Author Topic: Steering Committee  (Read 1454 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Steering Committee
« on: May 31, 2019, 10:57:58 AM »
The club have just Tweeted about a 'new' Steering Committee to help SC and improve communications within the club

https://www.kltown.co.uk/single-post/2019/05/31/Kings-Lynn-Town-form-steering-group-and-add-new-signing-to-media-team

Sounds like good news although I would have assumed this would have already been in place (maybe I assume too much), anyway I suppose it is good news that it now exists and also good news that a new videographer is on board for next season.  My only concern is that it does look like the same old (established) faces and would be good to see a few new names in the frame, key quote for me from the article "We have a small but very dedicated team of people behind the scenes" which is great that they are dedicated but running a Conference North set up does need a solid infrastructure.

Also positive noises from the Friends but again maybe the same faces again?  Does anyone know about their AGM date or how committee recruitment appeal went?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Steering Committee
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 11:37:29 AM »
Stan; Oh dear, I fear the blue ticket price touch paper may have been unintentionally lit once more: cue incendiaries about fund raising and sponsorship etc.
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 02:13:43 PM »
Stan; Oh dear, I fear the blue ticket price touch paper may have been unintentionally lit once more: cue incendiaries about fund raising and sponsorship etc.

Wrong thread Griss.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 04:09:53 PM »

Wrong thread Griss.

So will the steering committee not be looking at sponsorship and fundraising?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 04:35:39 PM »

Wrong thread Griss.

So will the steering committee not be looking at sponsorship and fundraising?  :dontknow:
I imagine it will be a group for constructive discussion and actions. Like I said, "wrong thread."

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 11:30:28 PM »
http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/pitch-in-to-support-united-groundstaff-2428650.html

Get it sorted then grissles.  :cheers:

They have the friends and a steering committee for that sort of thing, I did actual suggest it at the FOTL AGM, but suggested more squares but a lower price. Guess they thought it was another of my silly ideas?  :dontknow:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 08:24:20 PM »
http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/pitch-in-to-support-united-groundstaff-2428650.html

Our very own groundsman Steven Curtis is taking up the challenge,full details to be finalised,but looking like it will be 200 squares at £10 a square. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2019, 10:28:10 PM »
Steven Curtis
OK FANS, I HAVE DONE A GRID ASSUMING PITCH IS 100 YARDS LONG AND FIFTY YARDS WIDE, ASSUMING 5 YARD SPACES WE GO FROM A TO J ALONG THE ENDS WE GO 1 TO 5 AT THE ENDS,, SO FOR EXAMPLE JOHN HAS CLAIMED BOTH PENALTY SPOTS SO B3 AND I3,HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE????

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2019, 08:26:34 AM »
Steven Curtis
OK FANS, I HAVE DONE A GRID ASSUMING PITCH IS 100 YARDS LONG AND FIFTY YARDS WIDE, ASSUMING 5 YARD SPACES WE GO FROM A TO J ALONG THE ENDS WE GO 1 TO 5 AT THE ENDS,, SO FOR EXAMPLE JOHN HAS CLAIMED BOTH PENALTY SPOTS SO B3 AND I3,HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE????

Considering it was only mooted yesterday it is already up and running,16 squares gone already,hope everybody jumps on board this one,full grid will make a tidy little £2000. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 11:20:18 AM »
Who would be the best person to contact with any suggestions/ideas,and the best way to contact them? maybe if the bar is open one night people could just drop in,I have suggested to Steve Curtis that if the bar was open the fund raiser via the pitch sponsor could be made more easily available? I don't think it would take long to sell all the squares? :dontknow: