Author Topic: Next season's squad ?  (Read 20384 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Next season's squad ?
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2019, 02:56:08 PM »
What’s the story with Harry Limb this season ?  Not heard his name mentioned in pre-season games so far and is not in the first team of 15 today. 

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2019, 03:05:08 PM »
What’s the story with Harry Linnets this season ?  Not heard his name mentioned in pre-season games so far and is not in the first team of 15 today.

Was he A Trialist? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2019, 03:26:57 PM »
Corrected the typo Griss. Toby Hilliard looks to be the only ‘trialist’  at Needham today.  Hash, Steward and Richards look to be missing from the squad today,

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2019, 03:47:35 PM »
Corrected the typo Griss. Toby Hilliard looks to be the only ‘trialist’  at Needham today.  Hash, Steward and Richards look to be missing from the squad today,

Whats in your glass today,making a hash of your typing? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2019, 04:47:13 PM »
Big fingers and small letters on a phone.   :laughcry:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2019, 06:23:51 PM »
Big fingers and small letters on a phone.   :laughcry:

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2019, 08:46:37 AM »
My first look at the new lads last night and looks like we have the makings of a decent squad.  Obviously its pre-season and step 4 opposition but thought Smith looked a very good acquisition and I hope the 3-4-1-2 we played in the first half is our default set up for the new season, Kelly showed what a player from a higher standard looked like, Carey looked like we could be perming 2 from 3 (Jarvis, Clunan & Carey) for those middle two spots and we could have a really good player on our hands if he develops both as a player and physically, didn't see enough of Fox as we swapped it round 2nd half.  I still have worries that one or two from last year are a bit 'light weight' and may get found out at step 2 and with keeping the bulk of last years squad together we don't have the strength to carry anyone so hope that IC can get that additional player in that he talks about.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2019, 10:25:57 AM »
I think IC has been brilliant this pre-season.  No big wholesale changes.  Kept all of the quality he had last season (-1 of course).  Added 2 young promising players ( including one who played Step one last season) and 2 players who have played this level and above. 

The one little worry would be the strikers.  If Marriot and/or Gash were missing then what would we go with to replace either?

Overall I think it’s been a really positive summer now it’s up to the fan base to show the support the club needs.  Would be good to see a combined 2,000 people in The Walks for the opening 2 home games. Possible ?

Looking at a pic on Dereham’s twitter the crowd last night looked reasonable.  400/500 ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2019, 02:06:32 PM »
Looking at a pic on Dereham’s twitter the crowd last night looked reasonable.  400/500 ?

I've not seen anything official and didn't attend myself, but when I asked a Club Official last night he estimated about 150.

:dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2019, 02:29:55 PM »
On the highlights on KLTV attendance given as 252

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2019, 02:49:52 PM »
If we play 3 4 1 2,  I would think it would be in games against the top 5 eg York away. With such a formation you have Jones, Clunan, Richards, Carey, Jarvis and Henderson all fighting for 2 spots and Henderson, Richards, Carey, Hawkins and Kelly for the place behind the front two.
Against the likes of Farsley, Curzon, Guiseley, Gloucester,Leamington, Kettering I hope we go with the old diamond formation, certainly at home.
In terms of a back up striker we have Stewart and Limb in the squad and Hendo and Hawkins might also perform that role.
This is the year for Limb or Stewart to make a break through.
Given the defence now has decent cover and the midfield is bulging, a striker might be the final signing......?
Certainly will be a season where most if not all of the squad, play their part at some stage.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2019, 03:18:01 PM »
On the highlights on KLTV attendance given as 252

:clap:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2019, 05:04:37 PM »
KES. Has Limb featured in any pre season games so far ?

I see Charlie Congreve played for Holbeach last night.  Has he left or just gone out on loan ?

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2019, 05:17:11 PM »
KES. Has Limb featured in any pre season games so far ?

I see Charlie Congreve played for Holbeach last night.  Has he left or just gone out on loan ?

Charlie played for Lynn Reserves against Wisbech on Saturday, maybe just helping Holbeach out for the evening?

According to someone I spoke to at Needham game on Saturday Harry is ill, suffering with some sort of virus.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2019, 05:18:09 PM »
If we play 3 4 1 2,  I would think it would be in games against the top 5 eg York away. With such a formation you have Jones, Clunan, Richards, Carey, Jarvis and Henderson all fighting for 2 spots and Henderson, Richards, Carey, Hawkins and Kelly for the place behind the front two.
Against the likes of Farsley, Curzon, Guiseley, Gloucester,Leamington, Kettering I hope we go with the old diamond formation, certainly at home.
In terms of a back up striker we have Stewart and Limb in the squad and Hendo and Hawkins might also perform that role.
This is the year for Limb or Stewart to make a break through.
Given the defence now has decent cover and the midfield is bulging, a striker might be the final signing......?
Certainly will be a season where most if not all of the squad, play their part at some stage.

I think 3-4-1-2 is probably our most attacking formation and even against some of the 'lesser' teams at step 2 just don't think we will have the personnel to play the diamond.  Also not sure I would agree with your options - Henderson isn't an option for me as one of the central 2 and would be happier seeing Jones as one of the wide players, yes the 'no 10' slot does have options but again most of those you have listed would also be in consideration for either of the wide berths.

Sorry but can realistically only see Limb and/or Stewart making a breakthrough out on loan at step 4 and don't understand if you think otherwise why you think the final signing should be a striker?  Would be nice if IC could find someone but would you really want a 'Mellors-Blair' type player warming the bench any more than Toby?  I think finances may well dictate if (and where) we could strengthen but opportunities may arise as clubs above us trim their squads as we get closer to the start of the season.

Would like to see IC go with his starting line up for the last couple of pre-season games, we need to hit the season running and whilst its good to look at options in both personnel and formations early points and confidence could prove key to how the season goes.