Author Topic: Reserves  (Read 2103 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Reserves
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2019, 02:40:02 PM »
Nice reply, Tony thanks for that.
It's not that I don't see the points you make or the reasoning behind them.....and I know the welfare of the club is really important to all of us and we dearly hope the accounts can be balanced along the way. It seems to me though, that we have gone beyond a "shall we, shan't we" tipping point in terms of getting right behind what is going on. Step 2, with the set up currently in place in terms of squad, manager,groundstaff etc, its as good as I can remember (which is longer than I would care to admit).it has taken a huge input on so many levels to pull the club up to where it is now...if sufficient backing can be found...what an opportunity from here...and already the memories of the last couple of years will live long
If it doesn't all work out from this point, then we as fans are fairly powerless to do anything about it anyway, so while we may have a cautionary glance at the figures from time to time, maybe we owe it to ourselves to fully enjoy and embrace what is happening and back up those who are striving hard to achieve...... what's to loose by remaining positive.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 05:16:06 PM »
Totally agree about the opportunity, as for what fans can do, maybe the best principle would be to "hope for the best but plan for the worst".  For me that is a combination of both contributing to the Friends (helping provide some hope that we can support the club financially in whatever small way each of us deem appropriate) and supporting the B&G Trust which I hope develops it's role to become more active within the current set up and isn't just seen to be there as a failsafe should the worst happen.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2019, 06:04:55 PM »
Would be nice if that did happen .....and speaking from a position of being pro Trust myself. At the mo tho it appears larger scale finance will be required pronto, so hoping for significant Commercial sponsorship, possibly someone else to join SC at the helm and certainly 1000-1200 most home games at The Walks