Author Topic: Ground Development Fund (GDF) Ė Update  (Read 3306 times)

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Development Fund (GDF) Ė Update
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2019, 08:32:23 AM »
But would you pay to attend a fundraising event ? Same result , just different way of contributing
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2019, 09:15:04 AM »
But would you pay to attend a fundraising event ? Same result , just different way of contributing

Yes,but that is a different way of contributing, that way you have the choice of how much you spend at such events,if the entry price keeps going up then you will get to the stage where more people say no. Maybe someone can just about afford to go to the home games but not much more, and occasionally could afford to attend a bingo night or a quiz,that is a far fairer way than pricing him out of attending games? :dontknow: :bankrupt:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2019, 09:22:29 AM »
Gris, why donít you just buy a season ticket? Cleeve has posted on Facebook saying a much increased uptake and he says it works out at only 80p per game more than last season.  Surely even you canít moan at this; can you?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2019, 09:36:23 AM »
Gris, why donít you just buy a season ticket? Cleeve has posted on Facebook saying a much increased uptake and he says it works out at only 80p per game more than last season.  Surely even you canít moan at this; can you?

Last season because of work I only made four home games and the play offs,made more away games than home games,working on this premise it would equate to £72.50 a game,an increase of £59.50 a game? :bankrupt:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2019, 09:46:53 AM »

Last season because of work I only made four home games and the play offs,made more away games than home games,working on this premise it would equate to £72.50 a game,an increase of £59.50 a game? :bankrupt:

Why is admission price such a concern for you if you struggle to attend games?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2019, 09:50:39 AM »

Regardless of how many games I attend I am still allowed an opinion on the entry price? :dontknow: :banghead; :banghead;

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2019, 09:59:24 AM »

Regardless of how many games I attend I am still allowed an opinion on the entry price? :dontknow: :banghead; :banghead;
At no point did I say you couldnít!?!? Merely asked why itís such a focus issue for you?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2019, 10:05:45 AM »

At no point did I say you couldnít!?!? Merely asked why itís such a focus issue for you?

From a personal point of view I felt there was no need for another price increase, especially as it was going to rise whether we got promoted or not? :bankrupt:

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2019, 10:11:59 AM »

Donít we know it! Shame nearly every thread is taken up by your views on admission increases.

The majority seem to have accepted its £15 and understand why. You donít, thatís fine. Canít we all just move on?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2019, 10:54:21 AM »

Donít we know it! Shame nearly every thread is taken up by your views on admission increases.

The majority seem to have accepted its £15 and understand why. You donít, thatís fine. Canít we all just move on?

I think you should check back on this thread and see who raised the subject of the price increase,the thread was quite a positive one until someone decided to mention admission prices yet again!!! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2019, 05:17:08 PM »
 Same people always moaning about price itís boring

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2019, 05:42:33 PM »

From a personal point of view I felt there was no need for another price increase, especially as it was going to rise whether we got promoted or not? :bankrupt:
"No need for another price increase if we get promoted ???  I don't know the facts but I'd dare bet Norwich had an increase cos they got promoted, they certainly know how to increase prices for away supporters for Cat A games, last time they were in premiership ticket price was almost double than to go watch the corresponding fixture at the Etihad
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2019, 06:02:28 PM »
Same people always moaning about price itís boring

It was a positive post until people mentioned the price again!! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2019, 08:22:41 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48412747 

Get used to it Grissles.  Its only the start. With your security expertise, you should become a Steward. See the game for free.  :cheers:

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2019, 09:22:47 PM »
Maybe some events in the off season at the club with some trust input would go down well,I know a few people in the trust with good experience at fund raising,would help reach the turnstile target.Keep things clicking over!