Author Topic: Leamington (a)  (Read 1906 times)

robbo84

• View Profile
Leamington (a)
« on: February 26, 2016, 11:51:37 AM »
Even though we're only at the end of February, this is a huge game for both sides. Leamington currently trail us by three points, with three games in hand. They sat top of the league in October when they came to The Walks and committed what could only be described as a smash and grab raid to nick a 1-0 win in a game where we did everything but score.

I'd consider our team to have grown into this division considerably since then, but they're also coming off the back of a sticky patch themselves with some good recent results, particularly away from home.

Who's going?

rod

• View Profile
Re: Leamington (a)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 01:30:10 PM »
Another 'cup final', that I described as a six pointer in an earlier post - I believe that to be a realistic view as it is now so much about momentum and self belief...........It won't be the end of things if we get beaten but one or three points would really set us up for the run in.

robbo84

• View Profile
Re: Leamington (a)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 06:03:30 PM »
It was important we didn't lose today, so a good point gained. A defeat would have dropped us to 8th.

As Setch has said, we've now started turning "games we would have lost" into draws recently. All crucial for the run in.