Author Topic: Ground Development Fund (GDF) – Update  (Read 4448 times)

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: Ground Development Fund (GDF) – Update
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2019, 08:31:24 AM »
In this league expenses will be higher so it stands to reason that income needs to go up hence the hike in admission charge common sense really to the most of us

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2019, 09:05:32 AM »
In this league expenses will be higher so it stands to reason that income needs to go up hence the hike in admission charge common sense really to the most of us
Oh dear, I fear the blue ticket price touch paper may have been unintentionally lit once more: cue incendiaries about fund raising and sponsorship etc.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2019, 10:00:57 AM »
Oh dear, I fear the blue ticket price touch paper may have been unintentionally lit once more: cue incendiaries about fund raising and sponsorship etc.

Already lit the fuse Stan, don't tempt people to comment then complain when they do!!  :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2019, 10:32:43 AM »
It is what it is.  Black n white. Pay the new admission cost or don’t go.  Simple

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2019, 10:39:33 AM »
It is what it is.  Black n white. Pay the new admission cost or don’t go.  Simple

See what you have done now Stan?  :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2019, 03:23:02 PM »

See what you have done now Stan?  :banghead;
The pen is mightier than the sword Griss.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2019, 04:17:03 PM »
Any club that is going anywhere needs a lot more than just gate money, at the level we are at we need every source of income that is out there, just look at most of the clubs at the same level as us ,not many survive on match day income only.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2019, 04:27:01 PM »
Any club that is going anywhere needs a lot more than just gate money, at the level we are at we need every source of income that is out there, just look at most of the clubs at the same level as us ,not many survive on match day income only.

Well said, any amount large or small all goes to swell the coffers.  :comeon:

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2019, 04:37:06 PM »

No one would argue with that or is arguing with that.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2019, 05:06:20 PM »

So any suggestion that raises funds is viable?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2019, 05:26:35 PM »

Well, some suggestions are better than others, of course. So not any suggestion. Some have been daft. There was something about tin cans I seem to recall. A better idea than just a suggestion would be a carefully thought through and costed plan. We can all make suggestions but without some substance behind them these ideas come across as whinging about ticket prices because some feel, wrongly, that ticket prices would be lower if funds were raised from elsewhere. No doubt you will recall those threads Griss.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2019, 05:41:56 PM »

Well, some suggestions are better than others, of course. So not any suggestion. Some have been daft. There was something about tin cans I seem to recall. A better idea than just a suggestion would be a carefully thought through and costed plan. We can all make suggestions but without some substance behind them these ideas come across as whinging about ticket prices because some feel, wrongly, that ticket prices would be lower if funds were raised from elsewhere. No doubt you will recall those threads Griss.

Of course I recall those threads, I think another suggestion was solar panels, but you didn't mention that one? Nice that you managed to bring yet another thread around to admission price?  :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2019, 05:52:39 PM »
Have the prices for next season gone up ?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2019, 05:54:36 PM »

Of course I recall those threads, I think another suggestion was solar panels, but you didn't mention that one? Nice that you managed to bring yet another thread around to admission price?  :dontknow:
I think you'll find that MA Hill raised the issue of ticket prices on this thread Griss, not me. I just feared it would ignite more of the ticket price nonsense that we've had before. The solar panels idea did appear to be a good idea to be fair but to make it happen someone needs to take ownership of the idea and turn it into a project that becomes reality. Now that would be impressive. We'd all get behind that. What is the latest on the solar panels idea Griss? Why don't you try and make it happen? Building and construction is not something I know anything about but it sounds as though you do.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2019, 05:55:14 PM »
Have the prices for next season gone up ?
:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: