Author Topic: Ground Development Fund (GDF) – Update  (Read 3458 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Ground Development Fund (GDF) – Update
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2019, 06:02:38 PM »
Please can we try to keep on topic and not have the same circular argument on every thread.  I think the solar panels idea is only any good if there is a pot of money available for the initial investment and in the short term I can think of many better investments the club could make.

Anyway, in an attempt to 'practice what I preach', is there scope for the Trust to run a specific fundraiser over the summer to boost the GDF?  Given some of the sums being talked about there is still a good way to go in terms of fundraising, unless we keep expecting SC to put more money into the club, and the GDF would seem the most suitable vehicle even for those who don't fully support the Aims and Objectives of the Trust.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2019, 06:05:59 PM »
Any club that is going anywhere needs a lot more than just gate money, at the level we are at we need every source of income that is out there, just look at most of the clubs at the same level as us ,not many survive on match day income only.

Well said, any amount large or small all goes to swell the coffers.  :comeon:
No one would argue with that or is arguing with that.

So any suggestion that raises funds is viable?
Well, some suggestions are better than others, of course. So not any suggestion. Some have been daft. There was something about tin cans I seem to recall. A better idea than just a suggestion would be a carefully thought through and costed plan. We can all make suggestions but without some substance behind them these ideas come across as whinging about ticket prices because some feel, wrongly, that ticket prices would be lower if funds were raised from elsewhere. No doubt you will recall those threads Griss.

Of course I recall those threads, I think another suggestion was solar panels, but you didn't mention that one? Nice that you managed to bring yet another thread around to admission price?  :dontknow:
I think you'll find that MA Hill raised the issue of ticket prices on this thread Griss, not me. I just feared it would ignite more of the ticket price nonsense that we've had before. The solar panels idea did appear to be a good idea to be fair but to make it happen someone needs to take ownership of the idea and turn it into a project that becomes reality. Now that would be impressive. We'd all get behind that. What is the latest on the solar panels idea Griss? Why don't you try and make it happen? Building and construction is not something I know anything about but it sounds as though you do.

The easy and only way it can happen is if the tenant gets a company in that deals with solar panels, then they come and quote, I think that is how it works?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2019, 06:11:45 PM »
Is it the idea that the steering committee will be organising those around them etc to fund raise?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2019, 06:23:30 PM »
Some commonality between the Steering Committee and Friends committee (as much as I know who is on the Friends committee) but think they serve different purposes.  To me the Steering Committee is an internal 'information sharing' group whereas the Friends has a the sole aim of raising funds for the club.  B&G Trust is something different again but the GDF is a very sensible way for the Trust to help support the club whilst staying within the constitution of a supporters trust and I think the club would be missing a trick were it not to embrace this source of funds and potential fund raising experience.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2019, 06:57:35 PM »
What would people suggest will be the remit of the Steering Committee? Would to help with the fund raising of The Friends and to see this stepped up to the next level.?

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2019, 08:05:22 PM »
I see my post on costs to see a game have been repeated. if you don't like it then do not go.   But an idea that worked well many years ago was that any ground work that was done , was done for free on condition that a board was put up  advertising that company, one item stands out was the disabled area I believe was donated by Dawson windows and doors. Everyone's a winner. 

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2019, 08:27:52 PM »
I did make a suggestion that maybe any fan with relevant skills could be invited to help?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2019, 11:48:40 AM »
Just out of interest is working tannoy system part of the requirements for promotion? Could there be a possibility that ours could be upgraded, so you can hear it all around the ground and not just the main Stand?  :dontknow: