chris Henderson
Adam Marriott
Harry Limb

I may be incorrect but 90% sure of this.
In all truthfulness contracts in general are not worth the paper they are written on.

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 01:30:33 AM »
Agreed About pedro he's like the steve lewis of today definitely one that hopefully will be around for a while yet all keepers have bloopers but he can be class!

Think most on here have the right ideas, genuinely believe it's most important to keep gash & marriott still think these two can cause a lot of problems in the next league.

What about that Jake reed at lowestoft Seemed to score for fun last year at one point he had 14 goals in 12 games.

definitely need to shore up the defence somehow, & not convinced the midfield is strong enough to battle against some of these northern teams who will leave you battered and bruised but we'll see. Leave it in Ian's capable hands & look forward to announcements!

:cup2: :cup2:

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2019, 05:10:04 AM »
Agreed About pedro he's like the steve lewis of today definitely one that hopefully will be around for a while yet all keepers have bloopers but he can be class!

Think most on here have the right ideas, genuinely believe it's most important to keep gash & marriott still think these two can cause a lot of problems in the next league.

What about that Jake reed at lowestoft Seemed to score for fun last year at one point he had 14 goals in 12 games.

definitely need to shore up the defence somehow, & not convinced the midfield is strong enough to battle against some of these northern teams who will leave you battered and bruised but we'll see. Leave it in Ian's capable hands & look forward to announcements!

I agree that we need more grunt in the middle.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 05:32:01 AM »

Quigley type player who is not afraid to mix it. :comeon:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2019, 07:14:49 AM »

Quigley type player who is not afraid to mix it. :comeon:

But with a bit more skill than Quigs.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2019, 11:25:11 AM »
One player I'd like to see the club get, is Matthew Stevens. Contract ends this summer at Peterborough, and he's scored the goals at Kettering/Slough past two seasons and would be a shrewd signing I feel. Young, proven goalscorer at this level and potential for a sell on.

Think a top quality defensive midfielder could be the key signing.