Author Topic: Ground Development Fund (GDF) – Update  (Read 3672 times)

Ground Development Fund (GDF) – Update
« on: May 25, 2019, 12:00:08 PM »
On Thursday the 23rd of May, two Trust Directors had a very positive meeting  with Stephen Cleeve to discuss the implementation of the improvements to the ground necessary to meet with the FA Ground Grading Requirements. A rough estimate suggests that these improvements will cost in excess of £30,000.  The priority is the installation of turnstiles in the area to be designated for the segregation of away fans on match days when this is deemed necessary.  The cost of a double turnstile unit is £6,700 plus VAT, plus the costs of installation such as a suitable hard-standing and connection to a mains electricity supply.  It was agreed that the GDF would be used towards the purchase of these turnstiles.  The fund currently stands at £3229.14.  Many,  many thanks to those who have already contributed to this total.  It would be fantastic if this total could be increased  in order to further subsidise the cost of the turnstiles.  To find out more on the GDF and how to donate, click on the thermometer on the home page.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
Re: Ground Development Fund (GDF) – Update
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 12:14:29 PM »
On Thursday the 23rd of May, two Trust Directors had a very positive meeting  with Stephen Cleeve to discuss the implementation of the improvements to the ground necessary to meet with the FA Ground Grading Requirements. A rough estimate suggests that these improvements will cost in excess of £30,000.  The priority is the installation of turnstiles in the area to be designated for the segregation of away fans on match days when this is deemed necessary.  The cost of a double turnstile unit is £6,700 plus VAT, plus the costs of installation such as a suitable hard-standing and connection to a mains electricity supply.  It was agreed that the GDF would be used towards the purchase of these turnstiles.  The fund currently stands at £3229.14.  Many,  many thanks to those who have already contributed to this total.  It would be fantastic if this total could be increased  in order to further subsidise the cost of the turnstiles.  To find out more on the GDF and how to donate, click on the thermometer on the home page.

Great work by everyone involved

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 12:14:52 PM »
All good and very positive, is there any way fans could contribute labour wise to maybe save a little of the cost? :dontknow: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 01:25:32 PM »
Building not really my area. I may donate a bit more to the fund if that helps. I can't see why the trust wouldn't put some of their contingency fund to good use the raise funds subsequently to replace what was used.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 01:26:17 PM »
then raise

I meant to say.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 01:32:56 PM »
By helping the club in this way the trust are surely helping the long term future of the club and that would prevent any need for a future bail out if the club does flounder later on.
I would be interested to know what others think about the trust's reluctance to use any of that £60 or so K that they have. I understand that these are early bridge building days between club and trust and I understand what the fund is being retained for but... the club needs support now.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 02:30:16 PM »
Building not really my area. I may donate a bit more to the fund if that helps. I can't see why the trust wouldn't put some of their contingency fund to good use the raise funds subsequently to replace what was used.

Alternatively why doesn't the club spend the latest windfall on the improvements and fund raise to replace that,cut out the middle man? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 02:49:14 PM »
I would suspect most fund raising events would be patronised mainly by current supporters of the club so why not cut out the middle man again and stick another quid on admission prices
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 02:51:34 PM »
I would suspect most fund raising events would be patronised mainly by current supporters of the club so why not cut out the middle man again and stick another quid on admission prices

If I have an extra two pints in the Napier before kick off I will save another pound maybe I could donate that? :cheers: :cheers: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 03:13:49 PM »
In view of how past relations have been between the Trust and the owner I think the ground fund is a good start,and will make a donation however until there is more bridges built I would hope the trust keeps a firm grip on the capital it holds, there is 9 years work by a lot of people to get to this total,I think by now most people knows how trusts work and when there is some input or a share of what goes on within the club then maybe! some more funds can be made available.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2019, 05:29:14 PM »

Alternatively why doesn't the club spend the latest windfall on the improvements and fund raise to replace that,cut out the middle man? :dontknow:
Fair comment.

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2019, 05:36:39 PM »
I agree with Blue Moon and Sworn 2 Secrets.  Personally I wouldn’t object to an additional £2 or £3 on the ticket price to help with the ground improvements.  As Sworn says, Trust’s funds cannot be spent on anything other than a share of the ownership of the club.  Raising separate designated funds for ground improvements as the Trust are doing is the best way to help the club.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2019, 06:03:13 PM »
I agree with Blue Moon and Sworn 2 Secrets.  Personally I wouldn’t object to an additional £2 or £3 on the ticket price to help with the ground improvements.  As Sworn says, Trust’s funds cannot be spent on anything other than a share of the ownership of the club.  Raising separate designated funds for ground improvements as the Trust are doing is the best way to help the club.

Well perhaps all of those people who are happy to pay even more could just pay into the trust ground improvement fund? :scarf: :scarf:

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2019, 09:10:29 PM »
Or do both, pay more and of course contribute to the ground development fund.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2019, 09:14:25 PM »
I won't pay more. :dontknow: