Author Topic: Next season's squad ?  (Read 20343 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Next season's squad ?
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2019, 06:00:29 PM »
Watch this space ............... not finished yet!

Wes for 1500 notes a week Graham ?

Two big names coming in?

With your record on predicting who's joining, nothing would surprise me.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2019, 06:05:39 PM »
 :farmer: I would like to see Jake Reed join our front line and a tough tackling defensive midfielder/ centre back. :oldman"

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2019, 06:27:31 PM »
Watch this space ............... not finished yet!

Wes for 1500 notes a week Graham ?

Two big names coming in?

With your record on predicting who's joining, nothing would surprise me.

Do you really think I’m that good, that I could  predict that one ?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2019, 07:21:37 AM »
Having acquired two left sided players we can see why that potential loanee from Norwich went south. Better to have your own players than loan players in any case.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2019, 09:20:06 AM »
Spot on Stan, not gonna make anything on a loaner. Still be a good relationship to nurture with City

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2019, 07:05:53 PM »
Having acquired two left sided players we can see why that potential loanee from Norwich went south. Better to have your own players than loan players in any case.

Beefing up the Back Line and having a more dedicated Left Winger makes sense - we were left a bit light when FBT went roaming forward.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2019, 07:13:48 PM »

The lad who went to Eastbourne was a centre back so not sure how that would be affected by any of the 3 lads signed in the press release - left back, winger, attacking midfielder.

Two big names coming in?

Lets hope so, I personally think if its only two then we are still short of what is needed to make the step up, its all well and good staying faithful to the lads who gained promotion but you have to take sentiment out of it and look at what we have against what we will most likely need - for me that meant probably around 6 new starters (allowing for FBT going) and not sure all three of the new lads announced will be automatic starters.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2019, 08:19:58 PM »
Got to think Tony that the 4 coming in ( including the returning Stewart ) are better than the players leaving (FBT excluded of course from that).  Then again if there is a couple more coming in then it stands to reason that maybe the likes of Stewart and Carey could be farmed our on loan.  No point in those lads coming in from step 5 to play at Step 6 for The Reserves.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2019, 08:52:38 PM »
Think there will just naturally be more squad rotation than last year due to the demands of the league. Can see 16 being used on a regular basis with another 4 coming into the match day planning at other times.
Another centre half,(who could double as target man ) and a tough tackling, midfield ball winner still required.

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2019, 01:31:35 PM »
Aaron jones could be the tough tackling midfielder if given the role without a doubt :dontknow:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2019, 01:44:30 PM »
Got to think Tony that the 4 coming in ( including the returning Stewart ) are better than the players leaving (FBT excluded of course from that).  Then again if there is a couple more coming in then it stands to reason that maybe the likes of Stewart and Carey could be farmed our on loan.  No point in those lads coming in from step 5 to play at Step 6 for The Reserves.

The target can't just be to get players in better than those who have left, we have to try and get better than we already have in the club as we make the step up next season.  I can see the attraction to Stewart and Carey in being associated with Lynn (the Norman and FBT effect) but will they be able to add anything next season?  Coming from step 5 would be a big jump going into an established step 2 team but we aren't even that yet so a huge jump for both lads, I also feel the same about Limb who added nothing at step 3 so retaining him once promotion was secured seems a very strange decision.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2019, 02:36:19 PM »
I guess the question is Tony are we looking at next season in isolation or looking to the future as well as the present?  I would suggest with the advent of the new academy and young signings coming in from lower level then IC and SC are looking at the longer term.

I think it may be difficult to bring in ‘better’ than we have unless there is a steep increase in budget.  Where does that money come from?  I know you are very much one for living within our means. So the MO of brining in younger players to improve has to be one way forward.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2019, 04:38:35 PM »
I'm pleased Stewart is getting another chance. Saw him a couple of times for Wroxham last season and was impressed with him. Also, in the brief glimpses in a Lynn shirt feel he can offer us something.

Was also impressed with Sonny Carey. Notice he trained with us towards end of the season. IC obviously saw enough to bring him here permanently.

Limb, I'm undecided about. Talent is clearly there (otherwise why would Burnley sign him?), but probably needs to come out of his shell more. Again, IC appears happy to have him at the club so who are we to disagree!?!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2019, 08:18:22 PM »
We won’t be too far up the league if we concentrate on tough midfielders or hard tackling defensive “holding players”.  The ball has to be up the other end of the pitch and in our possession !  That simply means better players, not more workhorses...  The other teams will have them - and defending can be done by teamwork (10 behind the ball, forest of legs etc)...